Start by marking “Abomination (Rock Harbor Series #4)” as Want to Read:
Abomination (Rock Harbor Series #4)

Abomination (Rock Harbor #4)

4.19  ·  Rating Details ·  1,835 Ratings  ·  159 Reviews
A beautiful woman stands by the side of the road, barefoot and bleeding, a child in her arms. Someone just tried to kill her, but she wouldn't recognize him if she saw his face. She doesn't even remember her own name.

A suburban cop surveys a kitchen in disarray--a woman and child missing, a chilling note. This crime scene is unlike any he has ever seen.

The man who calls hi
Published August 5th 2007 by Thomas Nelson

To ask other readers questions about Abomination, please sign up.

Nike Bentley I've read the other three and they could all stand alone. Coble does a good job explaining (without over explaining) relationships from past books.…moreI've read the other three and they could all stand alone. Coble does a good job explaining (without over explaining) relationships from past books. Other than the first book, the stories focus on new characters brought in from outside of Rock Harbor. I suspect what you would be missing is how Bree and Kade's relationship has developed since book 1.(less)

Tammie

I would like to thank NetGalley and the publisher Thomas Nelson Fiction for giving me a copy of this book.

3.5 stars. Haven of Swans is the first book I've read by Colleen Coble and I liked it. It's Christian Fiction, but not overtly so which I liked. The message was there, but it
Amy
Mar 21, 2017 Amy rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Sadly, I have had to abandon my read of this book. I've read 11 of Colleen Coble's books so far, and I've thoroughly enjoyed them. Yes, they are not for the faint hearted. They include death & murder, and disturbing revelations. So far I have been able to appreciate the plot for what it is, and for the intricacy in combining mystery with romance, with a location to 'die for' (sorry for the pun!)

Haven of Swans begins at a level I have not even encountered before. I found it extremely dark and
Candice
Apr 03, 2014 Candice rated it it was amazing
Colleen Coble is one of my favorite Christian authors for many reasons but mostly because she can draw me into her mysteries faster than I can blink, and her characters are so real. And this book was no exception.

The story opens in the killer's point of view. Then we're introduced to the main character, who doesn't know where she is, why she's bleeding from a stab wound, or who the little girl is in her arms. All she knows is that she's terrified and believes someone tried to kill her.

A car ap
Jill Croce-McGill
This was my first Colleen Coble book that I have read and I thoroughly enjoyed it! A true psychological thriller that is fast-moving and suspenseful with a touch of drama and romance.

This book takes everyone back to Rock Harbor with Bree, Kade, and the lovable search and rescue dog Samson, as they assist Captain Nick Andreakos in his search for a serial killer who is really into geocaching.

Coble really has a way of telling a story, throughout the entire book I thought for sure I knew who the ki
Susan Snodgrass
Mar 18, 2017 Susan Snodgrass rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. When I read it under the title 'Abomination' in 2007. I am taking away a star, even though it deserves it as a book, because I seriously dislike this practice of publishers taking a book that was published years earlier and re-publishing it under a new title. It seems somehow unethical to me. Why not just simply re-publish the book under it's original title? It's very disconcerting to buy a book, as I have in the past, only to discover it's a book I've already rea ...more
Kat Powers
Terrible book. Someone needs to tell this author that if you're going to write a book that involves investigative and police work, you should talk to people in that field. Her characters are completely umrealistic, I didn't believe them at all. Awful dialogue. And I only made it just over a hundred pages in. Don't waste your time.
Karen
Apr 08, 2017 Karen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Colleen Coble takes up back to Rock Harbor with a suspense that will suck you in until the very last page. Characters you can relate to and a plot to grab your attention, this is a crime suspense to put on your reading list. *I received a NetGalley copy of this book.*
Kav
Mar 11, 2017 Kav rated it it was amazing
A hair-raising thriller that kept me glued to the page...with frequent shoulder checks for good measure. Somewhat gruesome -- Coble never goes too far but my vivid imagination filled in the details all too clearly. Shudder. The suspense just doesn't quit -- complicated and gnarly and completely riveting. The plot twists and turns and twists some more. It got to the point where I just couldn't put the book down and finished it in the wee hours of the morning.

