Start by marking “Sherlock Holmes : Wisteria house” as Want to Read:

1. Hilangnya Lady Frances Arfax
2. Tiga Orang yang Bernama Garridebs
3. Wisteria House
Kindle Edition
Published (first published 1908)

To ask other readers questions about Sherlock Holmes , please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sherlock Holmes

Muhajjah Saratini
Buku ini berisi tiga cerita.
1. Karamnya Kapal Gloria Scott
Awal membaca cerita ini kok rasanya belum pernah saya baca sebelumnya? Padahal saya sudah membaca semua buku sherlock terbitan Gramedia. Tapi setelah selesai, saya jadi ingat lagi... *apalah.. --..--

2. Misteri di Wisma Wisteria
Kalau cerita ini saya ingat. Karena petualanggan John Scott Eccles itu memang janggal. Dan berhasil membuat saya penasaran..

3. Silver Blaze
Aih, ini favorit. Saya masih ingat dan terharu setelah tahu kenyataannya...

T...more
Abi_88
The only reason I didn't rate it five stars is because I did not like some of the themes presented in this story. Some of the description used for the mulatto servant seemed very racist but I also understand that the author belonged to a different era. However, the story was still as interesting as any other of Doyle's stories.
Lisa Ahronian
My first experience with Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. I was not accustomed to his writing style, which meant I had to re-read certain passages to fully get their meaning, but over all an enjoyable short story.
Alvina

Buku ini berisikan tiga cerita pendek tentang kasus-kasus Sherlock Holmes, di cerita pertama ada ‘Hilangnya Lady Frances Arfax’, yang mengisahkan hilangnya seorang wanita berusia 40an yang gemar melakukan petualangan di seluruh dunia dari hotel satu ke hotel yang lain. Lady Frances setiap dua minggu sekali mengirimkan surat kepada pengasuhnya di Inggris, tetapi sudah lima minggu terakhir tidak ada surat yang datang darinya. Nn. Dobney, pengasuh Sang Lady, sangat khawatir akan keselamatan wanita...more
Abbey
Not my favourite Sherlock Holmes adventure by a while, but still a good read. I always feel that Holmes is not particularly likable, though also not easy to dislike - he just is. This is one of the books where that comes across for me, although of course Watson is his likeable self. A nice short mystery with a satisfactory ending, the Inspector was great too!
Traci Brown
Classic

Classic and timeless. May Mr. Holmes live forever in our hearts as the greatest detective and friend of all time.
JayeL
Collin A.
Aside from the occasional racially-tinged passage, The Adventure of Wisteria Lodge is easily one if the best Holmes stories above read. What truly establishes this story as a testament to Doyle's writing is the amount of characterization and story pacing that compose this story. The plot flowed a a fantastic pace with plenty of developments to spice things up while the many characters involved in the affair all bristled with individuality and played a role in the story. A fantastic read!
Somdutta
Mar 18, 2011 Somdutta rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Arthur Conan Doyle fans
Shelves: readprint-com
Another of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's marvelous mystery stories.At the outset , the plot seemed to be quite complex but as it unraveled through Holmes's intelligent scheme of deduction by gaining evidence, things fell into place. A fresh thing which I found in this story was , a character who did in a way match up to the ways to deduction and reasoning to solve a crime like Holmes.The character was Inspector Baynes. He seems to have quite a bright future in his field.
Skye Gwynn
Apr 04, 2012 Skye Gwynn rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Crime Lovers
What can I possibly say about Sir Arthur Conan Doyle and his incredibly famous creation, Sherlock Holmes? I don’t know what I was thinking by not reading any of these novels and short stories for the first twenty-four-years of my life, but I have now (at least somewhat) amended this grievous error.

To read the rest of my review, please visit my book blog:

Kristine
Some parts are kinda confusing especially the ending so I had to reread it again to fully comprehend it.

The story has everything from a possible affair to voodoo and it is a very gripping tale, even though it is somewhat shorter than I usually bother reading.

Moreover, Holmes has an intriguing competition here from an inspector. Overall it is worth reading especially if you are into Sherlock Holmes.
Michelle
A quick read, and a good one. Some racist references to skip past, mar an otherwise delightfully twisting, turning story.
Gustavo Volmar Gil
Not as thrilling as other sherlock Holmes, sometimes I felt a bit bored with the development of the whole situation, there are a few surprises and still a very well written novel. Just did not find it as interesting as other novels by the author. but still a great read.
Lori Henrich
I love Sherlock Holmes and this was a quick read.

Holmes receives a telegram from someone seeking his help. The man shows up at his home and as Watson would say "The game was a foot".
Justaskibum
While I have access am reading all that I can of Arthur Conan Doyle, I was surprised to find some books I had not read, thanks to Project Gutenberg am reading more of his words.
Niklas Pivic
Despite being very racist and anti-feministic here, it's an interesting tale, well-written but in my eyes quite dull considering the rest of the Canon.
Aviva
Apparently I don't like Sherlock HOlmes as much as I once did. But still a nice break from more serious classics I've got going.
Lidya Amalia
Triknya agak bisa ditebak untuk cerita yang pertama, tapi cerita yang ketiga lumayan bikin penasaran. So far so good.
Jeanette Johnson
This would make a good movie. There's enough sub plot to be fleshed out. Good visuals...
Mjsmout
This was a quick read and a typical Sherlock Holmes story. I enjoyed it.
Ashleigh
I liked Inspector Baynes! I hope he's back at some point.
torque
They seem to get less and less exciting the more I read.
Roshni
One of The Holmes short stories, a quick read
Larissa
Just another good Sherlock Story!
Kenny
Mar 30, 2012 Kenny is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Started 03/30/2012
David Jacob
David Jacob marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2014
  • Sherlock Holmes Short Stories
  • Selama Kita Tersesat di Luar Angkasa: Kumpulan Cerita Absurd
  • The Private Life Of Sherlock Holmes
  • Love in Plain Sight (Senses and Sensations, #2)
  • Death from the Woods
  • Steampunk Holmes: Legacy of the Nautilus
  • Fairy Tales from the Arabian Nights
  • Flyboy Action Figure Comes with Gas Mask
  • Gaslight Arcanum: Uncanny Tales of Sherlock Holmes
  • Snapdragon Alley
  • JJS: Jalan-Jalan Seram! (Lupus Kecil, #3)
  • Sherlock Holmes And The Hentzau Affair (Tales Of Mystery & The Supernatural)
  • My Sister's Keeper
  • Out of Time's Abyss (Caspak, #3)
  • Extract from Captain Stormfield's Visit to Heaven (Literary Classics)
  • Sherlock Holmes: Misteri Yang Tak Terpecahkan (A Slight Trick of the Mind)
  • Sherlock Holmes: The Unauthorized Biography
  • Manxmouse
Arthur Conan Doyle was born the third of ten siblings on 22 May 1859 in Edinburgh, Scotland. His father, Charles Altamont Doyle, was born in England of Irish descent, and his mother, born Mary Foley, was Irish. They were married in 1855.

Although he is now referred to as "Conan Doyle", the origin of this compound surname (if that is how he meant it to be understood) is uncertain. His baptism record...more
More about Arthur Conan Doyle...
A Study in Scarlet  (Sherlock Holmes, #1) The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes (Sherlock Holmes, #3) The Hound of the Baskervilles (Sherlock Holmes, #5) The Complete Sherlock Holmes The Complete Sherlock Holmes, Volume II