Start by marking “Dance in the Vampire Bund, Vol. 3 (Dance in the Vampire Bund, #3)” as Want to Read:
Dance in the Vampire Bund, Vol. 3 (Dance in the Vampire Bund, #3)

Dance in the Vampire Bund, Vol. 3 (Dance in the Vampire Bund #3)

4.27 of 5 stars 4.27  ·  rating details  ·  309 ratings  ·  20 reviews
After millennia in hiding, Mina Tepes, the princess of the ancient covenant and ruler of all vampires, wants change. Using the vast wealth of the Tepes line, she has paid off the entire gross national debt of Japan and in so doing, gained the authority to create a "special district" off the coast of Japan that is to become the future haven for vampires from all over the wo ...more
Published November 25th 2008 by Seven Seas

To ask other readers questions about Dance in the Vampire Bund, Vol. 3, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dance in the Vampire Bund, Vol. 3

Noran Miss Pumkin
I fight myself to read this manga series. I adore the drawing style, the characters, and the convoluted plor the Mnaga to declare itself the most unique Vampire manga out there, I would have to call Bullshit on that!!! "Chibi Vampire", is the most unique vampire concept manga out on the market today. Bund--they are the usual drink human blood and convert the suckers into new terrors of the night. Chibi deals with the idea that certain vamps are attracted to certain humans, and they do not humans ...more
Ian
As usual before any real review I am going to warn anyone considering this series that it contains sexually suggestive artwork and partial nudity so if that bothers you I would suggest avoiding it.

Another thing that bothers me is another relation between a teenager and child has developed as Nanami,who turned vampire in book 2, seeks out a youth that she cared for when she was alive and finds herself kissing him(I am hopeful it is her newly vampiric nature has perverted her sisterly affections i
Shazza Maddog
Mina and Akira are back, with help from Akira's friend, Yuki, who still has a crush on Akira, though is working through the fact she'll never have him.

Since the last issue, Nanimi, the student counsel president, has been made into a vampire, and subverted by another vampire, who has it in for Mina. The problem is Nanimi also adores the neighbor boy, who refers to her as big sister, and she finds herself inextricably attracted to him. Add to this a pack of werewolves who are specially chosen for
Nick
Still creepy, but this story was surprisingly deep in terms of coming up with moral conflicts during a battle between vampiric factions. For instance, is a relationship that might be considered unaccaptable, like between a 10-year-old and a 15-year-old, still going to be weird in a hundred years, when they're 115 and 110?
Also, what about a child so alienated from his own family that being a vampire is an improvement on life at home? Do you help him to become a vampire?
Still way too much fan ser
Dennis Yang
TWO WORDS

LOVED IT!
Gina
The way the story is told is a little strange. I never thought I would see a teenager actually date a child, 15-10? That's just strange and he is drawn to look small. The girl is all vulputous and I won't lie those things make slightly uncomfortable. With the nudity as well... A lot fan service I feel like.

The story is definitely getting more interesting though. I still love the drawings, and how intense some parts can really be. My suggestion? If you want to read a cool vampire story, just pic
CJ - let me hold both your hands in the holes of my sweater
Lots of T and A sort of took away from the art but the story line was almost too real in terms of the terrorist action.
Sara
Dylan Murphy
This volume of Dance was a bit better than the last two for me. The scale and actions of the antagonist was a lot more believable, and really interesting to watch play out.
Though what really set this one apart from the past two for me was the coverage the student council president and Vera got! Vera got a little bit of back story, which was awesome! And I loved the pedophile romance of the stuco pres!
It was a fun read for sure, far from perfect, but very fun!
Jon
I'm almost as sick of vampires as I am of zombies. Fortunately this series eschews the usual trappings in favor of political drama. The first three volumes weren't enough sell me--it feels like it's already started to stagnate a bit--but I'm at least interested. Mina seems a bit inconsistently written: heartless despot or vamp with a heart of gold? This might be intentional; maybe a centuries-old creature shouldn't be too easy to understand.
Danielle
Although I'm still interested in the story line (or, what's left of it), I don't think I'll be finishing this series. The story line seems less important as the series continues. The images are too sexual for my taste, and risque sexual interests and fights seem to be all that this story is covering now. It's a shame, because the story idea seemed unique enough to be interesting.
Cat
Apr 11, 2012 Cat rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: manga
I'm getting tired of the huge breasts and butts, and does no one wear real underwear these days? But at least there was some real action and emotional growth. We also got a glimpse of Akira's skin, so that was nice. My one real complaint is how much the adult Mina's battle form resembles the armor from Witchblade. Since I liked Witchblade a lot it, it irks me.
Robin Conley
I like how the story continues to get complicated and yet answers are still given. There just always seem to be new problems, which is good because it keeps your attention. I am still hesitant with this manga but at the same time I know I'm doomed and have to keep reading.
Chris L
Ok so this was the best volume so far, though it still is creepy in terms of vampires and kid relationships. Author seemed to find their style and the story was good.
Trip
More vampire politics, undead armies, interesting applications of technology, and doom. Also, special for this volume, shota-con.
Cherrell
All I can say is that Akira is more protective of the princess and I enjoyed the battles that they have in this volume.
Morbus Iff
I never thought I'd really like a vampire book, but I'm liking the queen getting some frailty.
Zane
Not as good as Vol. 1 and 2. Hoping Vol. 4 makes up for it.
Doremili
Muy emocionante, pero un poco triste.
ShadeKristen
ShadeKristen marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2014
Lizzy
Lizzy added it
Dec 06, 2014
  • Spice & Wolf, Vol. 2 (Spice & Wolf: Manga, #2)
  • Trinity Blood, Vol. 4
  • Blood+, Vol. 04 (Blood+, #4)
  • The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Vol. 2 (The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, #2)
  • Kashimashi Vol 1
  • Highschool of the Dead, Band 2
  • Zombie-Loan, Vol. 6
  • Cross Game 2 (Cross Game, #4-5)
  • K-ON!, Vol. 3
  • Pet Shop of Horrors: Tokyo, Volume 5
Name (in native language): 環望 ...more
More about Nozomu Tamaki...
Dance In The Vampire Bund, Vol. 1 (Dance in the Vampire Bund, #1) Dance in the Vampire Bund, Vol. 2 (Dance in the Vampire Bund, #2) Dance in the Vampire Bund, Vol. 4 (Dance in the Vampire Bund, #4) Dance in the Vampire Bund Vol 5 Dance in the Vampire Bund Vol 6