Start by marking “Crimson Eve (Kanner Lake Series #3)” as Want to Read:
Crimson Eve (Kanner Lake Series #3)

Crimson Eve (Kanner Lake #3)

4.29  ·  Rating Details  ·  612 Ratings  ·  32 Reviews
Carla stared at the gun and David Thornby—or whatever his name was. Her mind fissured, one side pleading this was some sick joke, the other knowing it was not. Her throat ran dry, air backing up in her lungs. She swallowed.

“Please. You must have the wrong person. There’s no reason for someone to want me dead. I don’t have any enemies.”

“Then you’d best rethink your friends.
Published September 30th 2007 by Zondervan (first published September 25th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Crimson Eve, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Crimson Eve

Redeeming Love by Francine RiversThe Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. LewisA Voice in the Wind by Francine RiversThe Shack by Wm. Paul YoungThe Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis
Best Christian Fiction
303rd out of 1,861 books — 2,217 voters
This Present Darkness by Frank E. PerettiDown & Out by Marcy G. DyerAgainst All Odds by Irene HannonIn Harm's Way by Irene HannonAn Eye for an Eye by Irene Hannon
Christian Mystery/Suspense Books
102nd out of 385 books — 275 voters

More lists with this book...

TheReadingKnitter/ Kasey
Oct 10, 2010 TheReadingKnitter/ Kasey rated it liked it
Shelves: 2010
Carla stared at the gun and David Thornbyorn whatever his name was. Her mind fissured, one side pleading this was some sick joke, the other knowing it was not. Her throat ran dry, air backing up in her lungs. She swallowed.

Please. You must have the wrong person. There's no reason for someone to want me dead. I don't have any enemies.

Then you'd best rethink your friends.

Realtor Carla Radling shows an English gentleman a lakeside estate and finds herself facing a gun. Who has hired this assassin t
Georgiann Hennelly
Aug 24, 2015 Georgiann Hennelly rated it it was amazing
Carla Radling is a realtor. When she shows an "English Gentleman" a lake side estate-she suddenly finds herself facing a gun. There is no reason for someone to hire an assassin to kill her, she has no enemies. He tells her that she better rethink her friends? Forced on the run Carla must try to uncover the secrets of her past. Secrets that could destroy some very powerful people. A very fast paced well written story.
Myrtle Yvonne
Jun 08, 2013 Myrtle Yvonne rated it really liked it
Crimson Eve is an entertaining and interesting suspense book that will hook you in the first pages of the book. As of being a suspense book, the plot of the story metaphors Mary Higgins Clark's - another brilliant suspense writer. The truth behind all the confusion is always revealed in the last pages of the book. The only difference is, Brandilyn Collins revealed the murderers and the person behind it in the mid-part (which is Jilke and the hit man, Tony - from the start) whilst Mrs. Clark don' ...more
Barbara
Jun 21, 2013 Barbara rated it it was amazing
In the Introduction Brandilyn Collins warns her readers to ,"Keep your hands inside the car, strap yourself in tight, and don't forget to b r e a t h e . . ." I've read this warning before, but this book tops the list. I just finished it, and I'm still reeling. In the third installment of the Kanner Lake Series, we learn more about the realtor Carla Radling. Up to this point we've only heard some sharp remarks from her as she sits in the coffee shop, Java Joint, with her friends. This book delve ...more
Lisa Johnson
Jul 13, 2013 Lisa Johnson rated it really liked it
Title: Crimson Eve (Kanner Lake #3)
Author: Brandilyn Collins
Pages: 336
Year: 2007
Publisher: Zondervan
Can you say heart-pumping action? This third book in the Kanner Lake Series will grab a hold of your attention and not let go until the last page is turned. This story only has a few scenes in Kanner Lake, but focuses on one of the residents, Carla Radling.
Carla Radling has been hiding in Kanner Lake for 10 years. No one knows anything about her past and that’s the way she likes it. She has a cl
Michelle
Oct 20, 2007 Michelle rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: edgy suspense lovers
ABOUT THE BOOK:

Carla stared at the gun and David Thornby—or whatever his name was. Her mind split in two, one side pleading this was some sick joke, the other screaming it was all too real.

“Then you’d best rethink your friends.”

Realtor Carla Radling shows an “English gentleman” a lakeside estate—and finds herself facing a gun. Who has hired this assassin to kill her, and why?

