Start by marking “The Lion King: A little Golden Book” as Want to Read:
The Lion King: A little Golden Book

The Lion King: A little Golden Book (A Little Golden Book)

4.46  ·  Rating Details ·  22,711 Ratings  ·  78 Reviews
The exciting tale of Simba, a young cub who earns his place in the Circle of Life, is retold in the classic Little Golden Book format. Boys and girls ages 2-5 will roar with excitement as they read this retelling of Disney's The Lion King, being released on Diamond Edition Blu Ray and DVD fall 2011.
Published September 9th 2003 by Golden/Disney (first published January 1st 1994)

To ask other readers questions about The Lion King, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Lion King

Kiki
Jan 07, 2012 Kiki rated it it was amazing
What's the point in writing a review?

It's the LION KING, people. It kicks ass, and that's it.

Note: I saw this at the cinema when it was out in 3-D last year.

Best.

Movie.

Experience.

Ever.

EVAR.

I want to cry just thinking about it. (And yes - I did cry when Mufasa died. I also cried when Scar hit Sarabi, when adult Simba roared on Pride Rock, when the Pride Lands were restored, when Rafiki brought out Simba and Nala's daughter at the end, and at the start when the Circle of Life was playing.)

Stick a
Ahmad Sharabiani
The Lion King: A little Golden Book (A Little Golden Book), Justine Korman Fontes, Don Williams, Walt Disney Company
عنوان: شیر شاه؛
انیمیشنی حماسی و موزیکال محصول سال 1994 شرکت والت دیزنی است. موسیقی این اثر توسط آهنگساز معروف: التون جان، ساخته و شعر آن توسط: تیم رایس، سروده شده، و تنظیم آن توسط: هانس زیمر، انجام شده است. این فیلم برندهٔ جایزهٔ اسکار بهترین موسیقی متن و بهترین ترانهٔ اورجینال شده است. از این اثر دو دنبالهٔ دیگر به نامهای شیرشاه دو: پادشاهی سیمبا؛ و شیرشاه سه: هاکونا ماتاتا، ساخته
Geo MaHa
Love it <3
الكرتون دا ليـه ذكريـات حلوة اوى معايا :))
كنت بحبه اوى ومازلت ^^
بيجي عليـا وقت بيكون نفسى اتفرج علي افلام كرتون الى كنت بشوفها وانا صغيرة وبحس بسعادة غريبة وقتها
حبيت ^^
Lucia Rial
Aug 16, 2012 Lucia Rial rated it it was amazing
Walt Disney's classic story of the The Lion King is set on the continent of Africa.
Prince Simba, son of King Mufasa and Queen Sarabi, is set to be the future Lion King of Pride Rock. However Simba has been stopped in his tracks when his evil uncle, Scar, sets up traps to kill Simba so that he can be crowned King of Pride Lands.

The Lion King is a great cultural book that can be enjoyed by from all ages. It shares the a particular good balance between fact and fiction. This easy read book focuse
Bree
Nov 06, 2013 Bree rated it it was amazing
IT IS THE BEST BOOK EVER AND YOU NEED TO WATCH IT. IITT IISS AAMMAZZIINNGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Raven Tuck
Oct 04, 2009 Raven Tuck rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: all the teenagers so they can read it to there siblings
Recommended to Raven by: Nobody
I LOVE THIS BOOK...this is one of my childhood books That I can carry on generations..If anyone has any younger siblings this is the book to read to them & show the movie. Even though it's a child book I do think that it's a book to remember thoughout your life. The movies brings the visual too.If i was an grade school teacher this would be one of the books I would read to the kids.
Dakota
Jan 17, 2014 Dakota rated it really liked it
This is a story about a young lion cub named Simba. It starts when Simba is born and all the animals come to Pride Rock to see the new prince. After this the book goes into the future when Simba is a bit older. One night Simba’s dad the lion king known as Mufasa takes him to a spot and sits Simba down and tells him that wherever the light touches will be his kingdom some day. Then Simba asks his dad about the dark place and Mufasa told him that he should never go there. So after that Simba goes ...more
Peyton Shuckhart
Sep 24, 2014 Peyton Shuckhart rated it it was amazing
The Lion King, by Justine Fontes and Don Williams, is the classic story of Simba, Mufasa, Scar, Timon and Pumba. Set in the african desert, this is the life of the lions on the pride and who has dominance. There is evil hyenas and Mufasa's brother who is a evil lion who wants to take over the land. I read these books in a series called The Golden Books, which are short and picture book versions of the movie that was released in 1999.

