Start by marking “Southern Storm (Cape Refuge, #2)” as Want to Read:
Southern Storm (Cape Refuge, #2)

Southern Storm (Cape Refuge #2)

4.22 of 5 stars 4.22  ·  rating details  ·  3,942 ratings  ·  114 reviews
Sequel to the #1 best-selling Cape Refuge First a dead stranger. Now a missing Police Chief. Did Chief Cade run off to elope . . . or has he met with foul play? The body in the morgue had no ID. No one knew who he was or where he came from when he walked out in front of Cade s car. And when Cade learns he had a gunshot wound before he was struck, finding his identity becom ...more
Published April 27th 2003 by Zondervan Publishing Company (first published January 1st 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Southern Storm, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Southern Storm

Redeeming Love by Francine RiversMark of the Lion Trilogy by Francine RiversLeaper by Geoffrey  WoodThe Master's Plan by Stephany TullisThe God Cookie by Geoffrey  Wood
Christian Fiction Favorites
173rd out of 402 books — 318 voters
The Negotiator by Dee HendersonThe Guardian by Dee HendersonDanger in the Shadows by Dee HendersonThe Truth Seeker by Dee HendersonThe Healer by Dee Henderson
Favourite Christian Suspense Books
40th out of 80 books — 35 voters

More lists with this book...

Anya
I always like Terri Blackstock as a writer, though this series is not among my most favorites. Blair and Morgan are sort of annoying. Two things about this particular book.

First, my only criticism is that the end was a bit over the top. I thought it could have been done a bit more realistically. Cade's reactions seemed a bit ridiculous. I will note that the writer's characters do tend to charge in without thought at times and I see that is her mo for driving the plot and creating drama. At time
Gina Hott
They think Cade ran away and got married without telling anyone?
Why on earth would people believe something like that? Well, yeas, there was a letter from Cade saying that he ran away to marry some girl he never had introduced anyone to. Who would believe that? All of the cops. The FBI. Just not Blair so she sets off to find out who that woman was that he was last seen with.

Then Karen, one of the residents of Hanover House, hands her baby to a nurse in the hospital. Only it wasn't really a nurs
Stephen
Cade, resident police chief of Cape Refuge, is on patrol during a roaring storm when he gets a call about some fallen power lines. Obviously it is his job as a police chief to take care of this (?) and naturally it is necessary to throws his lights and sirens on and speed there as quickly as possible. (?) As he navigates the uncoorporating traffic that just won't get out of his way for this urgent business, he accidentally hits a pedestrian. To make matters worse, the pedestrian has a bullet hol ...more
Danica Page (One Page at a Time)
I like Blackstock's style. I really like books by Henderson, Blackstock, Peterson, and other authors who blend an intriguing tale while including a Christian element. I liked this book a lot.
Loralee
I had a hard time getting into this book and nearly set it aside as a "well maybe I'll try this later when I'm in the right mood." But suddenly the book picked up steam and I was glad I stuck with it.

This is the second book in the Cape Refuge series. My family had listened to the first book on a recent trip to Utah and back. We all enjoyed it and once I start a series, I like to find out what happens next.

Cade, the Cape Refuge police chief is responding to some downed wires during a furious stor
Elaine
Cade hits a person with his vehicle and the man dies. Cade is now missing and Blair is really worried. He's last seen with a mysterious woman. Jonathan starts to become concerned.

Newborns are disappearing from hospitals and Karen from Hanover House is in the hospital after just delivering a boy.

Even though the believability aspect is questionable, there's something about this book that I like. It's got some excitement to it. Blair's got guts but what's up with the scar angle. She has scars. We
Heather Palmer
May 30, 2009 Heather Palmer marked it as to-read
Police Chief Cade disappears after hitting and killing a man with his car. Without a trace, without a note, without taking clothes or his car or money, he is gone. When a witness says she saw Cade getting into a blue Buick with a woman before his disappearance, the newspapers report that Cade left town to be with her. Blair knows it doesn’t make sense for Cade to leave without word for any reason. The dead man is identified, and it soon becomes clear that the woman Cade was seen with was the wif ...more
Jan

Dit boek heet in het Nederlands 'Storm van geruchten'. Hadden dochters meegebracht uit de bibliotheek en een eerste blik erin boeide mij: Hoe gaat iemand het voor elkaar krijgen misdaad en een christelijke ('American - evangelical') boodschap samen in een verhaal te stoppen?

