Start by marking “Skin Deep” as Want to Read:
Skin Deep

Skin Deep

3.62 of 5 stars 3.62  ·  rating details  ·  176 ratings  ·  25 reviews
There's a fine line between pleasure and pain...

When she's kidnapped from the bar where she works, Nicky has to admit that she's strangely aroused. She always knew her possessive ex-lover Jackson Bledsoe, a notoriously famous tattoo artist, had a kinky side. But even for him, this was wild.

Jackson has his reasons. He and Nicky both share the same tattoo-a fallen angel tha...more
Published July 7th 2009 by NAL Trade (first published May 5th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Skin Deep, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Skin Deep

Bared to You by Sylvia DayThe Riding School by C.P. MandaraBound by Lucy PireelGabriella by Alan  HardyThe Happy Spinster by Karena Marie
Books to read instead of 50 Shades
133rd out of 424 books — 541 voters
The Sweet Gum Tree by Katherine AllredParadise by Judith McNaughtWild Card by Lora LeighAfter the Night by Linda HowardAny Man of Mine by Rachel Gibson
Best Reconciliation Romance Books
129th out of 223 books — 216 voters

More lists with this book...

Kelly
Yes that is a big 5 star rating for skin Deep!

I picked this one up at the bargain store yesterday starting reading last night and found I didn't want to put it down.

Jack is a hero that I love he is dominating, big guy with tats, hot, and so madly in love with Nicky!

Nicky has made some very poor decisions in her life and Jackson has come back just in time.

Yes it is a silly little "kidnapping" but I didn't care what brought them together I just wanted them together! They have sizzling chemistr...more
marlene
Jack and Nicky knew each other since they were kids. they were both part of the foster care system and places in an abusive home. Jack always looked out for and took care of Nicky. They came up with the plan that when Jack turned 18 he would go off and begin his career as a tattoo artist while waiting for Nicky to turn 18. then they would begin to build their life together.

on the eve of Jack's 18th birthday he and Nicky (16) got matching tattoos. a fallen angel that Jack's artist father had dre...more
Laurie Garrison

I didn’t know this book had BDSM when I bought it. As most of you know I can only take so much of this stuff. This book did test my boundaries, but I really liked it. It has spanking, handcuff, kidnapping, anal talk, clamps and more. I think the real reason I really like this book was because of the way it is written, it was on the mild side BDSM instead of just hard core BDSM and it was written more for romance. This is a very quick read with some twist and turns in it to keep you wanting to re...more
Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter
The book title and the cover was really promising. Unfortunately the book didn't live up to my expectations. It was just plain boring.

The storyline was weak and fell totally flat. I couldn't feel the chemistry between the characters. It was kind of "Wham Bam Thank You Mam..." Just because it is an erotic book doesn't mean the sex scenes should be a boring repetition. Sorry, this was just an indifferent read. Pity!
Booklover, Indianapolis
(June) This book was ok, but something was off about it. I didn't feel like we got to know the characters more than just on the surface. The sex was hot, but I found it hard to like the heroine (excuses aside, she was an idiot and a...well, not a bad mother but an irresponsible one)- and felt the ending was too pat (refering to what happens to the evil almost-ex husband).
Ashley Varney
Stephanie
Nov 10, 2010 Stephanie rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: lovers of lite BDSM
Recommended to Stephanie by: Holly
I borrowed this book from a friend, whew does she like a naughty story! LOL Well now so do I. I am not usually one for BDSM, but this book has just the right amount of kink in it! I would read more by this author.
Holly
This was an awesome book! If I could I'd have given it 4 1/2 stars!
Jenny Matzke
I only gave this book 2 stars because not only was it unrealistic (Jackson and Nicky are former foster siblings who end up both famous in their fields. What are the odds of that happening?) but also because the scenes that were supposed to be hot really grossed me out or I just couldn't stop shaking my head at the ridiculousness of it. First, of all, Jackson ends up calling Nicky's vagina "his pussy" and stakes a claim to it. Then they go back and forth for at least almost an entire page, her ca...more
Amy
The story was captivating, but the excuse for the story was stupid: a tattoo artist has the same tattoo on his body as the one he put on his ex-girlfriend. So he kidnaps her, so that he can change her tattoo and so it doesn't look the same as his. My question is? Why go to all the trouble to kidnap her and change her tattoo? Why didn't he just have his own changed? But I guess logical reasoning doesn't even enter into the thinking of most of the characters in this book.
Mhollie
This book took me forever to get through. I kept putting it down and trying to come back and finish it. After a while the, sex scenes were just a regurgitation of the same. BDSM Blah! She's a exotic dancer with a inferiority complex. Come on!...How the hell does that work...? She wants to be a submissive, but can’t keep her mouth shut long enough to actually be one. He’s a Tattoo Artist Dom who wants to remove a tattoo he did for her in high school, so he kidnaps her. Please! You know where this...more
Dorothy Shaw
I thought this was a great read. The love story that unfolds is wonderful. The main characters were in love with each other once when very young. When they are brought back together of course that old flame re-ignites with a twist. This book highlights a "sweeter" side of BDSM, sub and dom play. I have read some stories that were: OMG I cant believe I just read that! This book didn't have shock value which I felt was a good thing. It showed a side of the BDSM lifestyle that can exist between two...more
Danielle
Very Typical easy read for those lonely nights. It was sexy, it was loving, it was spicy and it was sweet all wrapped into the perfect man named Jackson. There was a very heartfelt back story with just enough to give the reader a reason to keep reading and the points of view from both characters showed the individual problems from both Nicky and Jackson to justify why they couldn't just have a happy ever after after five chapters. In short, simple, sweet and hot.
I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com)
I hate that this book didn't live up to my expectations...I really wanted to love it, but the wishy-washy H/h kind of irked me.

