Start by marking “Cheat” as Want to Read:
Cheat

Cheat

3.21 of 5 stars 3.21  ·  rating details  ·  57 ratings  ·  13 reviews
The debut graphic novel from the artist of HOPELESS SAVAGES! Continuing the tradition of DUMPED, Christine Norrie's CHEAT is a modern tale of romance and the failure of love in NYC. Janey and Marc live a hectic lifestyle that constantly keeps them apart. Then Janey ends up in the arms of another man, and the facade of a happy relationship the couple has built begins to cru ...more
Published March 17th 2003 by Oni Press (first published 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Cheat, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cheat

Vanessa Jaye
There was an interesting emotional story in here, but the minimalistic style made the graphic novel more of a outline than a fleshed out story.
April
This book doesn't have a shocking or non- predictable plot line. It's not supposed to- it's features that typical scenario where partners seem to be drifting apart and someone else steps in to fill the void. It's well done with believable characters that are neither villains or victims. The art is pretty good. I love the cover! My only complaint is that the transitions between different scenes with time passage seemed jarring- the sequential art would sometimes jump forward without me expecting ...more
Gretchen
Love the art.
two of those stars are for the art. maybe i'm slow, but the subtext and character complexity just weren't there for me. i could see the gears turning in several places (and hey, i've attempted to write and illustrate a graphic novel before and it's tough. never figured it out, meeself.)
Michelle
This book was short and simple, but upon further contemplation, features incredibly complex characters and subtext.

One of the few graphic novels I read that use images to actually tell the story instead of animating gesture.

Warning: there's no happy endings here.
Kricket
i picked this one up because i really enjoy norrie's artwork, but i agree with another reviewer who said it seemed more like an outline than a fleshed-out story. i kept looking to the artwork to see what i was missing with the dialogue and didn't really find any answers.
Speedtribes
Modern day romance comic with a bit of a sad ending. Well drawn, well paced, and with believable dialogue/situation. Quite enjoyable-- and I usually don't like what I call "short" stories in comics.
Cheryl
Sep 13, 2008 Cheryl rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to Cheryl by: Zine Fest UW-Madison
Shelves: graphic-novel
I liked the art. Cover is especially attractive. Story kept me reading yet was predictable. It did show complicity on all sides, though.
Jason
Jim
an adult graphic novel in that it deals w/such adult subjects as adultry and the choice to be faithfull.
beautiful art
Inge
Well, I'm depressed now.
Zanne
Jul 04, 2012 Zanne added it
Shelves: graphic-novels
7.95
Anissa
Anissa marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2015
Scott
Scott marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2014
Darla
Darla marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2012
Chelseadonovan
Chelseadonovan marked it as to-read
Nov 14, 2012
Nazirah Idris
Nazirah Idris marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2012
« previous 1 3 next »
Christine Norrie is an artist and writer, telling stories through comic book illustration, in graphic novel form, as well as for serialized publications, and short story fiction.

Her most noted works include her original graphic novel Cheat , the Oni Press series Hopeless Savages, and the teen drama Breaking Up published in 2007 by Scholastic/Graphix.

Dubbed “a natural storyteller” by Publisher’s W
More about Christine Norrie...
Breaking Up Hopeless Savages: Break Breaking Up (Fashion High Graphic Novel) Hopeless Savages Volume 1 Hopeless Savages Volume 3: Too Much Hopeless