Start by marking “Face of the Maiden” as Want to Read:
Face of the Maiden

Face of the Maiden

3.90  ·  Rating Details  ·  103 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews

Her arrival stirs something deep and dark. Perhaps even deadly

Celia Fairmont’s new home on the wild coast of Cornwall is a sprawling ancient mansion steeped in history and deep, dark secrets. From the first night her dreams are plagued by images of clandestine meetings with a handsome, reckless lover. The man in her visions looks disturbingly like the oldest son of her

Published (first published August 12th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Face of the Maiden, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Face of the Maiden

Joy (joyous reads)
Dec 22, 2011 Joy (joyous reads) rated it really liked it
Shelves: in-my-kindle
I didn't think I'd enjoy this book as much as I did. I've never been fond of Regency Romances but this one hit the curiosity spot. With a delicious combination of romance, suspense, murders, adultery, and a creepy ghost story to boot, this book was definitely one of those rare finds.

Upon completion of her education, Celia Fairmont found herself in the mercy of some charitable distant relatives. Moving to Ashbourne was a challenge in itself; because she has to get used to living a much more affl
Erin
Feb 13, 2012 Erin rated it really liked it
It is a more classic gothic romance, complete with ghostly attacks, long-lost lovers, and of course, with all romances, a present day (regency era) hero/heroine.

I loved the ghost story and the way the author moved through this story line. It made me look forward to each new chapter and further development of the ghostly adventure.

As for the hero/heroine, I found their story less developed and the focus more on the secondary characters. I didn’t feel this plot (jealous brother and an almost fianc
Daneesha
Oct 11, 2012 Daneesha rated it it was amazing
Loved this ghostly historical romance! Ill-fated lovers Phillip and Caroline are reliving their tragic history through present day (1800s, i believe) hero Phillip and Celia. Each night, Celia and Phillip dream of what happened to Caroline, a former countess, and her lover, Phillip, her husband's son.

The book climaxes as we wait to find out what happened with Caroline and Phillip. We also learn how her cruel husband Henry felt about the revelation that his wife was sleeping with his son.

Love how
Pamela
Jul 02, 2011 Pamela rated it really liked it
REVIEW COURTESY OF FALLEN ANGEL REVIEWS:

After the death of her father, a cousin took Celia and her sister in. She has finally come home from school to a strange new place.The moment she arrives in Ashbourne Hall, she begins having strange, life-like dreams. The house itself seems fairly creepy, so she chalks it up to that. Upon awakening, she rushes off to locate her sister and runs headlong into the man she saw in her eerie dream earlier.

Phillip Leighton is more than surprised at meeting Celia.
Kristal Taylor
Aug 15, 2014 Kristal Taylor rated it it was amazing
I never thought I would really like this book but I loved it. Loved this ghostly historical romance! Ill-fated lovers Phillip and Caroline are reliving their tragic history through present day hero Phillip and Celia. Each night, Celia and Phillip dream of what happened to Caroline, a former countess, and her lover, Phillip, her husband's son.

Vampire-lk
GREAT NOVEL!!!!! Stayed awake until 4am to finish!!!! :) gothic supernatural tegency era romance!!!!! More descriptive then most authentic regency era in the bedroom, but nothing too cheesy! The love & connection is there which grips you from the start! One would love the deep bond & epic passion Phillip & Celia share! The paranormal was not over the top incredibly explained thinking it has every chance of being fact not fantasy!

The only real villain is the ghost of Henry to keep hi
Wild Rose
Mar 20, 2015 Wild Rose rated it really liked it
Though I am one of those rational,logical,scientific-explanation kind of person - I enjoyed this romance with a GHOST as the usual villain in a romance :) .The story,writing style and plot kept me on edge till the finish.
Pinklushhh
May 06, 2011 Pinklushhh rated it it was amazing
I reallllllly liked this book, surprisingly. I read it on a whim when I wanted something a lil different from the usual historical romance and I love the hero and heroine. If you are tired of the blunt, outspoken, annoying heroine, this book is a good difference....the main female is quiet, shy and very pretty.
I'm actually going to be looking for more Emma Wildes books to read now :)
Vesra (When She Reads)
The Face of the Maiden by Emma Wildes (2008)
Melanie♥
Mar 06, 2010 Melanie♥ rated it liked it
Shelves: e-book, wildes-emma
Not a fan of "ghostly" characters.
Nathalie Michaud
Nathalie Michaud marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2016
H L Rooney
H L Rooney rated it did not like it
Dec 18, 2015
Livy
Livy marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2015
Carey
Carey marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2015
Wendy  Wilson
Wendy Wilson marked it as to-read
Nov 10, 2015
Patty McKenna Van Hulle
Patty McKenna Van Hulle marked it as to-read
Oct 08, 2015
Janice
Janice marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2015
Kathy B
Kathy B rated it really liked it
Sep 13, 2015
Annette
Annette rated it really liked it
Aug 22, 2015
Victoria
Victoria rated it liked it
Aug 10, 2015
Kylie Smith
Kylie Smith marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2015
Christina Browne
Christina Browne marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2015
Lystell
Lystell marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2015
furuutsu
furuutsu rated it it was amazing
Jul 21, 2015
Debbie
Debbie marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2015
Lucybee
Lucybee rated it did not like it
May 28, 2015
Carol
Carol rated it really liked it
May 27, 2015
Ebby
Ebby marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2015
Anne
Anne marked it as to-read
May 18, 2015
Hafiza
Hafiza rated it liked it
May 03, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • The Impostor (Liar's Club, #2)
  • The Unwanted Heiress (The Archer Family #1)
  • Strength of the Wolf (Northern Shifters, #2)
  • Perils of the Heart
  • Smuggler's Lady
  • A Breach of Promise
  • The Spy Wore Silk
  • Bluestocking Bride
  • Islands
  • His Mistress By Morning (Marlow, #1)
  • Trust in the Lawe (Colorado Trust #3)
  • Dante's Inferno
  • Dulce et Decorum Est
  • Indiscreet
  • Henry and Jim
  • Rake with a Frozen Heart
  • Hold the Dark (Markhat, #3)
  • The Unflappable Miss Fairchild (Rogues and Rakes, #1)
Emma was born in Minnesota and she lives in the Midwest, though she grew up in Albuquerque, New Mexico. She attended Illinois State University where she majored in geology, and there she met her husband, Chris. They have three children, a temperamental cat named Poot, and are lucky enough to live on a beautiful lake. On warm days, she does enjoy a glass of wine on the dock now and then, and always ...more
More about Emma Wildes...