Start by marking “Nate the Great and the Musical Note” as Want to Read:
Nate the Great and the Musical Note

Nate the Great and the Musical Note (Nate the Great #13)

3.77 of 5 stars 3.77  ·  rating details  ·  225 ratings  ·  18 reviews
These chapter books introduce beginning readers to the detective mystery genre. Perfect for the Common Core, kids can problem-solve with Nate, using logical thinking to solve mysteries!

Nate the Great has just received a strange musical note. The note tells Nate's friend Pip what his mother wants him to do at four o'clock. Their friend Rosamond has turned the note into a ri
Published May 1st 1991 by Yearling (first published March 15th 1990)

To ask other readers questions about Nate the Great and the Musical Note, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nate the Great and the Musical Note

midnightfaerie
A book my 6 yr old loved, a little old for my preschoolers. A solid reading level 2 book, this reader has a good amount of advanced vocabulary words, but not so long that it discourages a new reader. Used it for his read out loud book, which was perfect. It took about 15 mins for him to read and had just enough new vocabulary words to make it challenging. Also, it was a fun and interesting story he could get into. He liked it so much, he asked for more by this author. Great reading book!
Will.m
Nov 13, 2008 Will.m rated it 1 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: little kids 5-6
Recommended to Will.m by: no one
Shelves: baby-books
It was okay but pancakes was a major mistake because the story was about a musical note. How does pancakes go with the story? That was a screw up. Heres another screw up why would you only give it 48 pages. I mean I had a picture book that had 60 pages. That, my friend, is not a chapter book. A chapter book is seventy or heck 100 pages you call that a chapter book gosh. There were things that were wrong incomplete sentences,wrong spelling , things that don't make sense like this from the story I ...more
yusi
When Nate took a shower, his friend Pip came his home.
Pip handed a strange note from Rosemond.
Nate and Pip went out to solve this riddle.
Aruna Kumar Gadepalli
Good for the grade 1+. Those who enjoy detective stories, this one deals with case where the Piano teacher is involved.
Michelle. D.
Nate the Great books aren't that great. I hated them when I was a kid, yet I would always read them.The endings of the books were always the same, they figured out what or who did it. And where are Nate's parents? They just let their son walk around everywhere and question people. That is very irresponsible of them. Nate the Great books always made me fall asleep and always wasted my time. I would not recommend this book to anyone, especially little kids. If kids want real mystery, they should r ...more
Dolly
Jun 25, 2011 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
We had fun figuring out the solution to the puzzle in this book in the Nate the Great series by Marjorie Weinman Sharmat. We've really enjoyed the books in this series and this was another strange, but fun story. We also enjoyed the "Extra - Fun Activities" section in this book, with facts, jokes, and craft ideas.
Amy Brown
Nate the Great series is great for kids who want a chapter book but aren't ready to get books off of the first chapter display. It's a nice bridge between readers and first chapter books. This one has fun facts about pianos and finger prints in the back plus instructions on how to make a musical instrument and musical jokes. AR 2.9
Anthony
when pip hands nate a musical note from rosamond,the young dectective is baffled.it's massage from pip's mother, but rosamond has turned it into a ridle.nate has only until four o'clock to solve it, but there are several musical clues in his most noted case yet,nate must sacale new heights to beat the deadline.can he do it
Kelli
Too funny. Even my 2 and 4 year olds laughed at Rosamund and at Sludge's antics. Love that these books keep them interested even though they are much longer than a typical picture book.
Cherie
Aug 30, 2009 Cherie added it
Shelves: hopper-books
I liked it. Pip came to Nate the great's house. He went to Rosamond's house. She was not there. They walked into her garage.
Will Mccray
My favorite part was when nate ran out with pip it was realy good I would give It a a+ If Iw were the teacher

will.m
Jaca Long
the book was a little good because nate the great had to find a musical note on a piano.and the musial note key was the c.
Theresa
Nate the Great and the Musical Note
Sharmat, Marjorie Weinman

good early mystery especially for boys
Kimberly
This is a great mystery series for young detectives.
Aarong
nate the great is ecsiting and a big mitrey
Julian
It was a longer book than usual.
Colleen
A little boring.
Meike
Meike marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2015
Jm
Jm added it
Jul 23, 2015
Thanh Nguyen
Thanh Nguyen marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2015
Denise
Denise marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2015
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2015
  • Henry and Mudge and the Wild Wind (Henry and Mudge, #12)
  • Young Cam Jansen and the Pizza Shop Mystery (Young Cam Jansen Mysteries, #6)
  • Commander Toad in Space (Commander Toad)
  • Horrible Harry Goes to the Moon
  • The X'ed-out X-ray (A to Z Mysteries, #24)
  • The Case of the Stolen Baseball Cards (Jigsaw Jones Mystery, #5)
  • Mouse and Mole, Fine Feathered Friends
  • Dodsworth in London
Marjorie Weinman Sharmat is an American children's writer. She has written more than 130 books for children and teens and her books have been translated into several languages. They have won awards including Book of the Year by the Library of Congress or have become selections by the Literary Guild.
More about Marjorie Weinman Sharmat...

Nate the Great (1 - 10 of 29 books)
  • Nate the Great
  • Nate the Great Goes Undercover
  • Nate The Great And The Lost List (Nate The Great)
  • Nate the Great and the Phony Clue
  • Nate the Great and the Sticky Case
  • Nate the Great and the Missing Key
  • Nate the Great and the Snowy Trail
  • Nate the Great and the Fishy Prize
  • Nate the Great Stalks Stupidweed
  • Nate the Great and the Boring Beach Bag
Nate the Great Nate the Great Goes Undercover Nate the Great and the Big Sniff Nate the Great and the Missing Key Nate the Great and the Sticky Case