Start by marking “Don Aslett's Clutter Free!: Finally and Forever” as Want to Read:
Don Aslett's Clutter Free!: Finally and Forever

Don Aslett's Clutter Free!: Finally and Forever

3.97  ·  Rating Details  ·  64 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
Presents personal stories of packrats and their fight with clutter, tips on how to identify junk, techniques for clearing clutter, and starter projects to begin the dejunking process.
Published January 1st 1995 by Betterway Books

To ask other readers questions about Don Aslett's Clutter Free!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Don Aslett's Clutter Free!

Hope
Mar 04, 2014 Hope rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
A really funny look at America's love affair with junk.
Edwina Hall Callan
Jan 15, 2014 Edwina Hall Callan rated it really liked it
This book will encourage you to think about the things you are saving and to ask yourself if you really need 50 empty cool whip bowls or those old ice cube trays when you have an ice maker in your fridge.
Mostly common sense stuff with some humor thrown in.
Nicole
Jun 05, 2008 Nicole rated it it was ok
Well, I read this book hoping to help me declutter and organize my life. Unfortunately what I found was a lot of stories, cute sayings, funny anecdotes and very little practical advice. Further more, the book itself was "cluttered". The pages were so packed of different fonts, little cartoon style pictures, different sized type that the book itself gave me a cluttered feeling. Other books on de-junking and organization suited me better with clean pages and actual photos where I could visualize.
Stacey
Mar 31, 2008 Stacey rated it it was ok
Shelves: home-improvement, imo
I preferred "Not For Packrats Only." Clutter Free was more of the same, lots of anecdotes, etc. I bought these books to help me de-junk, as I tend to be neatness challenged. While all of the stories were entertaining, they weren't very progressive when it came to MY project.

"Not For Packrats" was a little bit more informational. Aslett writes in a jokey style that is easy to read, and provides a little humor- sorely needed by people who have enough clutter to drive them to reading a book like t
Emily
Nov 01, 2010 Emily rated it really liked it
Just what I needed to hear--that I CAN get rid of my excess belongings. Don Aslett is like a cheerleader, offering encouragement and celebrating success.
Kathy
Nov 03, 2007 Kathy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: organizing
These are the greatest books on organizing I have ever read. They make you laugh at yourself and inspire you to get going on the clean up.
Mary
Jul 08, 2013 Mary added it
I love to read about others' struggles - and victories over the battle against clutter. It's encouraging and insightful.
Lynda
Aug 01, 2009 Lynda rated it liked it
A little too cutesy for me. If I were clutter free forever, I wouldn't keep buying these books.
Jenny
read in 2002
Magda
Feb 22, 2011 Magda rated it it was ok
Not enough how-to.
Crystal
Crystal marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2016
Gina Terrana
Gina Terrana rated it liked it
Mar 30, 2016
Lumosma
Lumosma rated it it was amazing
Mar 17, 2016
Sue
Sue rated it really liked it
Mar 02, 2016
Gina
Gina added it
Feb 17, 2016
Jeanette Meehan
Jeanette Meehan rated it it was amazing
Feb 13, 2016
Mary Compton
Mary Compton rated it it was ok
Jan 18, 2016
Tony Barbour
Tony Barbour marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2016
Ty Beard
Ty Beard rated it really liked it
Jan 03, 2016
Beth
Beth rated it it was amazing
Dec 31, 2015
Jackie
Jackie marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2016
Tracye
Tracye added it
Oct 13, 2015
Nancy
Nancy marked it as to-read
Oct 02, 2015
Heather Caley
Heather Caley marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2015
Eleanor H
Eleanor H marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2015
Lela
Lela rated it it was amazing
Jun 06, 2015
Richard Lowe Jr.
Richard Lowe Jr. rated it it was amazing
May 26, 2015
Heidi Holland
Heidi Holland marked it as to-read
May 13, 2015
Melanie Brewer
Melanie Brewer marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2015
Laura marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2015