Back in Rock Harbor with Bree and Sams
Louise
Feb 01, 2014 Louise rated it liked it
I actually grabbed Abomination off the shelf of our local dollar book store because the cover is so captivating, but it was also an enjoyable read. Colleen Coble weaves an intriguing mystery, fraught with danger, in the beautiful setting of Rock Harbor, Michigan. It's well written, refreshingly clean, and I'll definitely be reading more of her in the future.
Kimberly Riggle
Jan 30, 2014 Kimberly Riggle rated it did not like it
I hated this book. I guessed the supposed twist ending, the author did not do enough research to write from police standpoint, not to mention all of the glaring errors. I could not get past how unbelievable this story is. I will probably not read another book by this author, that's how awful it was. I'm overly sorry I paid for this book at all, even with it being in the used book store.
Aerykah
Aug 02, 2011 Aerykah rated it it was amazing
A great read. It was a little disturbing when I first read it because my brother was just getting into geocaching at the time.
I have really enjoyed most of Colleen Coble's books that I've read and this one is one of my favorites.
Teresa
Jun 25, 2014 Teresa added it
My first read of Colleen Coble. She kept the culprit hidden until the end of the book. I'll be reading more by her soon!!
Jessica Taskinen
She doesn't remember who she is or who wants her dead. She has a knife wound and a small child who calls her mama, but where she came from and where she was running to is a long-lost memory. Finding refuge in Rock Harbor, she tries to start over. Her memory seems to be locked away despite the few instances where a random memory is triggered by her circumstances. However, when she and a few of her newly made friends find a dead body in the woods near Rock Harbor, the sight and smell of a peanut b ...more
☘Tara Sheehan☘
This was previously published as Abomination but this version has a title and cover art that is more in line with the other books in the Rock Harbor series than the original release.

Like her other books in the series you don’t necessarily have to read them all in order and they would work well as standalones except for the parts about her personal life. Each book is essentially its own contained mystery. Colleen Coble writes excellent suspense thrillers that build with the right momentum.

This w

Thomas Nelson--FICTION

Thomas Nelson
Christian

Pub Date 02 May 2017

I am voluntarily reviewing a copy of Haven of Swans through Thomas Nelson-Fiction and Netgalley:

He calls himself Gideon, Gideon the Destroyer of Evil.

He had tried to kill her, but she drove bleeding, unsure of how much blood she lost. She needs to get her and her daughter away from him before he kills her.

A woman finds her bleeding, on the side of the road, her little girl in her arm
Donna (More Than a Review)
Colleen Coble Haven of Swans has a heart stopping opening as a woman and her child are on the side of the road and scared but she is not sure of whom or what. She finds herself in Rock Harbor where Bree takes her in. You may remember Bree and Samson from the original Rock Harbor series.
Gideon is a creepy, crazy villain who has justified his need to kill, and kill again. I will not spoil any of it for you and will let you find out the rest of his craziness as you read the story.
Nick is a detect
Robin
May 19, 2017 Robin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I also read the earlier edition of this book though that was quite some time ago. Colleen Coble is one of my favorite authors. I love all of her work! She never disappoints me, whether it's historical fiction or mystery and suspense. The danger is vivid and shocking at times. This novel draws you in and has you on the edge of your seat at times because it is very intense. I love returning to Rock Harbor and catching up with Bree and Naomi. This one has a modern day feel with the technological ge ...more
Simone
May 09, 2017 Simone rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received a free copy of this novel from HarperCollins Publishing in exchange for my honest review.

Elena Cox is found barefoot and cold walking on the side of the road with her baby girl. She has bruises, a stab wound, and no memory. Bree Matthews is determined to help her get back on her feet and get her memory back. Other than her name she remembers nothing but has immense fear that the attacker has followed her to Rock Harbor.

Then there's Gideon, his quest is rid the world of evil. He's take
Carol
May 30, 2017 Carol rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Haven of Swans is one amazing psychological thriller that Colleen Coble is known for. This one really threw me for a loop. When I thought I knew who the serial killer was my mind was absolutely blown. You are at first see the book through the eyes of the killer - isn't that a bite - then you are seeing through one of the victims who got away but who has a missing memory - that is the second bite - and she is getting away from a killer and she sees a car - is it the killer or is it a helper of he ...more
Barbara
May 27, 2017 Barbara rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was excellent! I love it when you have no idea who the bad guy is. Then about 30 pages from the end you find out who the person was. You think back into the other parts of the book and see the signs. And you go, "Oh, that's what that meant." I also like a book that doesn't finish abruptly. The ending is well thought out and gives you closure on all of the subplots. I think I will enjoy reading more "Rock Harbor" stories. This book was published under another name, "Abomination." Luckil ...more
Pam
May 10, 2017 Pam rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is a reprint of an earlier novel—Abomination. I kept thinking it felt familiar and then later found out that it was a novel I had already read. It seems tricky to me to re-publish a book with a new title. Once you have purchased the book you a second time, you feel short-changed. That said, the novel is the 4th in the Rock Harbor series. We meet up with Bree, Davey, Naomi, and others from the previous novels. Some of the situations the heroine found herself in seemed a bit far-fetched ...more
Kelly Tyree
Mar 11, 2017 Kelly Tyree rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Haven of Swans was an incredible book that will have you smiling one minute and looking over your shoulder the next. It is part of the Rock Harbor series and I loved checking in with Bree and Kade and seeing how they have grown as the series has grown. Bree and her dog, Samson, are part of a search and rescue team.

