Start by marking “Faith And The Electric Dogs” as Want to Read:
Faith And The Electric Dogs

Faith And The Electric Dogs

3.91 of 5 stars 3.91  ·  rating details  ·  126 ratings  ·  19 reviews
Edison is a Mexican street dog, but he's far from ordinary. He can speak Bowwow and can understand English, Spanish, and French. When a girl named Faith rescues him, he begins a fantastic and unforgettable journey.
Published June 1st 1998 by Scholastic Paperbacks (first published October 1st 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Faith And The Electric Dogs, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Faith And The Electric Dogs

Abby
Charming magical realism for the elementary set. Recommended to me by the parent of an young advanced reader as a good challenge with age-appropriate emotional content. Wasn't my personal favorite, but would make a good read aloud and acceptable for Karen's "No More Dead Dogs!" List.. The dog narrator and frequent words and expressions in languages from Spanish to BowWow will delight kids.
Sara
I am reading this book with my son, it is such a sweet little story told from the dogs perspective. Having recently rescued a pup of our own, its adorable.
Katie Van Amburg
I bought this at a thrift store on a cross-country road trip merely because of the cover and the fact that it mentioned San Francisco on the back (hey, it was a quarter, so I didn't have to justify the purchase any more than that!). I think it's meant for children, but I ended up loving it. I finished it in two days of relaxed reading. I loved the imagination of the story. It held my interest because the language wasn't too elementary and the story was almost childishly whimsical but still almos ...more
Marisa B
I teach at a primarily Spanish-speaking school and read this to my 4th graders every year.They really enjoy all the spanish inserts and my students who don't speak Spanish learn some words along the way. It is written with such humor and the kids love the fact that it's told by a dog. This has always been a hit with my classes and they are really bummed when it's over.
Faith
When I was in 2nd grade I picked this book up, excited that it had my name right on the front! Books never have my name and that was very important to me, being that young. I ended up absolutely loving it! It's now my favorite book of all time and I have read it ten times over. I did read the second one but I didn't enjoy it quite as much as this one.
Lindi
A delightful, magical tale about acceptance and friendship, with Spanish and Bowwow (one of several dog languages, we are told) words defined in the margins. I finished it on a recent morning and went to work, planning to order it for my school library when what to my wondering eyes should appear, but that it is out of print! Doggone it!!!
Dianna
i read this a long time ago and really need to read it again because i don't think i really understood it the first time. i just barely remember a few things like a car hitting a dog and sending him into the gutter and an island and writing "fe" in the sand and other trivial things.
Elaine
Jun 11, 2008 Elaine rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Younger kids who enjoy animals and funny stories
Review from 2004

It's funny the way the dogs have different languages! I liked when they were flying the Peahen. Pork fat and hot peppers for fuel? I also liked that you could also learn some Spanish words too. Not to mention, Bowwow, and all those! :)
Kyriss Kristin
Faith is an example of children’s fantasy. It was a cute book that incorporated spanish into the storyline. I wasn't totally in love with this book as I was with the others but it is definitely a cute book for younger children.
Daigo
I don't remember much of this book, but I do know it was my favorite when I was little.
I wish I could find a copy of it :(
Rae
I have loved this book ever since I first read it when I was 6. It's a treasure to me, and an excellent read! :D
Kami Tilby
Yay!!! a fast fun read, great to read to children, cousins, friends, on the beach. Makes you feel like a kid again.
Andrea
I remember this book from when I was in elementary school! I must have checked it about 10 times. I loved it!
F.T.
This is a beautiful story. It transcends boundaries and takes you some place amazing.
Kathy
Putting this on the read aloud list for the kiddos! Super cute and funny!
Julie Wood
great kids book, clever, intriguing with a great lesson that isn't too preachy
Helen
Its been a while since I've read this. It was ok.
Court:) H
This is my favorite book ever!!!
Arwen
Dec 03, 2011 Arwen added it
Recommends it for: Kids that are good at reading
Shelves: cute, dogs
It was a great book!
Keele
Keele marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2015
Rita
Rita marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2015
Ben Azizi
Ben Azizi marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2015
Brian
Brian marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2014
Blossom8
Blossom8 marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Guinea Dog (Guinea Dog, #1) We Can't All Be Rattlesnakes Odd, Weird & Little The Wolving Time The Beastly Arms

“Sometimes fear and confusion can blunt your perceptions. You become so driven to make sense of things, to identify the dangers lurking around the next corner, that you neglect to see the wonders all around you.” 0 likes