Start by marking “Graceful Waters” as Want to Read:
Graceful Waters

Graceful Waters

Joanna Carey, senior instructor at Sapling Hill wasn't looking for anything more than completing one more year at the facility and getting that much closer to her private dream, a small cabin on a quiet lake. She was tough, smart and she had a plan for her life.

When tough Instructor Carey meets angry and disillusioned Grace Waters, neither is prepared for what comes next
Published September 24th 2003 by BookEnds Press

To ask other readers questions about Graceful Waters, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Graceful Waters

Megzz
fleegan
The first two thirds of this book was really good. It was about a 17 year old troublemaking girl who ends up in a boot camp for girls. She's gay. She grows up and matures and deals with some really wicked abuse. It was well-written. A great story.

The last third of the book wasn't as good. I felt that the relationship between the girl and the instructor was too forced. It was all right for her to have a crush on the lady, but it seemed like the author forced it to be a relationship. Too bad, 'cau
Terry Baker
Aug 01, 2013 Terry Baker rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
After assaulting a teacher, Seventeen year old juvenile delinquent, Grace Waters, is sent to Sapling Hill, a boot camp for out of control teenagers. Grace isn’t at all bothered by the judges sentence, thinking that Sapling Hill will be a breeze. She soon finds out just how wrong she can be.

Joanna Carey, (Carey) is the senior instructor in charge at Sapling Hill. She sees potential in Grace and in turn tries her best to help her. Before Carey can help Grace though, Grace has to help herself. This
Blink51n
The first 2/3rds of this book read like a 4+ star review and then it all changed. The pacing went from 1-100. It was a series of rushed events that felt pretty meh and either awkward or cheesy or both. I was disappointed with Grace's behaviour; she grew so much through the first chunk of the book, but then became a desperate and sometimes bizarre character - that just didn't fit.
I feel like there was a path the authors wanted these characters to follow beyond one novel so they hashed it out and
Julie Garner
Aug 23, 2015 Julie Garner rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have read this book a number of times. It is my all time favourite. This is the book that I was trying to write as a teenage but didn't have the courage to finish - I took the easy way out. Touching book about love and the barriers that we sometimes need to break through. Thank you for giving me my story :)
Barbro-Katrin
Apr 12, 2014 Barbro-Katrin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this! Thought it would be tragic. But there was a slow build up and really good written! This is the first time I've left a review, and this book really deserves it all the starts it gets
Erica
Jul 25, 2015 Erica rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really like long stories that gives you the opportunity to see the character grow, and this book absolutely does it, quite the unexpected love story! Touching.
Gloria
Oct 09, 2010 Gloria rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This Novel is a Must Read by one of my favorite authors!
Kimmino
Kimmino rated it it was amazing
Sep 20, 2016
Kurt
Kurt marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2016
mp
mp added it
Sep 18, 2016
Cass
Cass added it
Aug 23, 2016
Nadege
Nadege marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2016
Cindy Lancaster
Cindy Lancaster rated it it was amazing
Aug 12, 2016
Gail M. Clifton
Gail M. Clifton rated it really liked it
Aug 10, 2016
Tsundoku
Tsundoku rated it really liked it
Aug 10, 2016
Chloe
Chloe marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2016
EchoPapa1
EchoPapa1 rated it liked it
Aug 04, 2016
Anja
Anja marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2016
Cheyenne
Cheyenne rated it it was amazing
Aug 01, 2016
Naomi Timpany
Naomi Timpany rated it really liked it
Jul 28, 2016
Veronica
Veronica rated it liked it
Jul 15, 2016
Helethir
Helethir rated it it was amazing
Jul 06, 2016
Kelly
Kelly marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2016
M
M rated it really liked it
Jun 25, 2016
FM
FM rated it it was amazing
Jun 21, 2016
HolzD7
HolzD7 marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2016
Les Read
Les Read rated it really liked it
Jun 09, 2016
  • Hard Times
  • Rebecca's Cove
  • Love's Melody Lost
  • Skin Deep
  • Gulf Breeze
  • Coffee Sonata
  • Small Packages (Shaken, #3)
  • Silver Collar (Garoul, #4)
  • Second Nature