Start by marking “Till Morning Is Nigh (Country Road Chronicles #3)” as Want to Read:
Till Morning Is Nigh (Country Road Chronicles #3)

Till Morning Is Nigh (Country Road Chronicles #3)

4.08 of 5 stars 4.08  ·  rating details  ·  141 ratings  ·  22 reviews
It is December of 1932, just one year after the Worthams and the Hammonds lost Wilametta Hammond and Emma Graham in one terrible night. The Christmas spirit seems largely absent again this year. George Hammond has disappeared, and Julia Wortham's house is filled to overflowing with the Hammond children, several of whom are coming down with a mysterious illness. As Christma ...more
Published October 1st 2007 by Revell

To ask other readers questions about Till Morning Is Nigh, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Till Morning Is Nigh

Doris
Well done story of a poor mountain family struggling with the first Christmas holiday after the death of their mother. The loss of his wife has unsettled their father, and he abandons them to the care of a neighbor, Mrs Wortham, and disappears. The story centers around the family bond and the need to keep going in the face of despair.

There were only 2 things about the story out of place, but the first one made it real - Rorey is not a likable child. She is all about herself and her feelings.

The
Margaret
A sweet story with a good message, but very obviously the middle of a series and was not marked at such . There was nothing anywhere in the book to indicate that I was coming into the middle of a story in progress, and believe me I looked, as it was a little confusing. Finally, I looked online and found that indeed it is book #4 in a series of 7. I would not have started the book if I had known this. I did really like the overall message of the story, but it really didn't "stand alone" as some b ...more
Stacy
Another really good book in the Wortham family series. This book apparently bridges the gap between the first three and last three books. I read it before the holiday season as part of the Winter Reading Challenge, and it was a perfect book for this time of year.

Taking place in the Great Depression, it reminds me of just how truly blessed we all are now. We don't have to scrape for food and make our own clothes and gifts. This is a story of family and faith. Loved it :)
Krystal
I got this book for Christmas from my mom - otherwise I probably wouldn't have read it. It was a sweet enough story but there were some missing details so I think it is either part of a series or the author is jsut not detail oriented! Not sure that I really cared enough about the characters to read more books in the series to fill in the gaps, though!
Kati
Another nice story about the Worthams and the Hammonds. I think I would have enjoyed it more to read it at the point in the series where it belonged time wise though. I had just finished the series and many of the characters were grown up. In this book they are all little, so it was hard to remember they were little kids again.
Darlene Ferland
Set in 1932 during the Depression, this book is a sweet story about loss, sorrow and the ability to overcome deep-seated sorrow during Christmas. A strong belief in Jesus and the innocence of children round out this lovely and moving story. . .
Becky
This old-fashioned Christmas takes place in 1932 in
a very difficult time in our country. The Wortham
family manages to have a blessed holiday in spite of
having too many mouths, too little money, and having
children ill. This is a Christmas of healing.
Judy King
Set in the hard times of 1930s (?) rural America. Nice Christmas story about friends, neighbors helping each other in times of need. Good characterization especially with some of the children in the story. Nice job....sweet story.
Aaron
This was a really cute little book. A book dosn't have to be epic to leave you feeling better for having read it. This is one of those books that is part of a series, but that you can read in any order I like that.
Janetkc7wvy
Was enjoyable but you never find out what happened to the kids mother of Katie's mother. After reading it I found it was part of a series.I guess you have to read the others to really understand.
Linda
I am enthralled with reading the saga of the Wortham and Hammond families, the trials and tribulations that they have endured. Looking forward to reading about the continuing lives in the next book.
Lynnea
short quick read. I loved the way the children played with the nativity - moving Mary and Joseph closer to "Bethlehem" as Christmas approached.
Darlene Wilson
A lovely little Christian story to get me in the mood for the approaching season. . . Reminded me of the hard time stories my mom used to tell.
Marie
This is another great book about the Wortham and Hammond families. It takes place during the depression like her earlier 3 books.
Loraine
This well-written depression era Christmas story shows how the joy of Christmas can overcome the pain of loss and hard times.
Kathy
Feb 13, 2008 Kathy rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to Kathy by: Mom
A nice little book to read during the Christmas season about the Christmas spirit.
Stacy
Jan 15, 2009 Stacy marked it as to-read
another one I haven't read! I din't know this existed but I'll look for it
Holly
Awesome book! This is a wonderful series by a great author.
Sandy Forman-Johnson
Makes you realize what is important in life. Very well done.
Jerry
A cute and sweet, if short, Yuletide novel.
Debbie
a beautiful loving book about love and family.
Christine
Nice Christmas story
Cws
Dec 04, 2008 Cws added it
Shelves: young-adult
YA Kel
Abigail Sands
Abigail Sands marked it as to-read
Oct 24, 2014
Cindy
Cindy marked it as to-read
Oct 09, 2014
Ashleigh Ruiz
Ashleigh Ruiz marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2014
Hannah
Hannah marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2014
  • One More Sunrise
  • Learning to Fly
  • Unwrapping Christmas
  • Wagered Heart
  • Remember to Forget (Clayburn,#1)
  • Illuminated (An August Adams Adventure, #1)
  • Splitting Harriet
  • Blue Heart Blessed
  • Arms of Deliverance: A Story of Promise (World War II Liberator #4)
  • A Pioneer Christmas Collection
  • Miss Invisible
  • A Day with a Perfect Stranger
  • Speak Through the Wind (Crossroads of Grace #2)
  • The Judge Who Stole Christmas
  • The Christmas Visitor: An Amish Romance
  • Slices of Life (Tales from Grace Chapel Inn, #8)
  • A Plain & Fancy Christmas
  • Two Brides Too Many (The Sinclair Sisters of Cripple Creek, #1)
aka L.A. Kelly

A resident of Clayton, Ill., Kelly authored 11 books, including the best-selling historical fiction series centered around the Wortham and Hammond families—published by Revell/Baker Publishing Group. Her most recent book, The House on Malcolm Street, was published by Revell in September 2010.

Kelly, who home-schooled her two children, served as children's ministry director and youth m
More about Leisha Kelly...
Julia's Hope (The Wortham Family Series, #1) Emma's Gift (The Wortham Family Series, #2) Katie's Dream: A Novel (The Wortham Family Series, #3) Rorey's Secret (Country Road Chronicles, #1) Rachel's Prayer (Country Road Chronicles, #2)