In Haven of Swans, Bree finds a woman and a child walking down the road. The woman has been stabbed and has no memory due to a head injury. Bree takes her in and helps her to heal and
Geneva Stokes
NEW COVER-NEW TITLE OLD BOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree with several other reviewers, it is a shame, people deceivingly make money off their readers! (this is not the first time I have seen this) I, for one can not afford many books, if it weren't were Kindle Unlimited, it would be slim pickings. But, for a Christian author to change the title and cover of a book and sell it for new, SHAME on you.
Colleen, I have read several of your series, and love your writings, but should I buy one more book,
Marian Baay
This was a bit of a creepy read. However not too creepy that I couldn't finish reading it. I liked the characters and they drew me back into the story, but I didn't care to read what the killer did to his victims. Eventhough it wasn't told in detail, my imagination did the work on its own. It was just gross. There were times I wondered "what the heck am I reading?" Well, I finished reading it, partly because I wanted to figure out who the bad guy was. All in all, an okay read, but not a book I w ...more
John Wheeles
Jun 24, 2017 John Wheeles rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The sign of an excellent story... I had it all figured out... EXCEPT I had the wrong guy! This is a page turner, and the characters are very engaging. I was thoroughly engrossed, and couldn't wait to see what was next.

This is a great choice for suspense thriller fans, especially if you enjoy the hunt for a crafty serial killer. Pick it up, you won't want to put it back down until the last word!
Kathy Filardo
Jun 15, 2017 Kathy Filardo rated it it was amazing
This was a great look into the mind of a serial killer and also quite creepy as the murders progressed and they all tried to stop the killer before he struck again. Great suspense tale and also a great romance.
Donna
May 20, 2017 Donna rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Unfortunately I was unable to finish this book, it was too dark, too foreboding, too deep. It was the mind of Gideon which was deeply disturbing.

Other Colleen Coble books have been somewhat lesser a degree so although one has been unreadable, it does not deter me from reading others.
Kw
May 10, 2017 Kw rated it really liked it
One of the best mysteries I've read in ages!
Alanna
May 21, 2017 Alanna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a great book! Things wrapped up a bit too conveniently but that's ok by me. I had good entertainment and when not reading this book, I thought about it, which to me makes it more enjoyable!
Pauline J
Jun 19, 2017 Pauline J rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Suspenseful read.

This author gave this exciting book, all she had!!
Sometimes her twists and turns took me to the level of exhaustion, but I never let go!! It was a great read.
Book Giveaways: Abomination, Beckon, Miss Fortune, or The Crimson Cipher 1 2 Jan 23, 2014 07:33AM
  • Dead of Night (Hidden Faces Series, #3)
  • Justifiable Means ( Sun Coast Chronicles, #2)
  • The Edge of Recall
  • Less than Dead (Bug Man Series #4)
  • The Day of Reckoning (Baxter #2)
USAToday bestselling author Colleen Coble lives with her husband, Dave, in Indiana. She is the author of dozens of novels including the Rock Harbor Series, the Aloha Reef Series, the Mercy Falls Series, the Hope Beach Series, the Lonestar Series and two Women of Faith fiction selections, Alaska Twilight and Midnight Sea. She has more than 2 million books in print.
More about Colleen Coble...

Rock Harbor (6 books)
  • Without a Trace (Rock Harbor Series #1)
  • Beyond a Doubt (Rock Harbor Series #2)
  • Into the Deep (Rock Harbor Series #3)
  • Cry in the Night (Rock Harbor Series #5)
  • Beneath Copper Falls (Rock Harbor #6)