______________________________________________________________________

Menage Readers

Erotic Enchants
Lauren
I thought the story line for this book was just ok in the beginning. It was all kidnap ex- girlfriend and modify tattoo. and it was like that for the first 3 chapters. but after.... holy crap... hot scenes and the story just developed. I really enjoyed it. Nicky was doing the best she could to get her daughter back and Jackson... well jackson was hot.
Laura Hedrick
Mar 24, 2014 Laura Hedrick is currently reading it
So far I don't care for it, although it's easier "erotica" to read than Shades of Grey. Seems like it may be geared to a younger reader or a simpler mind. I will be glad to get it finished. My own imagination is better. To be fair, I'm only on chapter 7 as I write this.
Rayna
I was shocked at how much I really enjoyed this book! It was even more descriptive than 50 Shades and with better writing and a decent story. I enjoyed every minute. It was hot, and a short, easy read. Definitely would read it again!
Karen
3.5 stars. Liked it ok. Sounds like it should be dark, but it's not. There is an crazy ex husband, which could have added some excitement, but it didn't. It was enjoyable, but never quite got there.
Radio_Smitty
This book was really boring. I bought it on a whim at the B&N because it was discounted.

It just falls flat everywhere and its sooo cliche.

Ugh, nothing sexy about it either. Skip.
Attabey
Is Really good, though is not for every audience. I would not recomend this for under 14 or something. But it kept me hooked up until the last page :)
Milto  Psomas
Hot.

Certain scenes were read twice/thrice. :). Had my attention and imagination running
Tina
Sometimes I just need to read something that isn't too deep....this fit the bill. ha!
Jamie Rayburn
Just finished this book, highly recommend checking it out
Vanessa
3.5 stars... A very sexy book!
Lucy
Lucy marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2014
Kristen
Kristen marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2014
Mia
Mia marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2014
Robynn Anders
Robynn Anders marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2014
Rachel
Rachel marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2014
  • My One
  • Voyeur
  • Satisfaction Guaranteed
  • Bound to Please
  • Pleasure and Purpose (Order of Solace, #1)
  • Laced with Desire (Knights of the Board Room, #3)
  • Candy's Daddy
  • Bound by Honor: An Erotic Novel of Maid Marian (Seducing the Classics, #3)
  • Jane and the Sneaky Dom
  • Slave To Love
  • The Satin Sash
  • Beg Me
19819
Anna J. Evans started writing sexy books in her mid-twenties.

Within a year, Anna published her first books with Ellora's Cave and received her first Recommended Read. She has gone on to publish over a dozen books with Ellora's Cave, Samhain, NAL Heat, and Signet Eclipse.

These days, Anna divides her time between managing her pen names and her children (the children are generally more cooperative)....more
More about Anna J. Evans...
Shadow Marked (Demon Bound, #1) Demon Marked (Demon Bound, #2) Main Attraction (Perfectly Wicked, # 1) Devil Take Me Risking It All (Oh, Yum!)