I love the way this book is written because it has humor but i
ندى الحائك
Jan 21, 2013 ندى الحائك rated it it was amazing
Shelves: seen-as-a-movie
i watched it as a movie and it was amazing ^_^
childhood memories ^_^
Annchan Maulana
Sep 24, 2007 Annchan Maulana rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga, musical
I Love Simba .. So Cute !!!!
Kristen
Mar 07, 2017 Kristen rated it liked it
While I appreciate the fact that these Disney Golden Books are thorough in retelling the movie plotlines, they are too long to read aloud comfortably to children. Perhaps they could break up the tales in more than one book.
Ja'Niyahshields
Dec 27, 2016 Ja'Niyahshields rated it it was amazing
I love thee book and the movie sooo mush
Rachel Burke
Mar 28, 2013 Rachel Burke rated it it was amazing
This is a folklore book, as well as a picture book for children. There is no recommended age because there is nothing inappropriate really in the book. The book is about a young lion cub who is framed in the accidental death of his father (king of the lions). The young cub runs away and is raced by a warthog and his friend, meanwhile his uncle takes over the lions and nearly destroys the kingdom. When the lion cub grows up and comes back he fights with his uncle and take his place as the rightfu ...more
Holly M
Nov 24, 2013 Holly M rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
This book is about the young prince of the jungle, Simba, a mischievous lion cub that will one day rule the pride lands. However, his uncle wants to rule, and as second in line to the throne he plots to have Simba believe he killed his father, the king, so that he runs away and the uncle can rule. Once Simba runs away, he encounters two unlikely friends who help him discover what it truly means to be king. Simba needs his friends to help him face the challenge that he also left behind years ago. ...more
Caitlin Labenz
The Lion King is about this pack of lions that live in the Pride Lands. The main character is Simba and his parents are Sirabi and Mufasa. Scar, who is Simba's uncle, wants to be the ruler of the pride lands; so he kills Mufasa and makes Simba afraid to come back home. Simba finds new friends named Timon and Pumba, and he lives most of his life with them. Later he runs into Nala, who is his childhood friend, and she tells him to come back. Simba hears a message from his father and returns home t ...more
Cheyenne Vieira
Dec 06, 2014 Cheyenne Vieira rated it it was amazing
The classic Disney tale of how lion cub Simba loses his father, king Mufasa but against all odds, rises to be the next king. Simba lives with Timon, a meerkat and Pumba, a warthog for most of his life until an old friend informs him of what is happening in him homeland. This classic tale is just as good in a children's book as it is as a motion picture. The illustrations in the book are almost exactly as they are in the movie and the characters, well at least most of them, are just as lovable. T ...more
Isabel K.
Oct 14, 2016 Isabel K. rated it it was amazing
This was a cute little version of the Lion King! I was in the Lion King a few months ago and invited one of the kids I babysit for to come with his mom. He loved the show and ended getting the book. This book is the first one that is almost always chosen first by him and his little sister when we read. Not only do the kids love it, you love it. However the hyena and Scar scenes are a little scary for toddlers so I would recommend this book for preschoolers.
Autumn
Dec 29, 2016 Autumn rated it it was amazing
I am such a fan of little golden books and have tons from when I was a child all ready for my baby who will be here soon. Being a HUGE Disney fan and The Lion King being my favorite movie, I have decked out the nursery in Lion King and jungle themed decor. This book sits proudly on the shelf waiting to be read to my baby. What makes the copy I have extra special are the little notes left to the baby from attendees at my shower.
Julia G
Sep 19, 2013 Julia G rated it it was amazing
Ryan
Jul 03, 2008 Ryan rated it liked it
Shelves: childhood
Mufasa dan Sarabi tengah mempersiapkan pergantian tampuk kepemimpinan Afrika pada si cilik SImba. Namun, makar dibuat oleh Scar dan komplotan Hyena. Kudeta berdarah itu mengakibatkan tewasnya Sang Raja dan memaksa Simba menemukan dirinya yang sejati.

