Start by marking “Abomination (Rock Harbor Series #4)” as Want to Read:
Abomination (Rock Harbor Series #4)

Abomination (Rock Harbor #4)

4.15 of 5 stars 4.15  ·  rating details  ·  1,272 ratings  ·  90 reviews
"Crackles with an ominous electricity, pulling you inside the mind of a killer who is terrifyingly twisted...terrifyingly real. The pages will race by as you read, but I guarantee your heart will race even faster."
-T.L. Hines, author of "Waking Lazarus"
Published August 7th 2007 by Thomas Nelson Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Abomination, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Abomination

Redeeming Love by Francine RiversThe Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. LewisA Voice in the Wind by Francine RiversThe Shack by Wm. Paul YoungThe Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis
Best Christian Fiction
123rd out of 1,646 books — 2,005 voters
This Present Darkness by Frank E. PerettiDown & Out by Marcy G. DyerAgainst All Odds by Irene HannonIn Harm's Way by Irene HannonAn Eye for an Eye by Irene Hannon
Christian Mystery/Suspense Books
21st out of 284 books — 220 voters

More lists with this book...

Candice
Colleen Coble is one of my favorite Christian authors for many reasons but mostly because she can draw me into her mysteries faster than I can blink, and her characters are so real. And this book was no exception.

The story opens in the killer's point of view. Then we're introduced to the main character, who doesn't know where she is, why she's bleeding from a stab wound, or who the little girl is in her arms. All she knows is that she's terrified and believes someone tried to kill her.

A car ap
Louise
I actually grabbed Abomination off the shelf of our local dollar book store because the cover is so captivating, but it was also an enjoyable read. Colleen Coble weaves an intriguing mystery, fraught with danger, in the beautiful setting of Rock Harbor, Michigan. It's well written, refreshingly clean, and I'll definitely be reading more of her in the future.
Kat Pedroso
Terrible book. Someone needs to tell this author that if you're going to write a book that involves investigative and police work, you should talk to people in that field. Her characters are completely umrealistic, I didn't believe them at all. Awful dialogue. And I only made it just over a hundred pages in. Don't waste your time.
Aerykah
A great read. It was a little disturbing when I first read it because my brother was just getting into geocaching at the time.
I have really enjoyed most of Colleen Coble's books that I've read and this one is one of my favorites.
Rhonda Smallwood
The book was excellent but there was a mistake by the editing team that I found irritating. The premise in the beginning of the book is a woman and child stranded and the woman has amnesia and doesn't know who she is. Because of a name on the back of an necklace, she assumes her name is Elena Cox. She doesn't even remember her daughters name, but her daughter tells someone that her name is Terri. Then we meet Nick, a man whose wife was brutally attacked as evidenced by the scene in their home. B ...more
Teresa
Jun 25, 2014 Teresa added it
My first read of Colleen Coble. She kept the culprit hidden until the end of the book. I'll be reading more by her soon!!
Teresa B
Aug 06, 2010 Teresa B rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: only the most die-hard Coble fans
I have mixed feelings about this novel, set in the idyllic locale of Coble's other Rock Harbor books. Unlike the others, this does not revolve around the lives of Bree, Kade, Naomi, and other long-time residents, although they play crucial supporting roles. Instead, Abomination slowly reveals the traumatic story behind the sudden appearance of a wounded woman and her toddler. The woman has no memory of her identity nor the circumstances which left her in this state.

Clues are masterfully woven in
Vicki
If you’ve read the other books in the Rock Harbor series by Colleen Coble, you’ll be glad that this book, Abomination, allows you to once again follow Bree and her dog Samson again in the town of Rock Harbor. Bree is helping a distressed woman who has amnesia try to figure out who she is and who attacked her. She thinks her name is Elena because she is wearing a necklace with that name engraved on the back of it. She has a two year old daughter, Kerri, with her, but she can’t remember giving bir ...more
Victor Gentile
Colleen Coble in her new book “Abomination” Book Four in the Rock Harbor series published by Thomas Nelson gives us another adventure with Bree Matthews and Samson, her search-and-rescue dog.

