Start by marking “The Beverly Lewis Amish Heritage Cookbook” as Want to Read:
The Beverly Lewis Amish Heritage Cookbook

The Beverly Lewis Amish Heritage Cookbook

4.27  ·  Rating Details  ·  328 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
Amish Recipes from the Collection of Beverly Lewis
A homespun, authentic collection of Amish recipes collected over the years by Beverly Lewis. Many are from her grandmother and other family members as well as dear friends from the Amish world she writes about with such power and authenticity. Now she lovingly shares these with her millions of readers who have come to trea
Published May 1st 2004 by Bethany House Publishers (first published January 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about The Beverly Lewis Amish Heritage Cookbook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Beverly Lewis Amish Heritage Cookbook

Dec 16, 2014 Laura rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The book starts with two sisters who had left the Amish faith and became what is called “Englisher” one sister Tilly had married but the other sister Ruth has not made a commitment having not given up on her failed courtship with a young Amish boy. The years have passed and their brother contacted them to come and celebrate their parent’s anniversary. Coming back home many times means shuffling around the held baggage and this was the case for the two sisters. Tilley had never felt she was a mem ...more
Diane
Nov 04, 2012 Diane rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
After reading a few of Beverly Lewis' books, I wanted to look up some of the recipes she talks about in her books. Lo and behold, she has already come out with an Amish cookbook, contributed to by many different Amish people. I sat down and read through most of the recipes and I look forward to trying out quite a few. Especially the soups/stews and desserts!
Wanda
Nov 25, 2014 Wanda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbook
These delicious recipes will help you put good wholesome meals on the table without a lot of fuss - so easy to prepare. The recipes are organized by category, making it easy to find your favorite mouth watering recipes.

I've been using this cookbook for about 2 months and already have a few favorites:
Pumpkin Bread - The best I've ever eaten.
Morning Glory Muffins - Makes a lot of muffins and the extra batter will keep in the refrigerator for up to 4 weeks.
Amish Meat Loaf - Just superb!

If you enjo
Julie
Jan 26, 2015 Julie rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Overall, I was disappointed. Having read the Abram's Daughters series, I was very interested in the recipes because the food always sounded so good. Blueberry Pie - use 2 cans of canned blueberry pie filling. What? Not what I was expecting.
Teresa
Jan 02, 2016 Teresa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love the insights into Amish life as well as the recipes. It's going to be a fun challenge trying to make some of these foods!
I didn't post a finished date because this will be an ongoing resource for me.
Gretchen Cochran
Aug 31, 2014 Gretchen Cochran rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
LOVE it. I cook out of it all the time!
Cathy
Dec 31, 2010 Cathy rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: no one
Recommended to Cathy by: Beverly Lewis's talent persuaded me to buy it
Not thrilled with this cookbook. I expected it to share the recipes from each book in the series and it really didn't. There are lots of good recipes, don't get me wrong. But I really wanted the ones I was reading about with no embellishments.
Heather
Aug 29, 2013 Heather rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this author anyway. Was so glad to finely get my hands on this cookbook. Love recipes that have been handed down! Comfort food at it's finest, just in time for fall!
Ashley
Jan 31, 2008 Ashley rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-bookshelf
I got this Amish cookbook after falling in love with Beverly Lewis's stories of the Amish.

I couldn't wait to start cooking. There are some wonderful recipes in this book.
Ang
May 13, 2008 Ang rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
After reading all about the Amish it was fun to get the cookbook and look through the recipes they talk about. I recently made hush puppies from the cookbook and they were great!
Kristin
Jun 20, 2011 Kristin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I just received this book as a gift. I am so excited. I will have to give updated reports later once I start reading it and using it:-)
Toby
Jan 26, 2009 Toby rated it it was amazing
I use this cookbook every week. It holds our favorite dinners and treats.
Jane Hiott
Jane Hiott rated it liked it
Jan 27, 2016
Kathy
Kathy marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2016
Linda E. Cook
Linda E. Cook rated it it was amazing
Jan 26, 2016
Julie
Julie rated it it was amazing
Jan 25, 2016
Janice Mattoon
Janice Mattoon rated it it was amazing
Jan 16, 2016
Debbie
Debbie marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2016
Joanna Bell
Joanna Bell rated it it was amazing
Jan 07, 2016
Christina Quick
Christina Quick rated it it was amazing
Jan 02, 2016
Ken Mayfield
Ken Mayfield marked it as to-read
Dec 31, 2015
MICHAEL H LENDERMAN
MICHAEL H LENDERMAN rated it it was amazing
Dec 31, 2015
Rebecca
Rebecca rated it it was amazing
Dec 28, 2015
Sandra
Sandra rated it it was amazing
Dec 27, 2015
Shelby Swanson
Shelby Swanson marked it as to-read
Dec 26, 2015
Cathy Gladieux
Cathy Gladieux marked it as to-read
Dec 26, 2015
David Grimes
David Grimes marked it as to-read
Dec 25, 2015
josh kulle
josh kulle rated it it was amazing
Dec 25, 2015
  • Wanda E. Brunstetter's Amish Friends Cookbook
  • Cooking from Quilt Country : Hearty Recipes from Amish and Mennonite Kitchens
  • Amish Society
  • The Riddle of Amish Culture
  • The Sound of Sleigh Bells (Apple Ridge #1)
  • Hannah's Dream (Hannah's Heart, #1)
  • Frugal Gourmet Cooks with Wine
  • The Red Geranium
  • House Calls and Hitching Posts: Stories From Dr. Elton Lehman's Career Among The Amish
  • A Stranger's Wish (Amish Farm Trilogy, #1)
  • Amish Women
  • What the Heart Sees: A Collection of Amish Romances
  • Broken English (Ohio Amish Mystery, #2)
  • Fresh Food Fast: Delicious, Seasonal Vegetarian Meals in Under an Hour
  • Roasting-A Simple Art
  • Running Around (And Such) (Lizzie Searches for Love, #1)
  • A Stranger's Gift (Women of Pinecraft, #1)

Beverly Lewis, raised in Pennsylvania Amish country and both a schoolteacher and an accomplished musician, has been an award-winning author for over a dozen years. Her acclaimed novel, The Preacher's Daughter, was a 2006 Quill Book Award finalist in the romance category. Her books have appeared on numerous best
More about Beverly Lewis...