Start by marking “More Stories from Grandma's Attic (Grandma's Attic, #2)” as Want to Read:
More Stories from Grandma's Attic (Grandma's Attic, #2)

More Stories from Grandma's Attic (Grandma's Attic #2)

4.15  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,313 Ratings  ·  27 Reviews
Stories to Love, Laugh, and Live By

If you are young enough to love a story;and just about everyone is and;here are more stories from Grandma's attic. Magical pieces of a day gone by . . . told by that natural storyteller of all loving families and;Grandma, the one who never forgets the fun and laughter of a simpler, perhaps richer time.

Stories of an old rag doll that seems
Published July 1st 1999 by Chariot Victor Pub (first published January 1st 1979)

To ask other readers questions about More Stories from Grandma's Attic, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about More Stories from Grandma's Attic

Heather
Nov 08, 2013 Heather rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013
Really good book that my boys greatly enjoy. Teaches lots of biblical lessons such as honesty and forgiveness in a way that is unforgettable.
Nicola Mansfield
Another wonderful wholesome book of stories about Grandma's memories of when she was a little girl on the farm back in the late 1800s in Michigan. Her age is not mentioned often this time around but six and nine years old are mentioned, with the majority of the stories taking place with her best friend Sarah Jane at around the age of nine. This makes the time frame compatible with book one. The short prelude stories of Grandma and Arleta have become a bit more involved and Arleta herself has bec ...more
May 28, 2011 Laura rated it it was amazing
Title: IN GRANDMA’S ATTIC
MORE STORIES FROM GRANDMA’S ATTIC
Author: Arleta Richardson
Publisher: David C. Cook
April 2011
ISBN: 978-0-7814-0379-5 (Book 1)
978-1-7814-0380-1 (Book 2)
Genre: Young adult/memoir

I remember these books well from the first time they were published, in 1974, when I was just a little girl, the age of one of my daughters. I loved this series back then, and I saved the original set for my daughters to read someday. Now they are back, in beautiful, colorful covers and black and
Maureen Timerman

Product Description
No one can tell a tale quite like Grandma. With her natural gift of storytelling, she recounts story after story from her childhood and life around the turn of the century. Her granddaughter listens intently to stories about an old rag doll that seems to come alive and a newborn goat dancing stiff-legged in the old farm kitchen. With the feeling of a simpler time, Grandma's entertaining sagas will captivate your children.

This is the second book in this delightful series. I ab
Ibjoy1953
May 27, 2011 Ibjoy1953 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Again, the author is telling more stories from the grandma she lived with in Michigan. Her grandma tells of things that happened in the cabin and the farm house she and her parents lived in, along with her two brothers. It seems that they had fun getting into a little trouble now and then. In this book, you will find sixteen more stories, treasures from her grandma’s attic as she calls it. These are of some of the things she and her brother got into as youngsters. In this one, there is a time an ...more
Cafelilybookreviews
Apr 09, 2011 Cafelilybookreviews rated it really liked it
The Grandma’s Attic Series by the late Arleta Richardson is a compilation of stories from a simpler time long ago that children of all ages will enjoy. Arleta took the stories she heard from her grandmother while she was growing up and put them onto paper for all to enjoy. Many of the stories have a moral to them and readers are invited to remember with Arleta, her favorite times of exploring Grandma’s old house and life on the farm in Michigan.

The way these are written and illustrated reminded
Linda Husvar
Oct 25, 2015 Linda Husvar rated it it was amazing
This book treated us to delightful tales "Grandma" shared with her granddaughter. I loved the Michigan farm setting for the faith-based life lessons from "Grandma's" childhood. We saw humor, mischief, and discovery related in her stories. I appreciated the time-honored truths shared in the stories. Recommended highly!
Sara
Charming and I n destructive second installment