From the back cover: A beautiful woman stands by the side of the road, barefoot and bleeding, a child in her arms. Someone just tried to kill her, but she wouldn’t recognize him if she saw his face. She doesn’t even remember her own name.

A suburban cop surveys a kitchen in disarray–a woman and child missing,
Todd Greene
Feb 12, 2008 Todd Greene rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: adults, teens
In this stand alone novel author Colleen Coble takes her legion of fans back to a beloved place and characters: Rock Harbor, Bree Nichols and her rescue dog Samson.

A woman driving at night, toward Rock Harbor Michigan and away from . . . something or someone. She can't recall what or whom. Neither does she know the little girl in the backseat. It must be her daughter. Right? Even more troubling, the woman has no memory of who she is. She only knows she must flee. She abandons her car and begins
Cathy
There were just too many things that made me roll my eyes in the story to make this book truly enjoyable. The plot definitely had possibilities....but, come on! You're driving along and see a bleeding woman with a small child walking down a lonely road and you pick her up and take her home with you? Are you an idiot? She's been stabbed and you don't call an ambulance??? Then you let her stay in your home for a few months with no identification and no proof that she's not an axe murderess? No pro ...more
Elaine
Grab your GPS, folks and be prepared for the adventure of a fantastic read! This book starts off good and just gets better and better. You will learn about geocaching. I might just look into that myself.

I'll be starting chapter 9 on page 81 but I'm going to prematurely give this book a 5 star. (I can always change it later but I don't think I'll be inspired to.)

Please don't start reading this book right before you have to do something else (like go to sleep) cos you won't be able to place the bo
Kimberly Riggle
I hated this book. I guessed the supposed twist ending, the author did not do enough research to write from police standpoint, not to mention all of the glaring errors. I could not get past how unbelievable this story is. I will probably not read another book by this author, that's how awful it was. I'm overly sorry I paid for this book at all, even with it being in the used book store.
Tina
I liked this book but had a hard time really getting into it until the last few chapters. I will admit I was blind sided about who the killer was until just before she revealed him. I usually figure it out but not this time:) All and all it was an ok book but not like the others I've read of hers
Barbara
A woman and a small child are discovered by the roadside. The woman has amnesia, which prevents her from remembering who she is or even who the child is. However, it soon becomes apparent that she's one of the targets of a "missionary killer", that is, a serial killer who specifically targets people who he believes have sinned.

