Start by marking “Saint Francis and the Wolf” as Want to Read:
Saint Francis and the Wolf

Saint Francis and the Wolf

3.59 of 5 stars 3.59  ·  rating details  ·  29 ratings  ·  4 reviews
Terrible wolf is terrorizing the town of Gubbia, and no one can stop him! First the townspeople send a brave knight. He never returns. Then they send an army of trained warriors. They get destroyed. Finally the townspeople send a great and mighty war machine, but even that can't stop the wolf. The villagers don't know what to do -- until Saint Francis visits the town and s ...more
Published September 27th 2005 by Laura Geringer Book (first published September 15th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Saint Francis and the Wolf, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Saint Francis and the Wolf

Arlene Allen
A charming retelling of one of the most famous "miracles" of Saint Francis, his relationship with Brother Wolf. The wolf is very scary (I love the picture of the wolf using a board from a destroyed home as a toothpick!) and Saint Francis very gentle, especially with children. There is really a statue of Saint Francis and Brother Wolf, even more lovely than the one depicted in the book.
Abby
I love the legend of St Francis and the wolf, but this adaptation is not as good as the other versions I have encountered. The illustrations are interesting, but they are a little violent and wolf is anthropomorphized in a strange way. In other words, this book might scare small children. I think you'd be better off reading the legend of the wolf here where it is a better story accompanied by some pretty great photo illustrations.
Malbadeen
Jul 16, 2007 Malbadeen rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: people that are desperatley searching for, not hideious books on semi-religious themes
Do you know how hard it is to find a kids book that deals with bible stories or religiousish stuff that is semi, sort of kind of quality...REALLY HARD! I like this one mostly for the illustrations (not too scary but kind of sort of scary) and the, be nice to every thing, don't resort to violence, try to get to know people message is good too.
Kelsey
Sep 10, 2012 Kelsey added it
Because of my faith background, I thought this was a wonderful way to weave the story of a saint into a child's fiction story to introduce them to St. Francis. I think that having more of a fictional (rather than fact) based story allows children to connect with the characters of the story in more depth.
Yoko
Yoko marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2015
Jean Jones
Jean Jones marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2015
Melissa Marie
Melissa Marie marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2014
Jose Gomes
Jose Gomes marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2014
Karina
Karina added it
May 09, 2013
Jon
Jon added it
Apr 11, 2013
The Gingerbread Boy The Sleepless Little Vampire Buz Captain Sky Blue Slim and Jim