Start by marking “Can You Hear the Music?” as Want to Read:
Can You Hear the Music?

Can You Hear the Music?

4.64 of 5 stars 4.64  ·  rating details  ·  11 ratings  ·  7 reviews
The year 1919 ended in tragedy for young Corey James. Her life is shattered when a car crash kills her beloved parents and she is forced to live with relatives she has never seen before. Her aunt is verbally and physically abusive until Corey has no recourse but to run away. Disguised as a boy and, with the help of an old hobo, she begins a journey that takes her on a seri ...more
Published December 28th 2003 by iUniverse

To ask other readers questions about Can You Hear the Music?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Can You Hear the Music?

Carol Smith
I won this book. And I thank the author for sending it to me although I live in Canada. Can you Hear the Music? was a wonderful story. I loved riding along on the trains with Andy and Corey. The author has such a way with description I felt like I was right there. I was thorougly enjoying the story until I came to the part where it leaped forward a number of years and Corey was grown up. I wanted to read more about her as a child and her adventures. But, as I kept reading I started to enjoy the ...more
Lisa Vandiver
Can You Hear The Music? This was an amazingly, wonderful story which touched me from the very beginning. I immediately fell in love with little Corie and wished I could have scooped her in my arms and rescued her and her little Muffin from her horrible Aunt Lizzy, slap Uncle George and scream,"Wake up, stupid!"

Enter Andy Curruthers. Despite being a bit grumpy,(which actually ended up being a loveable trait in him) steals my heart right away as he immediately begins caring for Corie and Muffin. A
Terri
An Unforgettable Read!
1st let me start by saying I read / listened to this book in audio format via audible.com. I listen to audiobooks whenever available over the print version as the audio has proper pronunciations, accents, & excitement in all the right places. Audiobooks tend to make us feel more emotions when reading / listening and we can do other things too while reading such as housework, driving etc...
This is truly a heart warming & unforgettable emotional story from the early
Byron Edgington
Here we have a runaway’s tale, the story of a young girl’s escape from the tyranny of a step-mother’s wrath in rural, early twentieth century America. Corey James loses both her parents in a tragic auto accident in 1919. Grudgingly adopted by her Uncle George and Aunt Lizzie, Corey leaves her warm, welcoming home behind and moves in with her relatives. Aunt Lizzie accepts the girl into her home, but she does so with much hesitation and at a great cost to Corey. Aunt Lizzie belittles the child (a ...more
Vicki
I fell in love with Corey right from the start. She went through so much in her short life. First she looses both parents and then was abused by the people who were supposed to care for her. Finally she’d had enough and ran away. And nothing was going to stop her. I loved Corey’s spunk and determination. Once she set her mind to do something, she’d let little interfere with it getting it done.

This is a wonderful book about her journey to freedom and the people she met along the way. It’s sad, it
Darbaby
As in Sandra's other books she has a very descriptive way of telling a story. I loved little Corey and Andy. You felt like you were on their adventure with them. I've seen the trailer for this book and thought it was so well done, I'm hoping they will make a movie of it!
Kathleen (Kat) Smith
"Listen, son, can you hear the music?"

"What music, Pa? I don't hear anything."

"Stand quiet and listen. Hear the wind singing through the trees, the birds whistling from the meadow and, if you listen really close, you can hear the brook laughing as it runs across the rocks and spills down the hill. That's the music I'm talking about...the music of life. No matter how big or important you may feel when you get older, I hope you will always take the time to stop and listen to that music."

"I don't u
Caron Allan
Caron Allan marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2014
J.E. Rogers
J.E. Rogers marked it as to-read
Oct 30, 2014
Laura Johnson
Laura Johnson marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2014
Linda
Linda marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2014
AudioBookReviewer
AudioBookReviewer marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2014
Allison Kohn
Allison Kohn marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2013
Steve Schmutz
Steve Schmutz marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2013
Linda
Linda marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2012
Audiobooks: Review for audio book 13 62 Sep 30, 2014 08:15AM
Audiobooks: Audio Book coupons 1 44 Jul 16, 2013 04:24AM
Born in Texas, Sandra Farris lived for a while in Los Angeles before finally settling in southeast Arizona. She attended a local community college where she continued her education and honed her writing skills.
Currently working on her fifth and sixth books, she is also a member and serves on the board of the Arizona Mystery Writers.

My book trailer for Can You Hear the Music? won best book trailer
More about Sandra Farris...
Memory of a Murder Obituary Column In Search of Alan Hawk Lady Ace Vernon House