Forever & Ever (Wyckerley Trilogy #3)

Forever & Ever (Wyckerley Trilogy #3)

3.59 of 5 stars 3.59  ·  rating details  ·  149 ratings  ·  19 reviews
Connor Pendarvis has a bitter past and a driving ambition—exposing the harsh working conditions in Miss Sophie Deene's copper mine is only the beginning.

Sophie Deene is her father's daughter—proud, fiercely independent...and bound by convention. She might hire a handsome, insolent Cornishman to work in the mine, but she wouldn't fall in love with him. Impossible, unthinka...more
Published April 1st 2003 by NAL Trade (first published April 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Forever & Ever, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Forever & Ever

Devil in Winter by Lisa KleypasSecrets of a Summer Night by Lisa KleypasThe Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie by Jennifer AshleyIt Happened One Autumn by Lisa KleypasScandal in Spring by Lisa Kleypas
Victorian Romance (1837 - 1901)
302nd out of 443 books — 114 voters
Wild at Heart by Patricia GaffneyTo Love and to Cherish by Patricia GaffneyTo Have and To Hold by Patricia GaffneyThe Saving Graces by Patricia GaffneyFortune's Lady by Patricia Gaffney
Best of Patricia Gaffney
13th out of 17 books — 2 voters

More lists with this book...

Lord Rose
This book was kind of traumatizing to read. The characters would be blissfully happy, then extremely miserable, then happy, the miserable again, over and over. And so it was very emotional, but by the end I was sort of wondering if the author really had to put them through so much agony, and really quite tired of the constant mood swings.

Here is a graph:

(And there was more, and more gradation, too, but those are the main points of happiness and misery. Also, my time axis is in no way to scale fo...more
Margaret
This turned out to be my least favorite of the three Wyckerley novels, lacking the angst of To Have and To Hold and the sweetness of To Love and to Cherish. The class issues between the hero and heroine never really got resolved, just ignored, and the resolution didn't quite come together for me.
Broadwaydon
Let me start by saying that I am not a fan of books in the romance genre. In fact, I have no idea why this series ended up on my "to read" list. I tried the other two books in this trilogy some time ago and couldn't get through either one. I decided to start this one, but was pretty sure that I wouldn't finish it.

But finish it I did. And, while it certainly won't go down as one of the best things I've ever read, it was good enough to keep me reading.

Sophie Deene runs a copper mine which she in...more
Elisabeth
Jun 16, 2011 Elisabeth rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: romance readers
Recommended to Elisabeth by: Wyckerley Trilogy, I rarely resist a series
Very good. To Have and to Hold is a favourite book of mine and this is the last of the Wyckerley Trilogy - with the following swoon worthy information about Rachel and Sebastian "He seemed always to be touching his wife, her hand or her elbow, the small of her back, and Sophie found being with them exciting and unsettling because of the physical energy that crackled between them" - sigh.

That said, this book was really good and I might go so far to say that I found it better than Christy and Anne...more
Henrietta Higginbottom
Having spent three novels in the quaint village of Wyckerly, I am a bit sad to be done with the trilogy. Such a charming group of people, were those background characters. Secretly, I was a little disappointed that snooty Honoria never had her moment of comeuppance. I've decided that she must have fallen for a dirt-poor merchant, and thus realized that she had been unbearable previously and so spent the rest of her life humbled and madly in love with her poor schlub. ;)

But as to the real story,...more
Gisele
Para todo sempre!
Meninas, eu estou apaixonada pela Patricia Gaffney. Acho que é uma das poucas que consegue sintetizar em um livro várias facetas da complicada personalidade humana de forma real. Eu sei que estou me repetindo porque já disse isso em minha resenha de To Have and To Hold, mas essa é a verdade. Lendo as histórias dela, você consegue ver claramente várias coisas que, se acontecesse com você, provavelmente você agiria da mesma forma que as personagens do livro. E isso é ótimo, porque...more
Judi Lacanlale
Very intelligent romance novel full of wisp of feelings of first love and the idealized version of the version of the one we suppose to love and when that betrayal is exposed, ones being crumbles and the sense of lost of innocence embitters and makes one second-guess if the love you felt was real at all. This is the story of Sophie Dean, a beautiful owner of a mine and a 'radicalist' Connor who is driven to expose miner safety & infractions and make a difference for his ill brother and all o...more
Ruth Ridoflo
Each book that I read of Patricia Gaffney, is different. Each is complex and draws me in. She is a good writer.
Finn
great story. just one warning: its a heck of a tear jerker
Tabs
The radical reformist and the lady mine owner... meet in front of the town church, butt heads repeatedly, and eventually fall in love.

Patricia Gaffney's an amazing writer so it's hard to criticize... but the romance in this one didn't really work for me. Both leads were way too obstinate and immovable and I really didn't get invested in their relationship at all. The writing was great, the romance not so much.
Tabs

Jamie Howerton
I enjoyed this book although it was different from other stories I have read.
Romina
Certainly not up to par with To Have and To Hold, but a pleasant read, even though the ending, true to the book's title, was quite corny.
Michael
Not as good as other two books in the Wyckerley Trilogy, this one was still pretty good. I liked it, but didn't love it
Natalya
Not as good as the first two, perhaps because I didn't care enough for Connor.
Susan Laine
Aug 26, 2009 Susan Laine marked it as to-read
Shelves: have
have
Jackie Simons
Read 1/12
Alishba
Alishba marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2014
Sassá
Sassá marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2014
Lyn
Lyn marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2014
Johana Vera
Johana Vera marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2014
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2014
Shannon
Shannon marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • The Hidden Heart
  • The Surgeon's Lady (Channel Fleet, #2)
  • A Wild Yearning
  • By Arrangement (Medieval, #4)
  • The Warrior's Touch
  • The Seduction (Georgian, #1)
  • My Dearest Enemy
  • September Moon
  • Swept Away
  • The Wives of Bowie Stone
  • When the Splendor Falls
  • An Unlikely Governess
  • Winter Garden (Winter Garden #2)
Patricia Gaffney was born in Tampa, Florida, and grew up in Bethesda, Maryland, a suburb of Washington, D.C. She earned a bachelor’s degree in English and philosophy from Marymount College in Tarrytown, New York, and also studied literature at Royal Holloway College of the University of London, at George Washington University, and at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.

After college, G...more
More about Patricia Gaffney...
The Saving Graces Circle of Three To Have and To Hold (Wyckerley Trilogy, #2) The Goodbye Summer Flight Lessons