Coble's characters are somewhat realistic, if a little simplistic at times. The plot is very well fleshed out, and there's a lot of detail regarding the lives of Michigan
Angelina Sydorenko
Great book that I couldn't put down but I felt as though there was no reason for it be be categorized as "Christian". This book involved a lot of violence and even murder. I would say that this book is a great read but you wouldn't get anything spiritual from this book.
Carol Macdonald
Whew! Am I ever glad that book is over. Traumatizing to the very end, and what a surprise. All of those false leads only to have the bad guy be right there all the time. It takes a good writer to pull that off, but I am going to need a much less stressful book after that thriller. In search of an Amish snoozer now.
Sindy
really enjoying this series,so glad i found this author and look forward to reading more books by her.
Nikki Kenworthy
This is a new author for me. Very well-written story. I'll definitely be reading more books written by Colleen Coble!
Ranee
I like the way the story line even if the bad guy is a definitely creepy!
Jessica
Another great book!! In love with this series!!
Anna
Wow...I still am amazed at this book! How can Colleen Coble come up with such an intriguing plot? I haven't read much suspense,but I really liked this one and might read more.
Launette
I really enjoy Colleen Coble's books. I'm glad I found them
Denise
Someone is after Eve and when she escaped with her daughter she also lost her memory. Who is chasing her?
This was a good book. It was very suspenseful and kept me interested. I liked the characters in the book and enjoyed it that was set in Michigan. One small detail that bothered me is that at one point Bay City was referred to as being on Lake Michigan. An overlook for sure since it was later mentioned on the correct lake and is only something someone who knows MI would know.
Wanda
Another great read by Colleen Coble!!! I started this book either during Christmas or Spring break, but did not have time to finish it because the chemistry class I was taking took up all my time, until this weekend! This one keeps you in suspense and everytime I thought I had the killer pegged, I was wrong! I like a book that keeps you guessing to the very end and this one did. I like the Rock Harbor characters and the setting, I hope to read about them again some day!
Shyla
I read this one quite a while ago but I still remember the creepy villian Gideon and the main characters well. This had a good plot and kept me guessing until the end. The resolution was very fast paced and a little too convenient like the author just didn't know quite how to pull it all togther in a belivable fashion but other then that I really enjoyed this book alot. I am currently reading the first series this author wrote and Abomination is a much better written book.
Angela Sellers
This book is chocked full of awesomeness!!!!! I thouroughly enjoyed the suspense abd thrill of discovering who the killer was. I never saw it coming! Nor did I think the killer himself would be killed in such a way. I really enjoyed seeing in the book that when you try to shape your significant other into someone they are not,it can really put a strain on the relationship! I learned that we need to be accepting of our loved ones because they ARE flawed.
Katie
This was a great suspense - a real page turner... until the end, when everything was too neatly and conveniently wrapped up. There were multiple, complicated plot lines going on to really keep you guessing as to who the "bad guy" was, but in the end those loose ends were tied up in a very believable or satisfying way. I feel that if an author is going to take the time to create intricate plots, they ending should honor those plot lines.
Geri
Eve finds herself the target of a serial killer. On top of that her marriage is on the rocks with her policeman husband who is trying to kill be alive. She also has to deal with a custody battle for her daughter by her sister. Coble created another wonderful story to add to the Rock Harbor series. It was run to revisit the familiar characters and read another suspenseful story. This one had me guessing until the very end.
Marie
Aug 13, 2007 Marie rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Romance readers
This book is connected to a geocaching series that we did (CSI Series by Gideon, see [http://www.geocaching.com]). Now that we've done the series, it will be interesting to see how the book ties it all in. The author contacted MiGO (Michigan Geocaching Organization) and asked for information about geocaching and MiGO set up the CSI Series of caches. We met the author at the MidWest GeoBash and received an autographed copy of the book.
Book Giveaways: Abomination, Beckon, Miss Fortune, or The Crimson Cipher 1 2 Jan 23, 2014 07:33AM
  • Brink of Death (Hidden Faces Series, #1)
  • Ulterior Motives (Sun Coast Chronicles, #3)
  • The Edge of Recall
  • The Bride Backfire (Prairie Promises, #2)
  • Expect the Sunrise (Team Hope #3)
USAToday bestselling author Colleen Coble lives with her husband, Dave, in Indiana. She is the author of dozens of novels including the Rock Harbor Series, the Aloha Reef Series, the Mercy Falls Series, the Hope Beach Series, the Lonestar Series and two Women of Faith fiction selections, Alaska Twilight and Midnight Sea. She has more than 2 million books in print.
More about Colleen Coble...

Rock Harbor (5 books)
  • Without a Trace (Rock Harbor Series #1)
  • Beyond a Doubt (Rock Harbor Series #2)
  • Into the Deep (Rock Harbor Series #3)
  • Cry in the Night (Rock Harbor Series #5)
The Lightkeeper's Daughter (Mercy Falls, #1) Lonestar Sanctuary (Lonestar Series, #1) Blue Moon Promise (Under Texas Stars, #1) Without a Trace (Rock Harbor Series #1) Tidewater Inn (Hope Beach, #1)