Debbie Macomber's Cedar Cove Series (First Six Books)

Debbie Macomber's Cedar Cove Series (Cedar Cove #1-6)

4.46 of 5 stars 4.46  ·  rating details  ·  1,225 ratings  ·  72 reviews
16 Lighthouse Road
Book One

When Cecilia Randall, and her naval officer husband, Ian, appear in Judge Olivia Lockhart's Cedar Cove family court, they expect the good judge to grant the divorce they seek. But Olivia senses the couple still love one another and just need time to work on their marriage in the wake of their infant daughter's death. So Olivia denies their petitio...more
Kindle Edition, 1912 pages
Published January 1st 2007 by Mira (first published 2000)

A Change of Plans by Donna K. WeaverKissing Kendall by Jennifer ShirkThe Practice Proposal by Tracy MarchThe Role of a Lifetime by Jennifer ShirkGeorgie on His Mind by Jennifer Shirk
Clean Romance Contemporary
51st out of 188 books — 206 voters
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. RowlingPride and Prejudice by Jane AustenHarry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. RowlingHarry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. RowlingHarry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by J.K. Rowling
Books I Can't Get Enough Of
90th out of 527 books — 180 voters

More lists with this book...

Mary
My secret wish is to live in Debbie Macomber's Cedar Cove if I can't live in Maeve Binchy's Dublin books and work at Quentin's as a hostess?
Leslie
I thought this series was good. But I enjoyed the Blossom street series better!
Emily
Addicted to this simple series...
Leona
I stumbled upon this series by accident and went back to read the books in order from the very beginning. The author does a great job of drawing you into the town and the events. I liked the fact that it dealt with many women's issues and was tastefully written. My only complaint is every problem has a happy ending and everything is tied up in a neat bow.
Sue
Book 1 starts with an introduction to Cedar Cove and the residents that will capture your heart. As the story progresses, you feel like you have become one of the neighbors and a friend. You will laugh, cry, wonder what will happen next and most of all anxiously await the next installment!
Tara Bowman-snyder
I wish i could give more than 5stars. This series has always been one of my favorites. The connection between character and reader is wonderful. It makes you laugh, cry, and sometimes leaves you with suspense. I am always recommending it to people. The perfect soap opera for all ages.
April
I've read all of the Cedar Cove Series that have been released (and I'm dying to see what happens in the next one) and I've enjoyed them all. Some I have read more than once. I feel like I know each of the characters. I enjoy reading about their lives.
Lisa Thornburg
I love this book series. I like how they list the different character relationships in the beginning of the book in case you are reading them out of order.
Debbie Mosley
Easy reading about life experiences of differnt people in a small town... interesting and like I said, easy reading.Just what I needed lately.
Sheleena Courtney
Love this series!! Highly recommended to all of my girlfriends!!
Tracy
The first part of this series was pretty predictable and undeniably written by someone who views the world through rose colored glasses wearing a habit. It was satisfying in a mundane sort of way, yet I wish I had never started it just because of where it led. I tend to be a bit anal about finishing a series once I start it. There were some portions of high drama and strife early in the series, however, as the series moved forward there was a definite change to holier than thou attitudes and rid...more
Rose
This book is very interesting and holds your attention. It is a chick book, so not sure if any men would be interested in reading this. It is very close to the Hallmark television series. I am a slow reader, so I have about three more chapters left to read. Debbie Macomber is a very good writer and I was impressed with her when I went to meet her at Mount Dora, Florida. The women writes faster then I can read. Just saying.
April
Oh how I love Debbie Macomber! I started reading her books in 2005 when my sister found the first book of the Cedar Cove Series, 16 Lighthouse Road on the giveaway shelf in the waiting room of one of the offices where we work at a VA Hospital in TX. Let me say, it changed my life! I have read the entire series twice or three times and love it even more each time! The characters are real and believeable and their stories touched the very core of my heart. I met Debbie in Dallas at a book signing...more
Cheryl Smith
While I prefer a book with some literary value--a great description; a poetic line; a clever plot device--I also enjoy chick lit. This is my first time reading this author. This series is fun. Most women would become involved in the lives of the Cedar Cove ladies and their families and the community itself. In June 2013, Hallmark is launching a series based on these books. I think it will be popular. The main character is a judge and will be played by Audie McDowell. I like the fact that the lad...more
Mickiex
Great books, but you definately have to read from the first to the last books in both series~!!
Melissa Kay
Debbie Macomber is a Port Orchard native, so naturally, I had to read her books after moving here. The Cedar Cove series is based on this quaint little town I now call home so it was fun to read and recognize locations and descriptions of life here. There are several characters, all interwoven, and each book is an enjoyable, light-hearted read. I recommend this series if you're looking for an easy romantic series.
Becky
Debbie Macomber has become one of my favorite fluff authors. If I want an engaging story with good characters, some life drama and a love story I can count on her books. This is a good series. I bought it on the Kindle as a series and kept reading one book after another for about two weeks this winter. It was fun and uplifting.
Patty
I must admit that I get frustrated with the residents of Cedar Cove at times, but all in all they are delightful. I read this series to get ready for the new Hallmark Cedar Cove series. I now cannot wait to see the characters come to life on TV; however, I will always enjoy, just as much, reading about them. I am hooked!
Darlene Ferland