In feite gebeurt dit vooral doordat het verhaal overal fatsoenlijk blijft. Heerlijk, een misdaadverhaal, thriller-achtige elementen, en dan zonder gevloek, sex, etc.

Onder de mensen die in dit verhaal de hoofdrol spelen zijn e
Monica
A storm is raging on Cape Refuge. Cade, the Chief of Police is driving to divert traffic around some down power lines when he hits a man that walks out in front of him. Cade is raked with guilt after the man dies. When Cade vanishes Blair is concerned that something happened to him. Blair feels that the police are doing nothing to find him. She has a gut feeling that the man's wife is responsible for Cade's disappearance.

The story was interesting and one that I found myself wanting to keep read
Libby Sellers
This is number two in the Cape Refuge Series. I thought this mystery storyline was unique and complex enough to keep me interested. Yes you can see some things coming but still enough surprises so it's not boring. These are written from a Christian Worldview yet they are real and not cookie cutter characters but are flawed like the rest of us. I enjoyed listening to the audiobook and want to find out what happens to Sadie as well as Morgan and Blair and Cade. Yes there is some romance thrown in ...more
Monica
This was a "good" summer read - easy, predictable, not terribly original or well-written, but engaging enough to spend a few hours on a Sunday afternoon. It was the second book in a series, and I hadn't read the first, but that didn't seem to matter - I certainly didn't feel lost in the least. Some things made me groan from sheer cheesiness, as when a 33 year old police chief reportedly thought "Oh, how he wished his mentor, Wayne, was around to give him advice right now!" I kept feeling the mid ...more
Carolyn E
Nov 25, 2011 Carolyn E rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Everyone - must read
Southern Storm by Terri Blackstock is a fantistic book!! I could not put it down; in fact, I read the entire book yesterday. This book definitely gets 5-plus stars--at least 7 or 8 stars, or even 10 on a scale of one to ten.

Although I know Terri Blackstock has been writing for a while, I have only just discovered her. I am eager to read more of her books. (Fortunately, I believe our library has most of them.)
Pr Latta
[audio] Second in this Christian (quite evangelical) series, Storm has a clever hook with quite a convoluted plot, but the characters are stuck in their stereotypes (all the policemen are incompetent, all the city councilmen are rich and uncaring, all the kids in high school are mean) and the level of writing feels formulaic. I also had difficulties with Renee Raudman's reading -- her breathy tones were very difficult to hear over any road noise and the southern accents didn't sound like any dra ...more
Heather Zuber-Harshman
Terri Blackstock effectively weaves a number of mysteries into one so you are continually trying to piece things together. She does so while keeping the pace moving. Not a chapter goes by without learning or wondering something.

This book is even slightly better than the first one in this series because the mystery is more complex. I found myself more intrigued and engaged by the characters.

While the reading is easy and the story line is not complex, it is still entertaining and realistic. It's
Connie
Book 2 of the Cape Refuge series. Catches your attention immediately! Christian fiction/mystery. Cape Refuge is a fictional island near Tybee Island & Savannah, GA.
Tanja Ehlers
Starts out well and ends really well but had a bit of a drag in the middle. Definitely a warmup write for the next 2 books in this series though.
Bree
4.5 stars. Police drama. The town Liberian plays private investigator when her friend the chief of police goes missing.
Sandy
I read this book because it came highly recommend in an article about "free Kindle books." So I downloaded it for free and thought I'd give it a shot. I will have to say that for free, it was a pretty good book. In terms of good books, it only gets 3 stars. It was a fun story to read, but pretty cheesy in parts. I didn't think she did a very good job of developing the relationship between the two main characters, which took away from the story as a whole.
It's like a love story/mystery with a Ch
Maurean
The second installment of her "Cape Refuge" series, begins when an unknown man walks out in front of Cade's police car. When Cade finds that the man had been previously shot, finding out his identity becomes even more urgent. Then Cade vanishes, and his disappearance looks suspicious, but Blair doesn't believe the rumors, and is determined to find him, her faith in God may be her only hope - but, does she have what it takes?

