Start by marking “Double Duty: The Parents' Guide to Raising Twins, from Pregnancy Through the School Years” as Want to Read:

Ships from USA. Will take 25-35 days
Published July 1st 1998 by McGraw-Hill Contemporary (first published April 1st 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Double Duty, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Double Duty

Jon
Oct 08, 2013 Jon rated it it was ok
I'm going to review the 1998 1st edition, rather than the 2009 2nd edition because, well, that's what I got from the library. I assume the second edition is fairly similar, but with fewer references to VCRs.

At first this book intrigued me. Most books that we've been looking at focus on pregnancy and the first year. While this makes sense for us now, it seemed like it would be neat to "peek ahead" with a book that had a little less about pregnancy, a little more about the first year, and a coupl
Tamara Taylor
I wasn't blown away by this book. For starters, the "pool" of knowledge came from the author's personal experience and 39 written surveys. This may be the scientist in me talking, but compiling stats in premature birth, NICU stays, birthweight etc based on the experience of 40 families is not much of a solid basis for making sweeping generalizations. It was a fairly quick read and not a lot of new or earth shattering info was revealed. I did appreciate the section detailing what you need and wha ...more
Stephanie
Oct 23, 2009 Stephanie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2009
I really enjoyed this book! It was full of helpful tips and I feel like I really learned a lot from it. I am not a parent of twins, however, I have recently taken a job as a nanny of 4.5 month old fraternal twin boys. I feel that this book was still extremely beneficial for me as a full time (40 hours/week) caregiver for twins.
Shelby | Double Up Books
This is a bestselling book and was recently updated in May 2009. In addition to Christina offering advice and practical strategies for coping with the challenges that with pregnant with and raising twins that parents of twins face, she has also include some wonderful tips from other couples with twins
Deborah
Aug 09, 2012 Deborah rated it really liked it
Shelves: twins
This is pretty helpful for information about pregnancy and after twins are born. I got the 1998 edition from the library and some information seemed out of date (like no information about Back to Sleep), so I would recommend only the 2nd edition published in 2009.
Gina
Mar 31, 2009 Gina rated it liked it
Some good advice, not a must read, though.
Janelle Revier
Mar 23, 2010 Janelle Revier rated it liked it
Recommends it for: mom of multiples
a practical what you need to know/ what to expect kinds book
Sep 08, 2011 Sarah rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
A good overview of what to come.
Karin
Apr 14, 2008 Karin rated it liked it
Although the author endorses some parenting philosophies I don't agree with, over-all I found it helpful.
Kaye
Oct 17, 2010 Kaye rated it really liked it
This book contained great information about what you do and don't need with twins, and offered alternative viewpoints on how to handle future sticky situations with your multiples.
irfan
Sep 03, 2012 irfan rated it liked it
A good book for new parents of twins. Although written with an American perspective, some elements are universal in nature.
Molly
Molly rated it liked it
Jul 25, 2009
Francis C.
Francis C. rated it really liked it
Nov 19, 2015
Becky
Becky rated it really liked it
Oct 10, 2010
Amanda
Amanda rated it it was ok
Feb 11, 2014
Heike Doerr
Heike Doerr rated it it was ok
Feb 03, 2012
Jenny
Jenny rated it really liked it
Mar 09, 2010
Jennifer rated it it was amazing
Aug 27, 2012
Imani J
Imani J rated it liked it
Mar 02, 2014
Lynn
Lynn rated it really liked it
Dec 09, 2011
Kathryn
Kathryn rated it really liked it
Jul 09, 2013
Sara
Sara rated it it was ok
Feb 07, 2008
David_arnar
David_arnar rated it really liked it
Apr 13, 2015
Candie
Candie rated it it was amazing
Dec 11, 2008
Amy
Amy rated it it was ok
Nov 15, 2014
Marcia
Marcia rated it really liked it
Jan 21, 2011
Coleen B. Krasowski
Coleen B. Krasowski rated it really liked it
May 20, 2016
Kelly
Kelly rated it it was ok
Jan 25, 2013
Terese Babcock
Terese Babcock rated it really liked it
Mar 23, 2014
Ankur
Ankur rated it liked it
May 14, 2008
As a freelance journalist for more than 20 years, Christina started her career as a travel writer. Her travel features have appeared in the Los Angeles Times, the Chicago Tribune, the Boston Herald, and Westways magazine. Her first travel guide, Northern Italy: A Taste of Trattoria, now out of print, was the inspiration for her new travel series, Chow Italy.

With the birth of her fraternal twin son
More about Christina Baglivi Tinglof...