Start by marking “An Old-Fashioned Girl” as Want to Read:
An Old-Fashioned Girl

Betty Neels

An Old-Fashioned Girl

3.97 of 5 stars 3.97  ·  rating details  ·  243 ratings  ·  17 reviews
Patience knew she couldn't be more different form the sort of women Dutch surgeon Julius van der Beek seemed to attract. After all she was a quiet country girl with a somewhat unique taste in clothes -- and an assertive personality to match! Yet she was attracted to him. Not that she had a hope of making him notice her, particularly with the glamorous Sylvia van Teule alre ...more
Hardcover, Large Print, 288 pages
Published June 14th 1993 by Mills & Boon (first published October 1st 1992)

To ask other readers questions about An Old-Fashioned Girl, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about An Old-Fashioned Girl

Olly
Julius Van der Beek yang ahli bedah itu akhirnya menemukan tandingannya. Tak lain dan tak bukan adalah Patience Martin, gadis yang sehari-hari bekerja membantu mengurus rumahnya, dan memastikan Julius terbebas dari gangguan sekitar. Tapi justru gadis itu sendiri yang mengganggu pikiran Julius.
Padahal Patience hanyalah gadis kampung yang punya selera pakaian yang buruk, bertubuh mungil tetapi sama sekali tidak langsing, sama sekali tidak cantik, tapi sanggup menghadirkan makanan di saat tidak ada
Jojo
I remember buying this when I was 14ish because I had so liked The Girl with Green Eyes a couple years before. I very vaguely remember reading it once and not being terribly enamored of it, so I was not all nostalgic about it when I found it again.

After rereading The Girl with Green Eyes and liking it approximately a million times less than I did when I was younger, for some reason I thought that rereading this one also would be a good idea.

Things didn't turn out so bad as they might have thou
Susan Newman
I LOVE her books. I have read all of her books (on my Kindle). They are sweet and old-fashioned.
Amanda
My grandma introduced me to Betty Neels and I totally love her books. If you like quick simple love stories that are totally clean then these are the books for that. Its like reading an L.M. Montgomery book or Sarah Plain and Tall. They are all about the same but a little different and very quick fun easy reads. Most of them are about people that are in the medical field but you don't have to be in the medical field to enjoy it. She is definitely a favorite with me now.
Heather
Someone should organize the Betty Neels tour of England. The tour would go to all the random villages mentioned in these books and at each stop there would be a book discussion of which story was set in that town and which handsome Dutch doctor saved the day and whether or not the faithful family retainer was named Potts or Trottie.
3.5. I found Betty Neels when I was looking for more wholesome romance novels. And this book is very clean. Some of the ideas would strongly irritate a modern female (including this one) but I chose to just accept the character for the time period and circumstances surrounding her. Thus, this book became a pleasant read.
Carolyn
A good solid romance. Very clean. The men in Betty Neels stories are all so very controlling and the women so mousey. You always know how the woman feels but the man is so cold and austere - it leaves it lacking.
Natalie
This is a sweet old school romance. I appreciate a clean sweet romance. It was perfect for the mood I was in today. I think I may see what else my library has by this author for days like today.
Karla
A perfectly fine romance, if a bit dull. The hero is also a bit too controlling for my taste. Definitely a clean read. 2.5 stars.
Deb
Had heard ofthis English, Mills and Boon, best selling author and read this on a whim. Cute, but very old-school.
Dawn
I've read almost aall of her books. They are an easy read and very sweet.
Cindy Williams
I absolutely adored this book. I love books written in this era.
Tishke
Another enjoyable quick read by Betty Neels.

Erica Matthews
Loved it - I like all Betty Neels books.
I love Betty Neels heroines with spirit!
Charlotte
Charlotte marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2015
Poonam
Poonam marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2015
Cassandra
Cassandra marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2015
Hnou
Hnou marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2015
Horváth Vivien
Horváth Vivien marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2015
Arya
Arya added it
Jan 06, 2015
Gail Carpenter
Gail Carpenter marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2015
  • The Millionaire's Marriage
  • Gallant Waif
  • The Salvatore Marriage (Foreign Affairs)
  • Lost to the Desert Warrior (The Private Lives of Public Playboys #3)
  • The Tender Stranger (Silhouette Desire, #230)
  • The Spanish Duke's Virgin Bride (Harlequin Presents, #2679)
  • Taken By Her Greek Boss
  • Wife in Public (Harlequin Presents, #2977)
  • Love's Legacy
  • The Wedding Promise
  • The Heart Breaker (Rocky Mountain, #2)
  • The Royal Marriage Arrangement
  • Land of Dreams
  • The Ruthless Marriage Proposal
  • Hired: The Sheikh's Secretary Mistress (Royal Brides, #8)
  • Menjalani Pernikahan (To Make A Marriage) - Bachelor Sisters Book 3
  • Strangers in the Desert (The Al Dhakir Brothers #1)
  • Beauty and the Greek
Betty Neels was born on September 15, 1910 in Devon to a family with firm roots in the civil service. She said she had a blissfully happy childhood and teenage years, which stood her in good stead for the tribulations to come with the Second World War. She was sent away to boarding school, and then went on to train as a nurse, gaining her SRN and SCM, that is, State Registered Nurse and State Cert ...more
More about Betty Neels...
The Quiet Professor Cassandra by Chance A Girl In a Million (The Best of Betty Neels) Winter Wedding The Girl with Green Eyes (The Best of Betty Neels)