Holy Man's Journey

Holy Man's Journey

3.99 of 5 stars 3.99  ·  rating details  ·  115 ratings  ·  14 reviews
The captivating and spiritually illuminating tales of the Holy Man continue in Susan Trott's wise and witty follow-up to her national bestseller. In The Holy Man's Journey, the beloved man on the mountain undertakes a pilgrimage of his own to find his old teacher. Accompanying him is his student successor, Anna, who learns life lessons along the way. Intimate and revealing...more
Published April 1st 1998 by Riverhead Trade

To ask other readers questions about Holy Man's Journey, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Holy Man's Journey

Colleen
Jul 25, 2007 Colleen rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Seekers of enlightenment
Although at times the pacing lagged, I enjoyed this book because it gave me a chance to think about the spiritual issues I've been considering recently. Refreshingly, it was a work of fiction with a parable feel. Each story concerning the Holy Man was a chance to see how values like awareness and compassion can fit into our daily lives.

Also, FYI, it's the perfect length book on tape for a roudntrip drive from Reno to Sacramento, with a stop at the In 'N Out in Auburn, of course.
Lucy
Wow! I thought "The Holy Man" was great, but this second book in the series really puts the finishing touches on the lessons presented in both books. Another MUST read! I'll warn you, though, if you loan these two books out, it is tough to get them back--people want to re-read them over and over again (as did I).
Eurydice Caldwell
Awesome little book that I will re-read as it is gentle and it's wisdom and truth profound. It has had a great significance in my life when I have chosen to see it's message and truly informed me. This is in my top 20 for sure as is the Holy Man
Sherie
What a disappointment after The Holy Man. Did her publisher press her to do this? Did she have an outstanding mortgage payment due? Just not up to her standards.
Frank
A bit more contrived in several ways than The Holy Man, but still an enjoyable read. Once again, the messages are simply presented but worth remembering.
Carly Johnson
Tried reading but had to get rid of it. This was so bland and so uninteresting compared to Trott's first one, The Holy Man. Poo.
Kelli
Jan 02, 2012 Kelli rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: ANYONE
Wonderful insight into what is important to people. Gentle philosophy by which to live.
Dennis
Must Read - 3
Important -1
Well-written - 5
Accessible - 5
Kept My Attention - 5
Kate Burgan
Also as beautiful as the first book, and another read for each year of my life.
Rone
A good sequel to the 1st book......continue the journey....
Donna Ippoliti
I loved the journey with Anna.
Teresa
Short, easy to read, very insightful
Valerie
The good stuff continues.
Nicole
Enlightening!
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2014
Marilyn Berry
Marilyn Berry marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2014
Liz Hietkamp
Liz Hietkamp marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
The Holy Man Sightings The Housewife and the Assassin Crane Spreads Wing: A Bigamist's Story The Holy Woman: Book Three of The Holy Man Trilogy