Start by marking “Mismatch” as Want to Read:
Mismatch

Mismatch (Loveswept #315)

3.33 of 5 stars 3.33  ·  rating details  ·  524 ratings  ·  52 reviews

#1 New York Times bestselling author Tami Hoag mixes passion, politics, heartbreak, and humor in this powerful classic novel ignited by a man and woman whose desire for each other could lead them both to ruin.

They were totally wrong for each other. A romantic odd couple. It was clear at first sight. Bronwynn Prescott Pierson was a jet-setting socialite, a one-time fashion

Audio CD, 0 pages
Published June 3rd 2008 by AudioGO (first published March 1989)

To ask other readers questions about Mismatch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mismatch

Maura
This was so mediocre it was unbearable. It feels like there is practically no conflict, the issue that does arise after a long, drawn out and fairly boring romance was completely blown out of proportion and I didn't care for either of the characters that much. Bronwynn, despite claiming to be an independent person who can take care of herself is really nothing more than a big kid (she climbs trees, she has a sheep for a pet, she plays hide and seek with his cigarettes and befriends random strang ...more
Kelly
Aug 24, 2012 Kelly is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Since the last couple of books I've read have been thrillers and mysteries, I wanted something a little lighter. I also love Tami Hoag. Well, this is definitely lighter, but I have to say it is easy to tell that this is one of Ms. Hoag's early works. I have read some of her early books and enjoyed them, but they have all been mainly her mysteries and not Harlequin style romances. I found her at her "Thin Dark Line" stage of writing and have enjoyed all of her books since.
Having said all of that,
Jessica
I'm a fan of romance books and i have read some of hoag's earlier works so i don't think thats why i couldn't get into this one but it was definitely not her best work. First of all the heroines name is godawful and i cringed every time i read it. The plot isn't too bad i especially liked the opening wedding scene. But the romance fell a little flat for me. The reader is constantly reminded how little the pair have in common except for this overwhelming attraction. Now im a pretty moder
Darcy
This was a cute little story of a woman who right before she marries finds out her groom has been sleeping with her cousin. She goes through the wedding up to the point of "Does anybody know why these two" and then in front of all of their family and friends lets the secret loose. Then heads out to heal her hurt.

Bronwynn heads to the house she inherited from her uncle, her favorite childhood spot. Too bad when she gets there the house is in shambles, but she is determined to stay there. Meanwhi
Sharyn
"Mismatch" by Tami Hoag was written in 1989, and it shows. Smoking again. I can't believe how much it offends me, but at least in this book, it also offends the girlfriend and the hero eventually stops. A cute read, but a big suspention of belief as the Heroine is rich, beautiful, tries to single handidly remodel a wreck of a house, makes a sheep a pet, and other silly stuff. She has 1 endearing quality, she misquotes cliche's. The hero is an overworked congressman. They meet cute, fall fast, ha ...more
Catetyson
This book got me on page one! I was so happy! It is not a very deep book. It is full of emotion, romance and SEX! (Who doesn't need a book like this every once in a while?) Tami Hoag is one of my favorite authors. She normally does suspense/mystery with romance mixed in, but occassionally it is just a good love story.

Unfortunately, the book was great until the last 4 pages. I had to give it 4/5. It is a great car trip or beach read.
Kelly R
Pam Herrmann
Nice little chick light book to listen to on my way to work with a happily ever after ending! Wouldn't it be grand if life were really like that?
There were a few things that I found hard to believe -- like the mice and raccoons making their appearance in her house during daylight hours...and the fact that she could wean Wade off cigarettes without him noticing - but 'tis a fairy tale after all....
Linda Petersen
Basically a bodice-ripper. Sex, sex, sex... after a while I just skipped those parts. The plot line was pretty basic, the characters stereotypical. I did actually finish it though - quick read, 2, maybe 3 days. I got a bunch of Tami Hoag books from a library sale, and I'm going through them chronologically by published date. Thank goodness she eventually moves on to big girl books!
Keryn Rhule
Thoroughly enjoyed this book. Light and entertaining.
Lisa
When I pick up a Tami Hoag novel, I'm looking for a bit of murder or suspense or something, not this hokey romantic drivel. Almost makes me want to up "50 shades" to two stars. Almost.

