Start by marking “The Mustang Breaker (Horse Dreams Trilogy #2)” as Want to Read:
The Mustang Breaker (Horse Dreams Trilogy #2)

The Mustang Breaker (Horse Dreams Trilogy #2)

4.22  ·  Rating Details  ·  129 Ratings  ·  21 Reviews
In this second book of the winsome Horse Dreams trilogy, heavyhearted divorcee Develyn Worrell’s mood continues to lighten as she has escaped Indiana to enjoy the equine charms of a small Wyoming town. There, in a place she visited as a child and has dreamt of ever since, the Lord’s leading becomes clearer, even as cowboy romances and the relationship with her grown daught ...more
Published January 15th 2006 by B&H Fiction

To ask other readers questions about The Mustang Breaker, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Mustang Breaker

Black Beauty by Anna SewellKing of the Wind by Marguerite HenryThe Black Stallion by Walter FarleyMisty of Chincoteague by Marguerite HenryComing Home by Lauren Brooke
Horse Lover's Literature
213th out of 420 books — 144 voters
Wolf by Kelly OliverCoyote by Kelly OliverWind in the Wires by Janet Chester BlyFlorentine's Hero by Debra KaynCowgirls Just Wanna Have Fun by Barbara Neville
Best Cowgirl Lit Novels
11th out of 17 books — 15 voters

More lists with this book...

Arabianhorse Watt
Dec 30, 2008 Arabianhorse Watt rated it really liked it
This book is sooooo funny. When someone asks you why your laughing, you can't because your laughing very hard. On a serious note, its a fun love story with a few twists.
Gophergirl58
Jan 15, 2016 Gophergirl58 rated it it was amazing
Better than book one, but it was also showing how the characters grew. After reading Mary O'Hara's "Thunderhead" books as a child ("My Friend Flicka" was the first, and also "Green Grass of Wyoming," I believe one of the other three), I have always wanted to go to Wyoming, and this book only made me want to go there even more! There were periods in "The Mustang Breaker" story that I laughed out loud, something I do not often do when reading. Great story by the late Mr. Bly!
Robert L. McKamey
Very good reading

This book is as good as book number 1. Truly a good humorous story. I would advise everyone to read such a great story. If you're having a bad day just grab this book and live in the world of love and laughter
Shannon
Mar 10, 2016 Shannon rated it liked it
I am only giving this book 3 stars due to the fact that, although I really enjoyed the trilogy, I do not like books that leave you hanging until you are lucky enough to get your hands on the next book.
Beka P
Jul 28, 2012 Beka P rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2012
I gave this book 4 stars because it was not as good as the first.
Positives some horse gentling, she checks off two cowboys from her love list, spends more time praying to the Lord, buys her daughter a ticket to Wyoming, and Casey finds her a man!!
Negatives Too much talking

Develyn is still in Wyoming and is still trying to figure out herself. After pushing Quint away, she trys Renny out. Renny and Dev become really good friends; but they realize that their paths don`t seem to run the same way.
Michelle
Jan 13, 2010 Michelle rated it it was ok
This is #2 in a 3 book series. I read the first one and it was an easy, lighthearted read, but the ending was so abrupt that I wouldn't even really call it an ending. So I gave it another chance and started book 2, half way thru I was so bored, but I can't not finish a book, so I read the whole thing. Again it is a cute, lighthearted, feel good type book, but slow, repetitive and boring. I am not even going to bother with #3.
Pj
Feb 22, 2013 Pj rated it really liked it
The continuation of a teacher's quest to find out who she really is. I kept reading and reading to find out what kind of trouble Dev would find herself in and who she drug along with her. Loved the relationship between Dev and Casey. Can't wait to see what happens to the girls in book 3
Shelena
Dec 03, 2011 Shelena rated it liked it
Interesting book. Got it from the library and didn't know that it was part of a trilogy. Don't know if I'll try to read that other ones or not. It just kinda or ended and I was left hanging.
Melissa
Feb 24, 2013 Melissa rated it did not like it
HATED. Ridiculous story line. Found the "accent" imposed on the characters from Wyoming RIDICULOUS. No one born and raised there speaks like that!!!!
Kathy
Mar 18, 2012 Kathy added it
Very good read. Strong friendship between Dev and Casey. I did not read the first in this series, but this was still easy to follow.
Dorrice
Jul 09, 2013 Dorrice rated it it was amazing
I really do like Stephen Bly's books. If they are all like the two I have read I will reading many more of them in the days to come.
Theresa
Oct 22, 2007 Theresa rated it really liked it
Great details about horseback riding. I like Stephen Bly, with the exception of his characters thinking more than speaking.
Lori
Oct 27, 2013 Lori rated it really liked it
fast read. If your a horse lover and like a good clean romance...a little corney at times. This is the series for you.
Andrea
Jul 25, 2009 Andrea rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this novel , what a great follow up to book one. I can't wait to start the next novel.
Erin
Jan 01, 2008 Erin rated it really liked it
Continuing adventures of Develyn, Casey, Quint, Renny, Cooper, My Maria and Uncle Henry.
Jan
Aug 30, 2012 Jan rated it it was amazing
loved loved loved this second one of the triology!
Deborah Boutwell
I read this out of order and it stood alone.
Aubrielle
Apr 07, 2008 Aubrielle rated it it was amazing
(See my review of Memories of a Dirt Road Town)
Mary
Aug 01, 2011 Mary rated it really liked it
Loved the entire series. Lots of humor.
Kd
May 04, 2009 Kd rated it really liked it
No heavy thinking, just entertainment.
PWRL
Dec 03, 2008 Cws added it
Shelves: young-adult
YA Bly
Jeannie
Jeannie rated it liked it
Jun 22, 2016
Marie
Marie rated it it was ok
Jun 16, 2016
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2016
Cynthia Pantalone
Cynthia Pantalone rated it really liked it
Jun 27, 2016
Shirley
Shirley marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2016
Bekah
Bekah rated it it was amazing
Jun 04, 2016
Michaela
Michaela marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Kansas
  • Promised to Me (Coming to America #4)
  • Gunpowder Tea (The Brides of Last Chance Ranch, #3)
  • A Kiss for Cade (The Western Sky Series, #2)
  • The Reluctant Prophet (The Reluctant Prophet, #1)
  • Honor's Reward (Rocky Mountain Legacy, #5)
  • Clouds (Glenbrooke, #5)
  • Sabrina (Big Sky Dreams, #2)
  • Snow Angel
  • Prairie Storm (A Town Called Hope, #3)
  • God's Gift
  • A Big Sky Christmas (Christmas, #3)
  • Betting on Hope (Four of Hearts Ranch Romance #1)
  • Misery Loves Company
  • One More Last Chance (A Place to Call Home, #2)
  • Julia's Hope (The Wortham Family Series, #1)
Stephen Bly (August 17, 1944 - June 9, 2011) authored 100 books and hundreds of articles. His book, THE LONG TRAIL HOME, (Broadman & Holman), won the prestigious 2002 CHRISTY AWARD for excellence in Christian fiction in the category western novel. Three other books, PICTURE ROCK (Crossway Books), THE OUTLAW'S TWIN SISTER (Crossway Books), and LAST OF THE TEXAS CAMP (Broadman & Holman), wer ...more
More about Stephen Bly...

Horse Dreams Trilogy (3 books)
  • Memories of a Dirt Road Town (Horse Dreams Trilogy #1)
  • Wish I'd Known You Tears Ago (Horse Dreams Trilogy #3)