Start by marking “Murder Can Run Your Stockings (Desiree Shapiro Mystery, #13)” as Want to Read:
Murder Can Run Your Stockings (Desiree Shapiro Mystery, #13)

Murder Can Run Your Stockings (Desiree Shapiro Mystery #13)

Wisecracking New York detective Desiree Shapiro always offers queen-sized entertainment. This time, a client wants her to nab his old aunt's killer. But things get sticky as the suspects keep multiplying-and Dez's tepid relationship with her hot neighbor Nick starts to simmer.
Published February 7th 2006 by Signet

To ask other readers questions about Murder Can Run Your Stockings, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Murder Can Run Your Stockings

Ellen
Sep 14, 2012 Ellen rated it really liked it
Addicted to this series and loving it!, September 14, 2012
By Ellen Rappaport (Florida)
This review is from: Murder Can Run Your Stockings (Desiree Shapiro Mystery #13) (Mass Market Paperback)
On a flight back from a wedding in Minneapolis Desiree finds herself seated next to Ben Berlin, an attorney, on his way to his Aunt Bessie's funeral in New York. During their conversations Ben reveals his sorrow over the loss of his Aunt who apparently died after a fall down her basement stairs. Ben state
Dharia Scarab
May 19, 2016 Dharia Scarab rated it liked it

4 sta
VJ
I've read this book before...and barely remembered who did it, let alone how or why. It took me a few days to get through this book. I guess I just didn't really believe the main character as a licensed PI. The sharp amateur sleuths in most cozy mysteries are smarter and quicker and infinitely more interesting.

The only thing this PI has going for her is that she doesn't idiotically put herself in harm's way without packing heat.

I guess I just found the character too flat to waste any time readi
Kim j
May 12, 2012 Kim j rated it really liked it
Shelves: eichler
I have read most of the books in the series and this one was not one of her best. I agree with the others that the ending was flat. It just ended. It seemed like she spent to much time on characters that are well known,.even if read as a stand alone, to much background and not enough story. I only have 3left to read and I hope they are better because I love Dez. Before this book I would say, sorry you are not writing anymore but maybe Dez needs to retire.

Bye Dez, loved you when you were good &a
Bumbershootbears
Nov 25, 2012 Bumbershootbears rated it did not like it
Nice enough story with a pleasant main character. The ending left me very irritated. Everything was wrapped up abruptly in the last few pages and a number of questions were left unanswered. I even checked to see if pages were missing.... I bought this book used for a dime - and feel I about got my money's worth. Also - never did figure out how the title related in any way to the story - but I'm nitpicking now because I didn't like the end.
Linda
Jul 21, 2011 Linda rated it liked it
Shelves: challenge
It's been a while since I've read one of these and while I liked the story I found some things really annoying with the characters. I still plan to read the last two entries in the series but this one didn't seem as good as other entries in the series.
Margaret
Jul 29, 2011 Margaret added it
Shelves: 2010
Enjoyable - my second read in this series. I thought the ending of this one was rather flat. I like the character of Desiree a lot though - she has the right mix of intelligence and humor and a little self-doubt which keeps her humble.
Eileen
Jan 27, 2012 Eileen rated it liked it
This was an okay read... I finished it, so it kept me interested, but the ending fell way flat. I'm not running out to find the next book, if there is a next book.
Mary Newcomb
Desiree Shapiro is triumphant! She manages to solve the seemingly accidental death of her airplane seatmate's Aunt Bessie and turns a corner (with Nick!) in her personal life.

Glennie
Glennie rated it really liked it
Oct 24, 2015
Sharon
Sharon rated it really liked it
Aug 29, 2015
Deb
Deb rated it liked it
Sep 27, 2014
Denisec
Denisec rated it liked it
Oct 12, 2012
Mary Elliott
Mary Elliott rated it it was ok
Jun 05, 2012
Sherri
Sherri rated it it was amazing
Nov 02, 2012
Sage
Sage rated it it was amazing
May 14, 2010
Emily Mims
Emily Mims rated it it was amazing
May 27, 2014
Angie
Angie rated it really liked it
Nov 10, 2014
Jan
Jan rated it really liked it
Aug 20, 2009
Ann
Ann rated it liked it
May 25, 2011
Amy Friedman
Amy Friedman rated it it was amazing
Aug 23, 2016
Beth
Beth rated it liked it
Jan 28, 2014
Desi
Desi rated it really liked it
Jun 29, 2012
Heather Snider
Heather Snider rated it it was ok
Aug 08, 2014
Rosanne
Rosanne rated it it was amazing
Jun 08, 2014
Janie
Janie rated it it was amazing
Jan 15, 2009
Darlene Ferland
Darlene Ferland rated it really liked it
Feb 26, 2010
Tamara
Tamara rated it it was amazing
Jan 20, 2011
Tami
Tami rated it really liked it
Aug 11, 2014
Sharon
Sharon rated it really liked it
Jan 28, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Biggie and the Mangled Mortician (Biggie Weatherford, #2)
  • A Dinner to Die For (Hemlock Falls Mysteries, #13)
  • Mum's the Word (Ellie Haskell Mystery, #3)
  • Too Many Cooks (Angie Amalfi, #2)
  • Catalogue of Death (Miss Zukas, #10)
  • Set Sail for Murder (Henrie O, #7)
  • murder@maggody.com (Arly Hanks, #12)
  • Scots on the Rocks (Bed-and-Breakfast Mysteries, #23)
  • A Knife to Remember (Jane Jeffry, #5)
  • Truffled Feathers (A  Carolyn Blue Culinary Mystery, #2)
  • A Blush With Death (A Bath and Body Mystery, #2)
  • Fat Free and Fatal (Savannah Reid, #12)
Selma Eichler is a freelance writer who lives in New York with her husband. She is the creator of 'Desiree Shapiro', private eye in New York City.

Series:
* Desiree Shapiro Mystery
More about Selma Eichler...

Desiree Shapiro Mystery (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • Murder Can Kill Your Social Life (Desiree Shapiro, #1)
  • Murder Can Ruin Your Looks (Desiree Shapiro Mystery, #2)
  • Murder Can Stunt Your Growth (Desiree Shapiro Mystery, #3)
  • Murder Can Wreck Your Reunion (Desiree Shapiro Mystery, #4)
  • Murder Can Spook Your Cat (Desiree Shapiro Mystery, #5)
  • Murder Can Singe Your Old Flame (Desiree Shapiro Mystery, #6)
  • Murder Can Spoil Your Appetite (Desiree Shapiro Mystery, #7)
  • Murder Can Upset Your Mother (Desiree Shapiro Mystery, #8)
  • Murder Can Cool Off Your Affair (Desiree Shapiro Mystery, #9)
  • Murder Can Rain on Your Shower (Desiree Shapiro Mystery, #10)