The Cedar Cove Series Volume 1 - 6 is an easy yet fully satisfying read. Ms. Macomber has given her readers fully fleshed out characters. As the stories merged into each other, I became more involved with each story line and the intricate ways in which they became linked together. A great summer beach book. . .
April
When I'm looking for a nice light read where I can relax and just enjoy I always come back to Debbie Macomber and Cedar Cove. It's like these characters are distant friends or relatives that I need to check in on every so often. Very enjoyable books!
Diane G
I've read about half of the series so far. I like these books for their simplicity and when I just want to read something non-violent and without a bunch of promiscuity .... Stories are tame but with decent character development.
Rita
Pleasant reading. Stories a little repetitive because each book ties into the previous (and future) books, so the author feels the need to keep introducing the characters and their story lines to keep the continuity going.
Pearl Denault
Wonderfully written!! I can't believe how real each character is, and how involved you become in the story! couldn't put down my kindle until I finished all 6 novels, and I can't wait to get started on volume 2!!
Kathy
I really enjoyed these six books - each book is another address in Cedar Cove and centers on who lives there but continues to bring all the other characters in to the story....very good and quick reads...
Dulce
I absolutely loved the whole series. Debbie Macomber is amazing at character development. By the end of the book, you truly feel like you know the characters and look forward to reading more about them :)
Billie Davis
I loved reading this series, I felt like I knew this community and wanted to be a part of the community. The people make you feel comfortable, at home, and welcome. Can't wait for the next book.
Kelby
A cute series. Often predictable but it doesn't stop you from wanting to read the next one to catch up with some old friends. Sad that it finally ended but had gone on for a very long time.
Kathryn
Makes me feel like Ive been to Cedar Cove . Its almost as if I could walk the streets and recognize the people who live there. Each new Cedar Cove book is like meeting old friends again.
Jamie Fingal
I enjoyed reading this series because it was an easy read. Not riveting, yet held my attention. It was a nice escape to Cedar Cove and get to know the people who live there.
Rhonda
Love a book series that I can follow the lives of individuals. Cedar Cove Series fits the bill nicely. Author draws you into Cedar Cove and you feel like you live there.
  • The Summer Garden (Chesapeake Shores #9)
  • Virgin River Series #1-4
  • Dockside (Lakeshore Chronicles, #3)
  • Soul Catcher (The Outsider #1)
  • Prospect Street
  • My Christmas Wish
  • Twas the Night
  • Mossy Creek (Mossy Creek, #1)
  • Lakota Flower
  • Sullivan's Evidence (Carolyn Sullivan, #3)
  • The Goddess of Fried Okra
  • SEALed Forever (SEALed, #4)

Macomber is the author of more than 100 novels, most recently the instant #...more
More about Debbie Macomber...
The Shop on Blossom Street (Blossom Street, #1 ) A Good Yarn (Blossom Street, #2) 204 Rosewood Lane (Cedar Cove, #2) 16 Lighthouse Road Twenty Wishes (Blossom Street, #5)