Start by marking “Death Squad (The Executioner, #2)” as Want to Read:
Death Squad (The Executioner, #2)

Death Squad (The Executioner #2)

3.72 of 5 stars 3.72  ·  rating details  ·  323 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Wanted: DEAD!

Mack Bolan's in blisteringly hot water. The Mafia's put a $100,000 price on his head. A nationwide police manhunt has been
organized for his capture. And the only people who can help him are nine Vietnam War buddies, all specialists in quick, clean assassination.

The Executioner and his private death squad are on the prowl. And no "Wiseguy" is too high-or too l
Published July 1st 1988 by Pinnacle (first published 1969)

To ask other readers questions about Death Squad, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Death Squad

Mike (the Paladin)
Mack on the run from the "Mafia" with a $1,000,000 (in 1970 dollars) price on his head puts together his own "team" and takes on the LA mob...and sort of ticks off the police.

Before I went in the army back in the early 70s I read several of these books. Being a shooter/gun enthusiast Pendelton's detailed account of the weapons used (something i'm sure drove some people away from the books) I found very interesting. Aside from that the stories were adrenaline charged violent thrill rides and that
Troy
i got hooked on this series back in the 80's I read all the way up to 100 or more then stoped.And now Im starting over. I liked it then and I like it know.A lot of action which I like in books.They tend to keep you on edge and you just don't want to put the book down you just want to what will happen next.
Adam
A lot of people seem to prefer this novel to its predecessor, but I find this unfathomable. While Death Squad was an enjoyable read, it measured up poorly against War Against the Mafia. After the grit and realism of that first novel, its sequel often seems almost cartoonish. The biggest stumbling block to my enjoyment of Death Squad, however, is the speed and ease with which Bolan is able to assemble his squad of fellow Vietnam veterans. Every single ex-serviceman he contacts is eager to join hi ...more
Livius Nedin
This one came off a little messy with all of the tactical lingo, but made up for it with the appearance of Carl Lyons. I huess I never knew he appeared so early in Bolan's career
James T
Needed more Bolan and less of the other guys. Nice to go back though and read the first appearances of what was to become Able Team. All three characters are introduced here for the 1st time. Lyons, "Gadgets" and "Politician".

My first book read on my Kobo.
Bill Jackman
Pendleton is still developing the Executioner character in this, the second in the series. It is also early enough that the suspention of disbelief needed by the stastistical improbability of success is not too extreme. Enjoyable.
Charles
Not really my cup of tea as a series. I imagine others might like it much better. I like some fantasy elements or futuristic SF type elements in my reads.
Logan
As much I liked the first Executioner, I hated this one. Not sure I will read any more the series. Too drawn out and boring. Painful to finish.
Jake
This one really disappointed me. It was the end, the end was awful. The story was fantastic until the last 10 pages. The end really stunk.
Dale Pearl
Not nearly as good as the first one in the series.
Ray
Ray marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2015
CHARLES D.
CHARLES D. marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2015
Russell Court
Russell Court marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2015
Claire
Claire marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2015
Larry Newcomb
Larry Newcomb marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2015
Colleen McGee
Colleen McGee marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2015
Dean_0048
Dean_0048 marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2015
Mike
Mike added it
Jan 31, 2015
Johndonlon
Johndonlon marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2015
Diane
Diane marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2015
Jmar
Jmar added it
Dec 23, 2014
  • San Andreas
  • Created, the Destroyer (The Destroyer, #1)
  • Hypnosis for Beginners: Reach New Levels of Awareness & Achievement
  • The History Buff's Guide to the Presidents: Top Ten Rankings of the Best, Worst, Largest and Most Controversial Facets of the American Presidency
  • The Dracula Caper (Time Wars, #8)
  • Silent Running
  • Memoirs: Ten Years and Twenty Days
  • Exiles To Glory
  • The Bravest Man: Richard O'Kane and the Amazing Submarine Adventures of the USS Tang
  • Readers Digest North American Wildlife
  • Eisenhower
  • Dress Gray
  • Valor in the Ashes (Ashes, #9)
  • Deep Sound Channel (Jeffrey Fuller, #1)
  • Castaways in Time (Castaways in Time, #1)
  • An Honorable German
  • Clear the Bridge!: The War Patrols of the U.S.S. Tang
  • Back to the Future, Part 3
Don Pendleton was born in Little Rock, Arkansas, December 12, 1927 and died October 23, 1995 in Arizona.

He wrote mystery, action/adventure, science-fiction, crime fiction, suspense, short stories, nonfiction, and was a Comic scriptwriter, poet, screenwriter, essayist, and metaphysical scholar. He published more than one hundred twenty-five books in his long career and his books have been published
More about Don Pendleton...

The Executioner (1 - 10 of 40 books)
  • War Against the Mafia (The Executioner, #1)
  • Battle Mask (The Executioner, #3)
  • Miami Massacre (The Executioner, #4)
  • Continental Contract (The Executioner, #5)
  • Assault on Soho (The Executioner, #6)
  • Nightmare in New York (The Executioner, #7)
  • Chicago Wipe-Out (The Executioner, #8)
  • Vegas Vendetta (The Executioner, #9)
  • Caribbean Kill (The Executioner, #10)
  • California Hit (The Executioner, #11)
War Against the Mafia (The Executioner, #1) Miami Massacre (The Executioner, #4) Battle Mask (The Executioner, #3) Continental Contract (The Executioner, #5) Nightmare in New York (The Executioner, #7)