Start by marking “Mismatch” as Want to Read:
Mismatch

Mismatch

#1 New York Times bestselling author Tami Hoag mixes passion, politics, heartbreak, and humor in this powerful classic novel ignited by a man and woman whose desire for each other could lead them both to ruin.

They were totally wrong for each other. A romantic odd couple. It was clear at first sight. Bronwynn Prescott Pierson was a jet-setting socialite, a one-time fashion

Audio CD, 6 pages
Published June 3rd 2008 by AudioGO (first published March 1989)

To ask other readers questions about Mismatch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mismatch

Anita
Jan 13, 2015 Anita rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My last two books were romantic-suspense that were really heavy on the suspense/terror element. I needed something lighter and with a touch of humor. Mismatch fit the bill to a T. I absolutely love these older romance books by Tami Hoag. They have H/h who are just wonderful. I know, the book is dated. The pop culture references are 25 years out of date. That doesn't bother me. What shines through is that this is a wonderful, sweet, humorous love story.

Bronwynn is a Boston heiress who found her f
Linda Petersen
Basically a bodice-ripper. Sex, sex, sex... after a while I just skipped those parts. The plot line was pretty basic, the characters stereotypical. I did actually finish it though - quick read, 2, maybe 3 days. I got a bunch of Tami Hoag books from a library sale, and I'm going through them chronologically by published date. Thank goodness she eventually moves on to big girl books!
Mary Shive
This will be my last book by this author. This was disappointing as the dialog was predictable and not very interesting.
Emily Higgins
Nov 18, 2016 Emily Higgins rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Bronwynn Prescott Pierson accused her fiancé of infidelity at the altar and left the church alone. She decides to go to the house in Vermont that her uncle had given her 19 years ago. Naturally, the old house is neglected and needs a lot of work. Wade Grayson,, a Congressman from Indiana is staying in the nearest house trying to recover from ulcers. He finds himself helping with the work on Bronwynn's house and falling for her.
Kelly
Aug 24, 2012 Kelly is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Since the last couple of books I've read have been thrillers and mysteries, I wanted something a little lighter. I also love Tami Hoag. Well, this is definitely lighter, but I have to say it is easy to tell that this is one of Ms. Hoag's early works. I have read some of her early books and enjoyed them, but they have all been mainly her mysteries and not Harlequin style romances. I found her at her "Thin Dark Line" stage of writing and have enjoyed all of her books since.
Having said all of that,
Jessica
I'm a fan of romance books and i have read some of hoag's earlier works so i don't think thats why i couldn't get into this one but it was definitely not her best work. First of all the heroines name is godawful and i cringed every time i read it. The plot isn't too bad i especially liked the opening wedding scene. But the romance fell a little flat for me. The reader is constantly reminded how little the pair have in common except for this overwhelming attraction. Now im a pretty moder
Maura
Darcy
May 19, 2010 Darcy rated it liked it
Shelves: 2010, romance
This was a cute little story of a woman who right before she marries finds out her groom has been sleeping with her cousin. She goes through the wedding up to the point of "Does anybody know why these two" and then in front of all of their family and friends lets the secret loose. Then heads out to heal her hurt.

Bronwynn heads to the house she inherited from her uncle, her favorite childhood spot. Too bad when she gets there the house is in shambles, but she is determined to stay there. Meanwhi
Sharyn
Jul 02, 2013 Sharyn rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
"Mismatch" by Tami Hoag was written in 1989, and it shows. Smoking again. I can't believe how much it offends me, but at least in this book, it also offends the girlfriend and the hero eventually stops. A cute read, but a big suspention of belief as the Heroine is rich, beautiful, tries to single handidly remodel a wreck of a house, makes a sheep a pet, and other silly stuff. She has 1 endearing quality, she misquotes cliche's. The hero is an overworked congressman. They meet cute, fall fast, ha ...more
Jeanne
Aug 26, 2016 Jeanne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
A nice little romance story. This is the perfect odd couple. Bronwynn Prescott Pierson, a jet setting socialite and model, and Wade Grayson, a straight laced congressman, they meet in a chance meeting in Vermont. She was escaping her self botched wedding and he was under doctors orders to get some rest and relaxation. The attraction was mutual and would love develope from this powerful draw that keep them together?
Catetyson
Apr 10, 2009 Catetyson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book got me on page one! I was so happy! It is not a very deep book. It is full of emotion, romance and SEX! (Who doesn't need a book like this every once in a while?) Tami Hoag is one of my favorite authors. She normally does suspense/mystery with romance mixed in, but occassionally it is just a good love story.

