Still More Stories from Grandma's Attic (Grandma's Attic, #3)

Still More Stories from Grandma's Attic (Grandma's Attic #3)

4.16 of 5 stars 4.16  ·  rating details  ·  584 ratings  ·  18 reviews
American life around the turn of the century is the backdrop for these heart-warming, real-life stories! And while some things have changed for girls, some haven't.Grandma's wonderful memory -- like Grandma's attic -- holds a storehouse of treasures from the past.
Published July 1st 1999 by Chariot Victor Publishing (first published 1980)

To ask other readers questions about Still More Stories from Grandma's Attic, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Still More Stories from Grandma's Attic

Nicola Mansfield
Continuing along in the same format as the first two books, Arleta is living with her Grandmother and Uncle Roy. Each chapter is an individual story which starts off with Arleta in the present and her grandmother ends up telling her a tale of when she was a little girl in the 1880's. The time frame has moved ahead a little bit from the previous two books though Mabel (Grandma) does go back as far as being six years old; she is mostly 12/13 and the majority of the stories involve her and her best...more
Linda
Arleta Richardson has done it again! In Still More Stories from Grandma’s Attic, Book 3, we hear Grandma Mabel telling us more hilarious stories of her mischievous childhood, along with her best friend Sarah Jane, and her two brothers, Reuben and Roy. As a child around six, you will find her in many a different pickle due to her absent-mindedness! Days of old, with little earthly goods, yet blessed with much. God’s mercy and grace, understanding and warmth are shown through her dad without using...more
Title: STILL MORE STORIES FROM GRANDMA’S ATTIC
Author: Arleta Richardson
Publisher: David C. Cook
August 2011
ISBN: 978-0-7814-0381-8
Genre: Inspirational/nonfiction/young adult/memoir

When I was a little girl, I owned a series of books called Grandma’s Attic, stories about a grandmother when she was a little girl back in the 1880s. Well, now-a-days, little girls’ grandmothers were born in the 40’s, 50’s, and even 60’s, so they don’t get first hand stories about how their great-great-whatever grandmo...more
Bluerose's  Heart
These books are just precious! They are amongst the cutest books I've ever read!

I didn't realize until I was well into the first book that these are actually reprints. Arleta Richardson passed away in 2004. When I found this out, it made the stories even more dear to me.

The books consists of several short stories about Arleta's Grandmother's childhood and many of the lessons she had to learn the hard way. I found them all quite humorous!

My favorite was probably the one called, "High Society"....more
Sunflower
Arleta Richardson's books are treasures from the past.

For those who are familiar with her work, these were books, that late at night, during summer vacations and with friends, we would read stories out loud and giggle at each stories....Growing up, reading these books now, is a trip back to simpler times before internet, social media, cell phones, television....everything and giggling at how different times are now for the people in Richardson's book and the times now.

Little girls would love how...more
Renee
When I was growing up, my grandmother lived in a great old house with lots of bedrooms and antiques to investigate. We grandkids took turns spending the night with her and listening to her stories. Nannie had lived through World War I, the Great Depression, World War II, and many cultural changes. She had a wealth of life experiences from which to educate and entertain us, and we soaked up every detail.

So I can completely relate to the premise of Arleta Richardson’s books. Arleta’s grandmother...more
Wendy
For some inexplicable reason, I LOVED this book when I was a kid and read most of the stories over and over again. I borrowed a couple of the others in the set, but this was the one I owned and I thought the stories were the best.

Not long ago I found one of the others at a used bookstore and bought it. Mostly I noticed how very, very religious and preachy the stories were. I don't mind a little preaching from Caroline Ingalls now and then, but the actual story was hard to find amid the preaching...more
Elizabeth
This is the third book in the series. I really love these as I reread through them with my children. Not every one connects with them yet, but I love the idea of these books growing with my kids.

My favorite story in this volume is "The Prettiest House in the County," which I think that husbands and wives are the same in the 1880s and today. So funny and true.

I also love "Face Cream From Godey's Lady's Book" because it is such a testament to the folly of young girls.

These are great stories about...more
Cheryl
I read the first two books and loved them. I enjoy hearing about when Mabel was a little girl just as much as Arleta does. The best part of these stories is the lessons that Mabel learned. Things like stealing is bad from Windfalls, you can not believe every advertisement from Face Cream from Godey’s Lady’s Book and dogs can spell in The Dog Who Could Spell. In this book, I get to know Mabel’s best friend, Sarah Jane better as well. They were always getting in trouble. Mabel maybe just a little...more
Maureen Timerman
This is the third book in this wonderful series. These stories are over a hundred years old, but with good messages for today.bB
What wonderful heartwarming stories, my kids love to have them read to them. You will find that Pa better listen to Ma when she has her heart set on something. You will meet their great Dog Pep, and how he can spell! You will be chuckling with many of the things that Mable and Sarah Jane seem to get into.
Be prepared for a few tissues, but also with a good many belly lau...more
Amber French
I enjoyed these books! I read Grandma's Attic when I was in middle school and loved it! I was excited at the opportunity to be able to read the stories again. I laughed at Mabel's experiences, wondering how one girl could find herself in so many "scrapes." I think the story about the face cream might be one of my favorites. I liked how the stories weren't super long, making them good for quick reads. I like everything about the books - really great reads!
Jael
I was asked to do children's story at church, so this was the beginning of my quest to find a story I could tell. I didn't end up using any of the stories from this book, but it was fun to revisit this favourite from childhood anyway.
Kaity-Jane Culbertson
CUTE book! I loved all the lessons taught through the cute stories -- already planning on sending these to a friend's family with little girls who will love these stories!
Courtney
I read part of this book on the plane to the Bahamas! And yesterday I picked up where I left off.It brought back memories...Huhhhhh!
My Mom read these books to me and my siblings one year. They are the best!
Elise
NOT to do things with out asking.
Johannes Kristian
Borrowed from Grandma.
Steve Mccloud
Steve Mccloud marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2014
Brittney Crook
Brittney Crook marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2014
Amanda Fox
Amanda Fox marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2014
Sarah added it
Sep 08, 2014
Pam Waldon
Pam Waldon marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2014
LaDonna
LaDonna is currently reading it
Aug 26, 2014
  • Mandie and the Ghost Bandits (Mandie, #3)
  • Rainbow Garden
  • Jesus in the Present Tense: The I AM Statements of Christ
  • The Fitting Room: Putting on the Character of Christ
  • Passport through Darkness: A True Story of Danger and Second Chances
  • Lazarus Awakening: Finding Your Place in the Heart of God
  • The Bridge (Bracken Trilogy, #1)
Arleta Richardson was an author, librarian, and a teacher. The Grandma's Attic series was her most well known series. She was born in Flint, MI, and served in World War II. She belonged to the Free Methodist Church.

More about Arleta Richardson...
In Grandma's Attic (Grandma's Attic, #1) More Stories from Grandma's Attic (Grandma's Attic, #2) Treasures from Grandma (Grandma's Attic, #4) Away from Home (Grandma's Attic, #5) A School of Her Own (Grandma's Attic)