"The thoughts warmed her from inside out until she felt as soft and pliant as bread dough". Enough said.
Barbara Huskey
Tami's 1st book and definitely not a suspense, murder mystery or thrilling. It was a romantic love story. Glad I listened to the audiobook. For what it was, it was okay, but I'll be more careful to skip the romances next time and stick with the more exciting books she writes.
Rick Robinson
I don't know if I wasn't in the mood for this or what, but this was not like any other Tami Hoag book that I have read before. This was just a love story--you know--boy meets girl--boy gets girl--boy loses girl-boy gets girl back. If you like that kind of stuff, go for it.
Lsmckinlay
this book was not worth the paper that it was written on. I found it to be very annoying and predictable. The story line was very thin- it could have been wirtten in one chapter not taking up a full book. With that being said I did read it from cover to cover in one day .
Wendy
Dec 14, 2008 Wendy rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: romance lovers
Though not one of my favorites, I enjoyed to story and characters alot. The premis is cute, of a woman that runs out on her wedding and meets the man down the road that thinks she just might be crazy. Antics ensue and they start a relationship. A good weekend read.
Christine
I enjoyed this book. Lots of laughs, some cries and lots of smirky smiles ;-) Bronwynn and Wade- what a pair! I could totally picture Foxfire, especially when Bronwynn first went there after the wedding. My favorite part was when they climbed the tree.
J.S. Meresmaa
Tami Hoagilta olen lukenut pari hyvää kirjaa, joten tavallaan tämä oli pettymys, koska en odottanut ihan näin perushömppäromantiikkaa. Kirja ei tarjonnut mitään yllätyksiä (yhyy), vaan oli tuttujuonikuvioista viihdettä.
This book was abandoned. Like Tami Hoag for suspense thrillers, but some of the older books can be hit or miss. This is definitely a miss. I'm through page 50, I plan to read the last chapter and call it a day.
Sammalpeura
Tammy
This book was ok. Mediocre. I liked the girl-her feistiness. The man was kind of bland. I did get a good kick out of the girl's pet sheep. That, along w/the raccoons, added lots of humor to the story.
Pam Terry
This book was fun. Two very different people but interesting each in their own way. Funny, sad, and witty, this book is exiting and romantic. There is a bit of mytery in there too. Very enjoyable.
Chris
I listened to this book and while I liked the characters and the action just fine. When I ran out of time with 30 minutes left to listen to the book, I wasn't all that worried to listen to the ending.
Anne
now i know why i stick to her mystery books. and having read this right after reading a phenomenal book made the horrible story in this one even more apparent.
Carol Malone
A romance romp for two unlikely opposite personalities. Opposing magnet forces inexpliciably drawn together by the oldest emotion known to man. Very good read.
Joni
Completely enjoyed listening to this book. The writing is very descriptive. The narrator was fantastic. I laughed out loud several times!
Sophie
Extreme overkill on the inner monologue - this book is basically a long refrain of: "He's so not my type, but I'm still so attracted to him. Oh no!"
Jharkey
sort of a soap opera like book on cd. someone gave me a box of books on cd. would not have chosen this one. very predictible
Natasha
I read this in about 24 hours. It was an easy read and a good love story with a happy ending. Nothing deep- just a cute story.
Natalie
Surprised me that I enjoyed this as much as I did considering it is a man/woman love story and not a mystery. :)
Erica
I very nice story about 2 totally different people falling in love in the woods in VT. I really enjoyed this book :)
  • The Spellbinder
  • Larger Than Life
  • A Prince for Jenny (Loveswept, No 656)
  • Kiss and Tell (Sunrise Key Trilogy #1)
  • Escape from Cabriz
  • Fallen Angel
#1 New York Times bestselling author Tami Hoag began her professional career writing for Bantam’s Loveswept line of romance novels. In 1988 her first novel, The Trouble With J.J. was published.

With fifteen consecutive New York Times bestsellers to her credit, Hoag has more than 35 million books in print, published in more than twenty languages worldwide. Her first thriller, Night Sins, was made i
More about Tami Hoag...
Ashes to Ashes (Kovac/Liska, #1) Secrets to the Grave (Oak Knoll, #2) Deeper Than the Dead (Oak Knoll, #1) Guilty as Sin  (Deer Lake #2) Prior Bad Acts (Kovac/Liska, #3)