Start by marking “Lonely Planet Ecuador & the Galapagos Islands” as Want to Read:
Lonely Planet Ecuador & the Galapagos Islands

Lonely Planet Ecuador & the Galapagos Islands (Lonely Planet Country Guide)

Nobody knows Ecuador and the Galapagos Islands like Lonely Planet. Our 8th edition gives you the tools you need to create your own adventure, whether you want to browse colorful handicrafts at Otavalo's Saturday market, climb active Volcan Cotopaxi, swim with the Galapagos penguins or relax in chilled-out Vilcabamba.

Lonely Planet guides are written by experts who get to th
Paperback, 8th Edition, 432 pages
Published August 1st 2009 by Lonely Planet

To ask other readers questions about Lonely Planet Ecuador & the Galapagos Islands, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lonely Planet Ecuador & the Galapagos Islands

Verity
Feb 16, 2010 Verity rated it it was ok
Pretty disappointing. Lonely Planets seem to be getting thinner and thinner these days, coverage is scanter, details are missing, and the writing is... well, let's just say frothy. And their latest Ecuador is no exception. Each edition gets slimmer -- I'm wondering if it's picked up some debilitating equatorial parasite which eats away at its facts! So where to turn instead? Footprints ain't bad, but for my money I'd go for the Rough Guide; it's about 130 pages longer and about 130 million times ...more
Joseph Buro
Sep 20, 2014 Joseph Buro rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I like how these books are set up. Easy to find what you're looking for and maps you can rip out and shove into your pocket when you're wandering around some strange town. They also include some entertaining bits if you happen to be on a bus in between here and there to "get you in the mood" so-to-speak. I particularly enjoyed the bit about shrunken heads in this one. I always recommend Lonely Planet above all other travel guides and this is no exception. Worthwhile, even for travelers who think ...more
Kim Lanza
Jan 09, 2014 Kim Lanza rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: travel
As always, Lonely Planet provided enough information to help me think through potential travel plans.

As enticing as the Galapagos Islands are, the cost is just too steep to explore on my own. The information and extensive list of tour operators the authors provided helped me make a honest assessment of the trip's expenses. I will get there eventually...just not this summer.

The research was not futile though. I plan on exploring Quito, Otavalo, and hiking the Quilotoa Loop in August.
Grumpylibrarian
Jun 23, 2011 Grumpylibrarian rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction, travel, 2011
My interest is now VERY HIGH for Ecuador, but unfortunately the Galapagos portion of the trip is the most intriguing and also way out of our budget ($2400 to get from Quito including hotel and an 8 day tour - plus tax, plus airfare). I'll save this one for when we have a bigger travel budget.
Melissa
May 11, 2012 Melissa rated it liked it
[2010.08.31] Used 2009 8th edition to plan the Ecuador portion (approx 1 week) of our Fall 2010 South America trip. Mainly used: Quito, Otavalo. Information decent. Animal market placed incorrectly in Otavalo map.
Bcoghill Coghill
Sep 17, 2015 Bcoghill Coghill rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: essays
Lonely Planet are just about the best. Of course, I don't need or want to know everything in this book. We ordered the most current edition to take with us after buying two earlier editions.
Gary Ganong
May 11, 2011 Gary Ganong rated it liked it
This is a good guide book for Ecuador, but not my favorite.
Cherie
Jan 23, 2014 Cherie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
I think this is my next trip. YES!
Cathy
Cathy marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2016
Lynda Meeks
Lynda Meeks marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2016
Teresa Hardy
Teresa Hardy marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2016
John Guillote
John Guillote rated it really liked it
Jun 26, 2016
Karina
Karina marked it as to-read
May 21, 2016
Jyoti Bakshi
Jyoti Bakshi marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2016
Bethany Scott
Bethany Scott marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2016
Tracey
Tracey added it
Apr 05, 2016
Eliza Darling
Eliza Darling rated it it was amazing
Mar 31, 2016
Marko Mehner
Marko Mehner marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2016
Steven Verbeiren
Steven Verbeiren rated it liked it
Sep 05, 2016
Cam
Cam rated it really liked it
Aug 02, 2016
Theodore R. Bell
Theodore R. Bell rated it really liked it
Jan 02, 2016
Steven Chang
Steven Chang marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2015
Sally Moon
Sally Moon rated it it was amazing
Dec 08, 2015
Ken
Ken added it
Mar 07, 2016
Caroline Novak
Caroline Novak rated it really liked it
Oct 12, 2015
Ali Newman
Ali Newman rated it really liked it
Oct 02, 2015
Kristi
Kristi rated it it was amazing
Sep 22, 2015
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it liked it
Sep 21, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

Lonely Planet Country Guide (1 - 10 of 267 books)
  • Afghanistan
  • Algeria (Lonely Planet Guide)
  • Argentina (Lonely Planet Country Guide)
  • Argentina y Uruguay
  • Australia
  • Australia (Lonely Planet Country Guide)
  • Australia (Lonely Planet Guide)
  • Australia
  • Australie (Lonely Planet)
  • Austria (Lonely Planet Guide)