Another gripping and enganging tale; I enjoy Blackstock's writing, and h
Suzanne
Loved it...
Still wondering why I haven't read any of her books until this point?

Terri is a classic "whodunit" author... with the exception that she writes with a Christian perspective.

In this particular book another murder takes place, and police chief Cade goes missing... did he do it? A definite page turner for me..

Love Love Love the story line between Cade and Blair. Only WEIRD thing in this book is that they turned the baby's name from Caleb to Seth.... and to Caleb Seth in book three... was
Sandra Allen
How Cade survived in the basement.
Beverly Steinhardt
I enjoyed this book.
Mare
This series is good to have on hand when you are too tired to read anything deep. Some parts of the story line are a little unbelievable.
Virginia Markhart
Very good. Set in a small island community. Local cop hits a man on a stormy night. Man had walked in front of his patrol car, later we discover than he had been shot prior to stepping into the road. Christian cop has horrible guilt feelings. Dead man's wife gets involved. She actually kidnaps the cop and hides him in her basement. Yep. She and another cop have a baby kidnapping ring going on. Wow. Lots happening. Very good book
Stacy
Second in the Cape Refuge series, and as good or better than the first. I bought the first two in an anthology and enjoyed them both immensely. I might need to buy the other two and continue reading the series. Good characters, a little murder mystery in each one (although I've figured them both out, they're still enjoyable!), and I adore the setting. Since we've visited Tybee Island, I can see all of these places in my head :)
Virginia Dyer
Southern Storm is the second in the Cape Refuge series by Terri Blackstock. I had a very hard time putting it down once I started. It held my interest from the very first page to the very last page. I love a good mystery/suspense novel and Mrs. Blackstock manages to combine the best of a good mystery mixed with Christian faith. I'm very glad that I bought all four of the series together and can't wait to start #3.
Amber Moore
Terri Blackstock writes a great story! I had no idea there were seqeals to Capre Refuge! It was another great book. I keeps you wondering and going till the end of the book and then so far ends happily and you don't even realize there is another book coming. They link but not to the point where you finish one and then are like I have to find the next one. It is a pleasant reading experience.
Kristina
This is the second book in the Cape Refuge series by Terri Blackstock. It was an entertaining and enjoyable read. I do have a hard time wondering just how realistic such a small town having so much large scale crime like murder, kidnapping, infant snatching, loan sharking, etc really is... But if you can use your imagination and get past that it is a pretty entertaining series to read.
Pixie
I read this one in the wee hours of the 10th. Just finished it up after a morning break. I enjoyed this one more than the first. It felt a lot more solid than the first book. At least to me. It felt more suspenseful as well. Maybe if I was a hardcore follower of this genre, I'd have rated it even higher but I will say, I DID like it.
  • Exposure
  • Fireworks
  • Into the Deep (Rock Harbor Series #3)
  • Showers in Season (Seasons, #2)
  • The Real Enemy
  • Danger in the Shadows (O'Malley #0.5)
  • Against All Odds (Heroes of Quantico, #1)
  • Sins of the Fathers
  • Defiance (Navy Justice #3)
19811
Terri Blackstock is a New York Times best-seller, with over six million copies sold worldwide. She is the winner of two Carol Awards, a Christian Retailers Choice Award, and a Romantic Times Book Reviews Career Achievement Award, among others. She has had over twenty-five years of success as a novelist.

Terri spent the first twelve years of her life traveling in a U.S. Air Force family. She lived
More about Terri Blackstock...

Cape Refuge (4 books)
  • Cape Refuge (Cape Refuge, #1)
  • River's Edge (Cape Refuge Series, #3)
  • Breaker's Reef (Cape Refuge, #4)
Night Light (Restoration #2) Last Light (Restoration, #1) Cape Refuge (Cape Refuge, #1) Breaker's Reef (Cape Refuge, #4) True Light (Restoration, #3)