This sweet and morally instructive little book is a joy to share with my kids (3, 4 & 6). Each stand alone chapter is engaging and entertaining.
Cheryl
Sep 25, 2011 Cheryl rated it really liked it
Grandma’s Attic series is a fun, enjoyable series that you will treasure. The first book in this series is In Grandma’s Attic. I read this book and More Stories from Grandma’s Attic. I liked hearing about how when Mabel was a little girl, just as much as Arleta did. What I loved the most about these books is that the stories did have lessons with them. All the mischief that Mabel got into was entertaining to read. Besides Mabel, it was fun to get to know the rest of the family…Pa, Ma, and her tw ...more
Sally Hannoush
Oct 26, 2015 Sally Hannoush rated it really liked it
I like the way the book was written in "flashbacks." It was nice to read about how things were in the past and the bonding of a grandmother and granddaughter. Life has changed a lot since then. God is in everyone's everyday life and praying was important daily. Tender lessons are learned from the "good ole days."
Karyn
Jan 31, 2015 Karyn rated it it was amazing
This series is really lovely! I am reading them to my kids and we all enjoy the fun stories Grandma tells about her childhood. Each one comes with a lesson that everyone can learn from.
Katy Foster
May 21, 2015 Katy Foster rated it really liked it
Richardson wove her whimsical stories with history, giving a clear picture of early American life. Each story kept all 3 children's attention. Fun to read!
Elizabeth Pruett
This book is full of short stories that are both interesting and uplifting. I love traveling back through time and generations with this series.
Marah
Aug 23, 2015 Marah rated it it was amazing
I have absolutely nothing bad to say about this series and I am a criticizer!!! ;)
Paula
Jun 22, 2014 Paula rated it it was amazing
I love this young reader series. Read them to my kids when they were little and every once in awhile I'll pick one up and read it again.
Amber Fuller
Jul 09, 2011 Amber Fuller rated it it was amazing
Shelves: juvenile-fiction
Perfect to read aloud to kids. We all enjoyed these stories from days gone by. Even though the perspective is that of a young girl, my 9 yr old son liked these just as much as my 6 yr old daughter. As a parent, I loved that each of the chapters tell a story that highlights a lesson learned during the course of a young girls' spirited childhood back in the olden days. The morals and character lessons still apply today. I hope to instill these kind of values in my own children. I'm thrilled that t ...more
Ashley Bowen
Apr 22, 2014 Ashley Bowen rated it really liked it
The series are so so funny!!! :)
Angel Murphy
Mar 19, 2016 Angel Murphy rated it it was amazing
So far very good book.
Elizabeth
Jul 23, 2014 Elizabeth rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: with-the-kids
I really love this series. This collection is really great. It was my first time reading it through with the kids, and although they are a bit on the young side for these stories, they were great to listen to as a family. I even have been using Mabel as an example when I discipline!

Some standout stories in this collection were "The Stranger" and "Grandma and the Slate." "Grandma's Day Off" is a great lesson and the one I have been trying to use in "teachable" moments with my little Mabel-like ga
Rachel
Nov 11, 2015 Rachel rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this author's writing style and the little snippets of character lessons that were included in each brief chapter or story. I highly recommend this book for lower elementary readers, and to be read to younger readers.
Cherie Durbin
Jan 27, 2011 Cherie Durbin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Christian families
Grandma has a story for everything and her granddaughter is more than willing to listen to Grandma's tales of mischief. Why? Because she knows there is a lesson to be learned in Grandma's recounting!

These wholesome stories by Arleta Richardson fit nicely into a Christian homeschool curriculum.
Kristine Hansen
We read this one for school and while my daughter enjoyed it, I found the stories rather preachy which to me detracted from the enjoyment. I might look at the other books in the series for the fun of it, but I don't feel a huge urgency to read the rest.
Alan
Jul 28, 2011 Alan rated it really liked it
Our three daughters loved the Grandma's attic books, enough to re-read them many times. And I enjoyed reading these to them. These books inspire me to pass along my stories to my children and (future) grandchildren.
Jaeger Matthias
Mar 08, 2012 Jaeger Matthias added it
Shelves: 2012
My Mom read these books to me and my siblings one year. They are the best!
Sushmitha
Dec 17, 2012 Sushmitha rated it liked it
short stories of the old times;
grandma sharing her memories~sweet
Suzanne
Sep 21, 2007 Suzanne rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: girls, but boys could enjoy it too
And another one from Grandma's Attic.
Jessica
Jessica rated it liked it
May 04, 2016
Clay
Clay marked it as to-read
May 03, 2016
Cyndi Thomas
Cyndi Thomas marked it as to-read
May 02, 2016
  • The Minstrel in the Tower
  • Peter the Great
  • The Toothpaste Millionaire
  • McBroom's Wonderful One-Acre Farm: Three Tall Tales
  • The Tanglewoods' Secret
  • What's Smaller Than a Pygmy Shrew?
  • "B" Is for Betsy
  • Mandie and the Forbidden Attic (Mandie Books, #4)
  • The Little Riders
  • The Apprentice
  • The Bears on Hemlock Mountain
  • Window on the World: When We Pray God Works
  • Prairie School
  • Betsy and Tacy Go Over the Big Hill (Betsy-Tacy, #3)
  • Tut's Mummy: Lost...and Found
  • Imprisoned in the Golden City
  • The Secret Valley (Trophy Chapter Book)
  • George Washington: Young Leader
Arleta Richardson was an author, librarian, and a teacher. The Grandma's Attic series was her most well known series. She was born in Flint, MI, and served in World War II. She belonged to the Free Methodist Church.

More about Arleta Richardson...

Grandma's Attic (10 books)
  • In Grandma's Attic (Grandma's Attic, #1)
  • Still More Stories from Grandma's Attic (Grandma's Attic, #3)
  • Treasures from Grandma (Grandma's Attic, #4)
  • Away from Home (Grandma's Attic, #5)
  • A School of Her Own (Grandma's Attic #6)
  • Wedding Bells Ahead (Grandma's Attic #7)
  • At Home in North Branch (Grandma's Attic #8)
  • New Faces, New Friends (Grandma's Attic #9)
  • Stories from the Growing Years (Grandma's Attic #10)

“Grandma laughed. “You’d be surprised. It’s awfully hard to dislike someone when you really pray for them. In fact the person you pray for could turn out to be one of your best friends.” 8 likes
“the” 0 likes