Start by marking “Rachel's Prayer (Country Road Chronicles, #2)” as Want to Read:
Rachel's Prayer (Country Road Chronicles, #2)

Rachel's Prayer (Country Road Chronicles #2)

The Wortham family has been tested through hard times. But with the world on the brink of war, they are about to be tested again. Just days after the attack on Pearl Harbor, Robert Wortham and Willy Hammond enlist. As they head off to fight, their families are left behind to deal with fears of what lies ahead for their brothers and sons.
Published July 31st 2006 by Fleming H. Revell Company (first published July 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Rachel's Prayer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rachel's Prayer

Shari Larsen
Jan 01, 2015 Shari Larsen rated it really liked it
In this 2nd book of The Country Chronicles series, the Worthams and the Hammonds are tested once again with the world on the brink of war. After the surprise attack on Pearl Harbor, Robert Wortham and the three oldest Hammond boys head off to fight, and the families are left behind to deal with their fears, and can only pray for peace, strength, and a greater understanding of God in this conflict that could forever change the future of both families.

I enjoyed this story; although it had its shar
Marilyn
Nov 13, 2008 Marilyn rated it liked it
This is the fourth in a series about the Worthen family. You have to be fond of the people to stay with it. I'm impressed with their faith, frugality, and ingenuity. They have a great love for God and their fellow men.
jimtown
Jul 22, 2016 jimtown rated it liked it
Shelves: series, inspirational
After waiting three weeks for Crow's Lake at the library, I realized I'd already read it, so I looked for something else to take my mind away and chose the next two books by Leisha Kelly, giving her a second chance.

I like reading her books but the last one I'd read, Rorey's Secret started to get monotonous with the worrying so I hadn't planned to continue reading the series but since I didn't have another title in mind and these were handy, I started Rachel's Prayer and it starts out as WWI begi
Teresa
Jul 14, 2016 Teresa rated it really liked it
This is my new favorite series of books. Oh how I came to love these two families who eventually merged into one. Each book in this series teaches strong Christian principles without becoming preachy. I love the lesson of learning to trust in the Lord regardless of the circumstances or how hard life is treating you. Not only did I love the lessons but I came to love each of these characters with all their flaws. I am only saddened that there will be no more stories of the Wortham family. Now all ...more
Carol
Aug 01, 2013 Carol rated it really liked it
I liked this book much better than the previous one in the series. Now that I've gotten all the characters straight, I can identify with them more closely & want to know what happens next. It gave me much insight into the feelings of ordinary people during WWII when so many young men were going off to fight, many not returning. I was surprised at how resourceful rural women were such a short time ago when medical treatment wasn't readily available or was too expensive.
Tamra
Feb 01, 2015 Tamra rated it liked it
Shelves: christian-lit
3.5 stars better than previous books in the series but not as good as Julia's Hope. This would have been 4 stars but George Hammonds antics made me want to throw the book against the wall. Enough was enough..... I still enjoyed seeing the characters grow and change.
Marie
Feb 26, 2009 Marie rated it it was amazing
I enjoy read Leisha Kelly's books. This one is the 2nd in the Country Road Chronicles. It is set right after the attack of Pearl Harbor. The book deals with how people are coping with WWII and their love ones going off to fight.
Marla
Jun 27, 2013 Marla rated it really liked it
This is not a feel good series, but an uplifting one of God's faithfulness to our needs and our faith in Him. Good Christian fiction.
Acarrawa
Dec 21, 2010 Acarrawa rated it really liked it
The best yet, at least in terms of spiritual issues. This book addresses some of the most often asked questions about God. Aside from that, the story itself is a good one. Well worth your time.
Stace
Aug 10, 2010 Stace rated it really liked it
Shelves: library-books
Liked this, very simple honest characters. Part of a series, I would like to read the other books too.
Connie
Jun 14, 2014 Connie rated it it was amazing
This is another fine work by Leisha Kelly. This book has a somber tone since it deals with the World War II time period. Ms. Kelly's strong Christian faith is also very clear in this title.
Richelle
Richelle rated it it was amazing
Apr 14, 2012
Jenny
Jenny rated it it was amazing
Feb 26, 2013
Beverly
Beverly rated it it was amazing
May 06, 2013
Wendy Ramirez
Wendy Ramirez rated it it was amazing
Oct 22, 2009
Lori
Lori rated it really liked it
Jul 28, 2011
Margie
Margie rated it it was amazing
Apr 15, 2011
Diane
Diane rated it it was amazing
Sep 15, 2013
Mrs.
Mrs. rated it it was amazing
Oct 06, 2015
Ruth Parson
Ruth Parson rated it it was amazing
Oct 16, 2015
Anne Coulter
Anne Coulter rated it liked it
Aug 07, 2015
Lisa
Lisa rated it it was amazing
Dec 26, 2014
Pam
Pam rated it really liked it
Jan 09, 2014
Cws
Dec 04, 2008 Cws added it
Shelves: young-adult
YA Kel
Ellenp
Ellenp rated it it was amazing
Jan 04, 2015
Mary
Mary rated it it was amazing
Dec 24, 2013
Marta
Marta rated it liked it
Nov 28, 2014
Nicole
Nicole rated it really liked it
Mar 28, 2015
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it really liked it
Feb 02, 2008
Heather
Heather rated it really liked it
Jun 25, 2014
  • Small Town Girl (Rosey Corner, #2)
  • Home for the Holidays (Tales From Grace Chapel Inn, #7)
  • The Miracle
  • A Stranger at Fellsworth (Treasures of Surrey, #3)
  • The Silent Gift
  • The Sweetest Thing
  • Dandelions in a Jelly Jar
  • Too Rich for a Bride (The Sinclair Sisters of Cripple Creek, #2)
  • 'Round The Corner (Sister Circle #2)
  • A Matter of Character (Sisters of Bethlehem Springs, #3)
  • In Every Heartbeat
  • Whispers On The Dock (Postcards from Misty Harbor Inn #3)
  • Empire Builders (The Great Northwest #1)
  • Home Song
  • Sarah's New World: The Mayflower Adventure
  • Becoming Lucy (Winds Across the Prairie, #1)
  • Something Old, Something New (Tales from Grace Chapel Inn, #10)
  • Ain't No River
aka L.A. Kelly

A resident of Clayton, Ill., Kelly authored 11 books, including the best-selling historical fiction series centered around the Wortham and Hammond families—published by Revell/Baker Publishing Group. Her most recent book, The House on Malcolm Street, was published by Revell in September 2010.

Kelly, who home-schooled her two children, served as children's ministry director and youth m
More about Leisha Kelly...

Country Road Chronicles (4 books)
  • Rorey's Secret (Country Road Chronicles, #1)
  • Till Morning Is Nigh (Country Road Chronicles #3)
  • Sarah's Promise (Country Road Chronicles, #4)