Start by marking “Rekindled” as Want to Read:
Rekindled

Rekindled

Barbara Delinsky has enthralled millions of readers with her gripping,emotional, unforgettable fiction. In Rekindled, this New York Times bestselling author gives us two of her favorite early novels: Flip Side of Yesterday, in which a small romantic spark once briefly ignited is fanned a decade later into a roaring blaze; and Lilac Awakening, the poignant story of two lone ...more
Published August 9th 2005 by William Morrow Paperbacks (first published October 7th 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Rekindled, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rekindled

Julie Barrett
Apr 03, 2013 Julie Barrett rated it really liked it
Rekindled by Barbara Delinsky
two books in one:
Flip Side of Yesterday by Billie Douglass Barbara Delinsky
Chloe and Russ meeting once again...he's moved into her beach house in Little Compton, RI (a town I'm familiar with and it's surroundings)
Fun to listen to where they go for lunch, mansion for dinner at night and all the descriptions of the sea and sand scenes.
She's an geologist consultant and plans for big communities that will not harm the land. He's into developing land with a bit of regar
Bri
May 30, 2011 Bri rated it did not like it
Shelves: have
Anna
Dec 23, 2013 Anna rated it it was amazing
Just finished it, oh, how I loved this book. I enjoyed both stories, but the second one Lilac Awakening more, it was a wonderful story! It's not so much a story to relate to by the situation, but more by emotions, I just couldn't stop reading.

Don't want to spoil it for anyone, so i won't write any details here, but I do definitely think that this is so worth reading! I might say the same for some other books by Barbara Delinsky, i guess, I'm a fan of her work.
Jenn
Nov 18, 2011 Jenn rated it liked it
This was a bit saccharine for my taste. A typical love story or two. I don't remember the first story as I read it quite some time ago. But the lilac story seemed unrealistic (which is what I guess romance is supposed to be Luke - fantasy for women). Would Anne really have gone back to Mitch after being deluded by him for so long? And she would have forgiven him that easily? Really? Anyway, besides my being realistic, it was a "nice" story.
Sherri
Aug 22, 2011 Sherri rated it liked it
Two novels in one ("Flip Side of Yesterday" & "Lilac Awakening"). VERY different novels than the one I read most recently. As usual, Delinsky has super character and plot development. I was disappointed that they were more risque than I'm used to reading and lacked any real substance. However, easy quick reads that didn't require too much thought. I'm thinking I will stick to her newer novels which deal with some major societal issues.
Rhonda Rae Baker
Jun 04, 2010 Rhonda Rae Baker rated it really liked it
Relaxed reading...two novellas that I lost myself in this Sunday.

I've always enjoyed Delinsky as she never fails to deliver. Although I believe both of these stories could have been full novels, the characters were developed enough that I felt involved.

Thanks for a wonderful way of escape Barbara...I'm one of your fans and appreciate the way you write!
Faye
Dec 14, 2012 Faye rated it really liked it
These are two early novels. The Flip Side of Yesterday is about a romance that began 10 years earlier and then begins again. Lilac Awakening is a story of two lonely strangers that meet in Vermont. Both stories have an interesting twist. Well written with a strong story line that kept me interested to the very end.
Victoria Romane
Jul 22, 2012 Victoria Romane rated it it was amazing
this book might be some other kind of books wrote by Barbara D. but there is something unique about it, it touched my heart, it brought out something exquisite. Maybe beyond words.
Kathryn
May 26, 2008 Kathryn rated it really liked it
Rekindled has two books in one by Barbara Delinsky. Both are very good and make this romance-lover very happy. I really like Barbara Delinsky's writing.
Amy
Apr 30, 2012 Amy rated it really liked it
I liked the second story much better than the first.
Brenda Fronsee
Sep 03, 2013 Brenda Fronsee rated it really liked it
very romantic
Lori
Mar 28, 2014 Lori rated it liked it
This was not my favorite book by Barbara Delinsky. It has two different novels in this book. I think the second novel was better and it did have a surprise twist toward the end.
Helena
Helena rated it liked it
Oct 04, 2016
Jennifer rated it really liked it
Jun 01, 2012
Sas
Sas rated it really liked it
Oct 23, 2011
Becky Raymond
Becky Raymond rated it really liked it
Oct 08, 2014
Chris
Chris rated it liked it
Sep 20, 2015
Amy
Amy rated it liked it
Dec 29, 2012
Amy Bonham
Amy Bonham rated it it was amazing
Feb 14, 2014
Vicki
Vicki rated it liked it
Jan 09, 2015
Laura Mooneyhan
Laura Mooneyhan rated it really liked it
Aug 09, 2011
Darcy Stewart
Darcy Stewart rated it it was amazing
Dec 28, 2009
Pat
Pat rated it really liked it
Mar 06, 2011
Nicole
Nicole rated it it was ok
Feb 08, 2009
Lisa
Lisa rated it liked it
May 13, 2014
Judy Poinsett
Judy Poinsett rated it it was amazing
Nov 06, 2013
Debsbooks
Debsbooks rated it liked it
May 15, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Parlor Games
  • The Days of Summer
  • Midnight Waltz
  • Briar Rose (Celtic Rogues #3)
  • Undertow (David Cavanaugh, #1)
  • Never Too Late
  • Caught in the Act (Dressed to Thrill #2) (Harlequin Blaze #498)
  • Last Dance (Saturday Night, #2)
  • Where Magic Dwells
  • Back on Track
  • Dancing with the Devil (Devil to Pay, #2)
  • The Salvatore Marriage Deal
  • Feisty Firefighters Bundle: Aftershock / The Firefighter's Baby / Facing the Fire
  • Loving You
  • Simplify Your Life with Kids: 1 Ways to Make Family Life Easier and More Fun
  • Fever
  • A Season in the Highlands (Bad Luck Brides, #3)
  • Anywhere You Are
I was born and raised in suburban Boston. My mother’s death, when I was eight, was the defining event of a childhood that was otherwise ordinary. I took piano lessons and flute lessons. I took ballroom dancing lessons. I went to summer camp through my fifteenth year (in Maine, which explains the setting of so many of my stories), then spent my sixteenth summer learning to type and to drive (two sk ...more
More about Barbara Delinsky...