Start by marking “Face of the Maiden” as Want to Read:
Face of the Maiden

Face of the Maiden

3.99 of 5 stars 3.99  ·  rating details  ·  89 ratings  ·  9 reviews

Her arrival stirs something deep and dark. Perhaps even deadly

Celia Fairmont’s new home on the wild coast of Cornwall is a sprawling ancient mansion steeped in history and deep, dark secrets. From the first night her dreams are plagued by images of clandestine meetings with a handsome, reckless lover. The man in her visions looks disturbingly like the oldest son of her

Published (first published August 12th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Face of the Maiden, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Face of the Maiden

Joy (joyous reads)
I didn't think I'd enjoy this book as much as I did. I've never been fond of Regency Romances but this one hit the curiosity spot. With a delicious combination of romance, suspense, murders, adultery, and a creepy ghost story to boot, this book was definitely one of those rare finds.

Upon completion of her education, Celia Fairmont found herself in the mercy of some charitable distant relatives. Moving to Ashbourne was a challenge in itself; because she has to get used to living a much more affl
Erin
It is a more classic gothic romance, complete with ghostly attacks, long-lost lovers, and of course, with all romances, a present day (regency era) hero/heroine.

I loved the ghost story and the way the author moved through this story line. It made me look forward to each new chapter and further development of the ghostly adventure.

As for the hero/heroine, I found their story less developed and the focus more on the secondary characters. I didn’t feel this plot (jealous brother and an almost fianc
Daneesha
Loved this ghostly historical romance! Ill-fated lovers Phillip and Caroline are reliving their tragic history through present day (1800s, i believe) hero Phillip and Celia. Each night, Celia and Phillip dream of what happened to Caroline, a former countess, and her lover, Phillip, her husband's son.

The book climaxes as we wait to find out what happened with Caroline and Phillip. We also learn how her cruel husband Henry felt about the revelation that his wife was sleeping with his son.

Love how
Pamela
REVIEW COURTESY OF FALLEN ANGEL REVIEWS:

After the death of her father, a cousin took Celia and her sister in. She has finally come home from school to a strange new place.The moment she arrives in Ashbourne Hall, she begins having strange, life-like dreams. The house itself seems fairly creepy, so she chalks it up to that. Upon awakening, she rushes off to locate her sister and runs headlong into the man she saw in her eerie dream earlier.

Phillip Leighton is more than surprised at meeting Celia.
Kristal Taylor
I never thought I would really like this book but I loved it. Loved this ghostly historical romance! Ill-fated lovers Phillip and Caroline are reliving their tragic history through present day hero Phillip and Celia. Each night, Celia and Phillip dream of what happened to Caroline, a former countess, and her lover, Phillip, her husband's son.

Vampire-lk
GREAT NOVEL!!!!! Stayed awake until 4am to finish!!!! :) gothic supernatural tegency era romance!!!!! More descriptive then most authentic regency era in the bedroom, but nothing too cheesy! The love & connection is there which grips you from the start! One would love the deep bond & epic passion Phillip & Celia share! The paranormal was not over the top incredibly explained thinking it has every chance of being fact not fantasy!

The only real villain is the ghost of Henry to keep hi
Pinklushhh
I reallllllly liked this book, surprisingly. I read it on a whim when I wanted something a lil different from the usual historical romance and I love the hero and heroine. If you are tired of the blunt, outspoken, annoying heroine, this book is a good difference....the main female is quiet, shy and very pretty.
I'm actually going to be looking for more Emma Wildes books to read now :)
Vesra (When She Reads)
The Face of the Maiden by Emma Wildes (2008)
Melanie♥
Not a fan of "ghostly" characters.
Gina
Gina marked it as to-read
Dec 20, 2014
Gabriela
Gabriela marked it as to-read
Dec 01, 2014
Cristina
Cristina marked it as to-read
Oct 23, 2014
geb
geb added it
Sep 27, 2014
Christina Duncan
Christina Duncan marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2014
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2014
Deb Podhorny
Deb Podhorny marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2014
Jen Crady
Jen Crady marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2014
Holly
Holly marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2014
Ltlmer2
Ltlmer2 marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2014
Vikky
Vikky added it
Jul 03, 2014
Cheira
Cheira marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Emma was born in Minnesota and she lives in the Midwest, though she grew up in Albuquerque, New Mexico. She attended Illinois State University where she majored in geology, and there she met her husband, Chris. They have three children, a temperamental cat named Poot, and are lucky enough to live on a beautiful lake. On warm days, she does enjoy a glass of wine on the dock now and then, and always ...more
More about Emma Wildes...
Lessons From a Scarlet Lady (Northfield, #1) An Indecent Proposition My Lord Scandal (Notorious Bachelors, #1) One Whisper Away (Ladies in Waiting, #1) His Sinful Secret (Notorious Bachelors, #3)