Baca buku sama nonton filmnya waktu masih kecil sampe nangis bo.
Dakotah Sporing
Feb 24, 2015 Dakotah Sporing rated it it was amazing
This book teaches students how to take leadership roles in a fun story involving animals. It could also be used for a science lesson dealing with animals. I chose this book because it is probably a familiar story for students and it shows how to assume leadership and face challenges even if you are scared.
Nurjanni Astiyanti
Oct 09, 2007 Nurjanni Astiyanti rated it liked it
it was first English story book that I borrowed from Ms. Ana, my English teacher.

better to late than never, I think....

this book brought me to get along with English story book in order to exercise my proficiency in English. It is not only fun but also useful.
Esther
May 26, 2011 Esther rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s-book
I always LOVE Lion King Story... ( I & II )...is it ridiculous if i tell you that i once hope there was a real Simba...heheheh......
What a HEARTWARMING tale of love.....!!!!!!!!!
i shoud give the story 10 stars... ( but there's only 5....T__T )
N i always LOVE & Wait for Walt Disney stories....
Erica Mayberry
Feb 18, 2014 Erica Mayberry rated it it was amazing
Shelves: x460
The Lion King teaches how to lead others. Mufasa was killed and Simba had to take on the animal kingdom. Under the leadership of his father, Simba learned how to lead and was then able to conduct the leadership of the kingdom.
Tinky
Apr 18, 2008 Tinky added it
Recommends it for: young children
Recommended to Tinky by: My mother recommended this book to me when I was a youngster.
I really love this book because I already had an understanding of the Lion king from watching the movie. I also seen the play on broad way. It was so exciting. The book was especially fascinating when it was read to me by my mother when I was just a young girl.
Rosa Cline
Nov 06, 2016 Rosa Cline rated it really liked it
Shelves: kids
This copy of The Lion King goes right along with the movie, so for little ones that have memorized the movie this book would be good for them. It's not nearly as long of course, but the story flows nicely written with no blocky places that is missing the story.
Tiffany
Aug 26, 2009 Tiffany marked it as to-read
Shelves: picture-books
I love picture books!
goose
Nov 29, 2010 goose rated it it was amazing
i this book when i was a kid.
Cindy Torres
Oct 25, 2013 Cindy Torres rated it really liked it
books like these just need to keep coming.

with easy to read text and beautiful pictures to go with it you can never go wrong.
Ash
Oct 19, 2016 Ash rated it it was amazing
One of my most favorite movies ever.
Walt Disney 3 16 Jan 02, 2013 08:45AM
  • Sleeping Beauty: a Little Golden Book (Disney Princess)
  • Beauty and the Beast (Disney)
  • The Jungle Book (A Little Golden Book)
  • Finding Nemo
  • Disney's the Lion King
  • Sleeping Beauty (Disney Princess, 5)
  • Peter Pan (A Little Golden Book)
  • Frosty the Snowman (Frosty the Snowman)
  • The Three Little Pigs
  • Winnie The Pooh And The Honey Tree (Little Golden Book)
  • The Three Bears
  • The Three Little Pigs (Disney Classic)
Justine Korman is the author of over 600 children's books, including mega-selling adaptations of Disney hits like THE LION KING, plus her original popular GRUMPY BUNNY series for Scholastic.

Justine has been writing all her life. She worked part-time in publishing while earning her B.A. in English Literature, Phi Beta Kappa from New York University. While an editorial assistant at Golden Books, she
More about Justine Korman Fontes...

A Little Golden Book (1 - 10 of 94 books)
  • 1 2 3 Juggle With Me!: A Counting Book
  • 101 Dalmatians
  • 101 Dalmations: Rainbow Puppies
  • 101 Dalmatians: Snow Puppies
  • 5 Pennies to Spend
  • ABC Around the House: A Little Golden Activity Book
  • ABC Is For Christmas (Little Golden Book)
  • ABC Rhymes (Little Golden Books)
  • About the Seashore