Forced o
Sarah Eckert
Aug 26, 2013 Sarah Eckert rated it it was ok
This book could have been written much better, in my not so humble opinion. SPOILER ALERT: an intern to a senator gets pregnant and gives birth to his child, but believes that the child dies on delivery. Only years later, when the senator goes on a bid to become President of the United States and sends his henchmen to track her down does she realize that her baby didn't die. The President swapped her baby for the baby that his wife lost. What started the hunt for the intern? The President's daug ...more
R
Feb 20, 2009 R rated it liked it
I had not read any of Collins' books and I picked up the last of the trilogy for some odd reason. Now I will have to go back to read the others. This could be a stand alone as I didn't feel left out of any of the characters or past plot. I am anxious to see what I missed in the first two. There was excitement from the first page. Whew! It sort of reminded me of the Memory Keeper's Daughter and expected that turn of events when the truth came to light. The politics in the book almost seemed real ...more
Faith Wood
Jul 06, 2015 Faith Wood rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction, thriller
I love the suspense and surprises that this author reveals in her books and I was drawn to this series having spent summers at the cabin in Idaho. It is the perfect suspense thriller for a sunny summer afternoon
Jan
Jun 03, 2009 Jan rated it really liked it
This is the first book I've read by Brandilyhn Collins and I can wait to read the rest of the Kanner Lake series. This book takes off from almost the first page and doesn't stop. Carla Radling is forcedto run and can't request help because the person chasing her has friends in high places. Her secret goes back 16 years and the discovery of that secret would ruin so many lives. The pain and fright she endures while the story unfolds is well described, such that you feel afraid for her and the fri ...more
Becky
Jun 08, 2014 Becky rated it it was amazing
Good
Joyce
The plot is fast paced and really fits the slogan Brandilyn Collins uses---"Seatbelt Suspense." Once again, the alternating between the present and flashbacks to the past make the novel even more interesting and suspenseful since I could hardly wait to get to the next section to find out how it continued. There surprise twists to the story especially the one at the end add much to this story. Another great suspense novel by Brandilyn Collins.
Debra
Oct 31, 2013 Debra rated it it was amazing
Seatbelt Suspense is an apt description for Ms. Collins books and this one is no exception. One of the regulars from the Kanner Lake series finds herself in a world of hurt when her past, which she has so carefully kept buried, begins to catch up with her. The characters are well-developed and believable. The situation builds up to a fantastic crescendo. This author has done it again - captured and kept my attention with a great read!
Karen & Gerard
Apr 22, 2009 Karen & Gerard rated it it was amazing
Shelves: suspense, survival
I liked this book because there was excitement and a fight for survival right from the start. It dealt with consequences of sin and showed how our actions can have an impact on others. Carla, the main character, is pursued by a hit man hired by someone in her past and goes on the run. She has kept a lot of secrets but the truth comes out eventually. Fantastic book that I think women would especially enjoy. This was hard to put down.
joyce lynn
Nov 05, 2007 joyce lynn rated it it was amazing
ok, it's like SOOO unfair that i now have to sit here and wait for her to finish writing book #4 so that i can get my hands on it! this is why i USUALLY do NOT read a series til i have my fat, hot, greedy, little hands on them all!!!

this is a DEFINITE read if you love intrigue, and lots of twists mixed in w/ the thrills!!!
Susan
Jan 01, 2015 Susan rated it it was amazing
Fantastic! A little bit hairy reading late at night, but still so good!!
Robin
Sep 30, 2008 Robin rated it really liked it
Third in Kanner Lake Series still not sure what I think of it but series is interesting. I would be moving away from Kanner Lake for a small town a lot of people are murdered. Of the books in the series thus far, I enjoyed this one although I did not find it as suspenseful as the second one or even the first.
Gail
Feb 09, 2012 Gail rated it really liked it
Third book in Kanner Lake series. This one grabbed my attention and kept me reading! Carla, the realtor in Kanner Lake, has someone trying to kill her because of things in her past; fast paced and a little tense. It keeps me revved up to read suspense/mysteries but sometimes I'm drawn to them. :)
Molly
Jan 02, 2010 Molly rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2010
So far, this has been my favorite Collins book. The Kaner Lake Series is great Christian Fiction...

The more Collins writes, the better she gets.

I can usually figure out where a book is going...but this one had ME until the end.
Joanie Bruce
Mar 01, 2013 Joanie Bruce rated it it was amazing
This book is awesome! It's the most suspenseful book I've ever read. It's hard to breath sometimes and keeps you on the edge of your seat through the whole book. I highly recommend it to anyone who needs a good workout for your heart. :-)
Jessica
Feb 03, 2010 Jessica rated it it was amazing
My first read by Collins, and it certainly won't be my last. Great suspenseful read, kept me on the edge of my seat, late at night, turning the pages. Highly recommend.
Amrita
Jun 18, 2016 Amrita rated it it was amazing
Shelves: owned
Gosh. Will Brandilyn Collins ever disappoint me? No. Her books are great. Can't wait to read Amber Morn!
Pamela Trawick
This entire four-book series is good. Don't start late at night unless you want to stay up.
Jenny
Jan 23, 2010 Jenny rated it liked it
A quick, thrilling tale of "cat and mouse", where the reader must put aside some disbelief.
Sandy
Feb 29, 2008 Sandy rated it liked it
Christian Mystery. First time to read Brandilyn Collins. It was good
Melissa
Mar 10, 2008 Melissa rated it really liked it
Excellent mystery with some good twists. Realtor being chased by a hit man.
Mapman
Jul 12, 2010 Mapman rated it really liked it
Nice twist at the end for me ... not a big surprise, but unexpected.
Andrea
Sep 21, 2009 Andrea rated it it was amazing
Excellent read. Keeps you on the edge of your seat!
Teresa
Aug 06, 2011 Teresa rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this book and recommend it to you also.
Libbey
Sep 16, 2009 Libbey rated it really liked it
Has some suspenseful parts -- one of a series.
  • Vital Signs (Baxter #3)
  • Storm Gathering
  • Presumption of Guilt (Sun Coast Chronicles, #4)
  • The Cross Examination of Oliver Finney
  • Life Everlasting (Santee, #2)
  • Deadlock
  • Fatal Deduction
Brandilyn Collins is a best-selling novelist known for her trademark Seatbelt Suspense--fast-paced, character-driven suspense with myriad twists and an interwoven thread of faith.

Brandilyn is also known for her distinctive book on fiction-writing techniques, Getting Into Character: Seven Secrets a Novelist Can Learn From Actors (John Wiley & Sons). She is a sought-after teacher and speaker at
More about Brandilyn Collins...

Kanner Lake (4 books)
  • Violet Dawn (Kanner Lake Series #1)
  • Coral Moon (Kanner Lake Series #2)
  • Amber Morn (Kanner Lake Series, #4)