Start by marking “Jane Brody's Guide to the Great Beyond: A Practical Primer to Help You and Your Loved Ones Prepare Medically, Legally, and Emotionally for the End of Life” as Want to Read:

3.97 of 5 stars 3.97  ·  rating details  ·  36 ratings  ·  8 reviews
From the beloved New York Times columnist, trusted authority on health, and bestselling author comes this complete guide to everything you need to know–emotionally, spiritually, and practically–to prepare for the end of life.

An invaluable road map to putting your affairs in order–or helping your loved ones do the same–this comprehensive book will answer every question you
Published February 17th 2009 by Random House (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Jane Brody's Guide to the Great Beyond, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jane Brody's Guide to the Great Beyond

Kathy Stone
Wow! I picked this book up solely because of its placement on the library shelf. I learned a lot about dying and preparing myself for the inevitable. There are many things one can do to make it easier on family when one is getting ready to pass into the next life. Give possessions away first. Write out a living will. Donate organs. Tragic deaths can and do happen. Get an autopsy.
Nancy
Excellent resource. Tremendous help to our family after my mother was diagnosed with terminal ovarian cancer and throughout her transition. Has the best form for end-of-life medical decisions (including the specificity necessary for effective DNR conditions) that I've ever run across, too.
Nancy
I wish this book had been around before my parents died. I also found it very helpful for me in planning/creating documents I need to have. And yesterday's death of Natasha Richardson reinforced the need to have end-of-life documents ready.
Debra
The financial advisory/author takles issues we'll all have to face someday. A great overview of many end-of-life topics with terrific suggested readings at the end of each chapter. I highly recommend this title.
Jen
A good reference book, but I wouldn't have picked this to read if I didn't have to for a class.
Benedette
A good, informative book that stirs up a lot of feelings. I have to be in the mood to read it.
Elaine
Everyone should probably read this book. It's not
something only for seniors!
Victoria
Recommend.
I even bought a copy!
Judy Baumgarten
Judy Baumgarten marked it as to-read
Oct 24, 2014
Lisa Jordn
Lisa Jordn marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2014
mark
mark marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2014
Lauri
Lauri marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2014
Emily Mintz
Emily Mintz marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2014
Joanne G.
Joanne G. marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2014
Krista Peterson
Krista Peterson marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2014
Harry Baggen
Harry Baggen is currently reading it
Dec 14, 2013
Salman Ali
Salman Ali marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2013
Karen
Karen marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Jane Ellen Brody writes a weekly column on personal health for the New York Times.
More about Jane E. Brody...
Jane Brody's Good Food Book: Living the High-Carbohydrate Way Jane Brody's Good Food Gourmet Jane Brody's Nutrition Book Jane Brody's Good Seafood Book Jane Brody's Good Food Book/Jane Brody's Good Food Gourmet/Boxed Set