Unfortunately, the book was great until the last 4 pages. I had to give it 4/5. It is a great car trip or beach read.
Pam Herrmann
Nice little chick light book to listen to on my way to work with a happily ever after ending! Wouldn't it be grand if life were really like that?
There were a few things that I found hard to believe -- like the mice and raccoons making their appearance in her house during daylight hours...and the fact that she could wean Wade off cigarettes without him noticing - but 'tis a fairy tale after all....
Pam Terry
Aug 30, 2012 Pam Terry rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was fun. Two very different people but interesting each in their own way. Funny, sad, and witty, this book is exiting and romantic. There is a bit of mytery in there too. Very enjoyable.
Sammalpeura
Tami Hoagilta olen lukenut pari hyvää kirjaa, joten tavallaan tämä oli pettymys, koska en odottanut ihan näin perushömppäromantiikkaa. Kirja ei tarjonnut mitään yllätyksiä (yhyy), vaan oli tuttujuonikuvioista viihdettä.
Chris
Apr 27, 2011 Chris rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I listened to this book and while I liked the characters and the action just fine. When I ran out of time with 30 minutes left to listen to the book, I wasn't all that worried to listen to the ending.
Wendy
Dec 14, 2008 Wendy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: romance lovers
Though not one of my favorites, I enjoyed to story and characters alot. The premis is cute, of a woman that runs out on her wedding and meets the man down the road that thinks she just might be crazy. Antics ensue and they start a relationship. A good weekend read.
Lisa
Feb 28, 2013 Lisa rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
When I pick up a Tami Hoag novel, I'm looking for a bit of murder or suspense or something, not this hokey romantic drivel. Almost makes me want to up "50 shades" to two stars. Almost.

"The thoughts warmed her from inside out until she felt as soft and pliant as bread dough". Enough said.
Kelly R
Rick Robinson
I don't know if I wasn't in the mood for this or what, but this was not like any other Tami Hoag book that I have read before. This was just a love story--you know--boy meets girl--boy gets girl--boy loses girl-boy gets girl back. If you like that kind of stuff, go for it.
Christine
Aug 22, 2012 Christine rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book. Lots of laughs, some cries and lots of smirky smiles ;-) Bronwynn and Wade- what a pair! I could totally picture Foxfire, especially when Bronwynn first went there after the wedding. My favorite part was when they climbed the tree.
Tammy
Jun 06, 2014 Tammy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was ok. Mediocre. I liked the girl-her feistiness. The man was kind of bland. I did get a good kick out of the girl's pet sheep. That, along w/the raccoons, added lots of humor to the story.
Barbara Huskey
Tami's 1st book and definitely not a suspense, murder mystery or thrilling. It was a romantic love story. Glad I listened to the audiobook. For what it was, it was okay, but I'll be more careful to skip the romances next time and stick with the more exciting books she writes.
J.S. Meresmaa
E.v. Sage
Dec 30, 2014 E.v. Sage rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Wonderful combination of amusing odd couple and their emotional introspection, balancing humor with a touch of angst. I loved the heroine in this novel, who is both strong and highly individual. There was no mystery around why the leading man fell for her, and the opposite is true as well.
Sep 21, 2010 Jennifer rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book was abandoned. Like Tami Hoag for suspense thrillers, but some of the older books can be hit or miss. This is definitely a miss. I'm through page 50, I plan to read the last chapter and call it a day.
Lsmckinlay
Jul 09, 2008 Lsmckinlay rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
this book was not worth the paper that it was written on. I found it to be very annoying and predictable. The story line was very thin- it could have been wirtten in one chapter not taking up a full book. With that being said I did read it from cover to cover in one day .
Joni
Feb 06, 2009 Joni rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Completely enjoyed listening to this book. The writing is very descriptive. The narrator was fantastic. I laughed out loud several times!
Julie
Oct 16, 2010 Julie rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Evidently one of her earlier works. Leans towards romantic trash. Not up to par of her later works.
Deb
Apr 11, 2011 Deb rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2011
Not a typical Tami Hoag Thriller/Suspense book. It was alright if you are in the mood for a quirky romance.
Natalie
Oct 24, 2010 Natalie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Surprised me that I enjoyed this as much as I did considering it is a man/woman love story and not a mystery. :)
  • True Bliss (Navy SEALs, #2)
  • Mistress for a Month
  • Dishonourable Proposal
  • A Scandalous Proposal (Historical)
  • Terms Of Surrender (Silhouette Special Edition)
  • Share No Secrets
  • Doing Good
  • The Kissing Game (Sunrise Key Trilogy, #2)
  • So This Is Christmas (Includes: The Protectors, #19)
  • Secret Admirer
  • Through My Eyes
  • Tender Savage
  • The Million Dollar Catch Bundle
  • Making Over Mr. Right (Goddess #3)
  • The Salvatore Marriage (Foreign Affairs)
  • Mail-Order Bride
  • Lone Star Winter: The Winter Soldier\Cattleman's Pride
  • Married to a Mistress (The Husband Hunters, #1)
Tami Hoag is the #1 internationally bestselling author of more than thirty books published in more than thirty languages worldwide, including her latest thrillers—BITTER SEASON, COLD COLD HEART and THE 9TH GIRL. Renowned for combining thrilling plots with character-driven suspense, Hoag first hit the New York Times Bestseller list with NIGHT SINS, and each of her books since has been a bestseller. ...more
More about Tami Hoag...