Start by marking “Dragons Of The Mind: Seven Fairy Tales” as Want to Read:
Dragons Of The Mind: Seven Fairy Tales

Dragons Of The Mind: Seven Fairy Tales

Our battles do not cover us with riches, with glory. We marry no princesses, gain no kingdoms. We wrap no monsters' tongues in silken handkerchiefs embroidered with the monogram of the beloved, take no trophies which, when later our claims are challenged, we can show the king as proof of our worth and thus gain the prize. The dragons we face are in the mind.." We never ...more
Published March 1st 2005 by Xlibris Corporation

To ask other readers questions about Dragons Of The Mind, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dragons Of The Mind

Stef
Nov 18, 2012 Stef rated it it was amazing
This collection of modern fairy-tale-inspired short stories is superb. I read it in one big gulp and couldn't put it down. The writing has a clarity and sweetness that's like drinking pure cold water when you're very thirsty.

Disclaimer: Katherine Lampe is a good friend. That means I approach her work in a positive frame of mind. But I'm also a demanding reader, and I wouldn't recommend her work if it didn't live up to my standards.
Michael Zimmerle
Nov 08, 2012 Michael Zimmerle rated it it was amazing
I love fairy tales. I love the adventure, the lessons, the quirks and the way that magic is simply part of the world. Many authors and screenwriters have taken on re-tellings of of classic fairy tales with mixed results. Lampe's work is some of the finest, most enjoyable I have ever had the pleasure to experience. Her re-tellings are insightful and fun and her original tales sound as if they are ages old. The voice of each story in this collection is unique and perfectly suited to the tale, a ...more
Leslie
Jun 07, 2011 Leslie rated it it was amazing
I found the stories to be imaginative and fascinating. I must admit that short stories are not usually my favorite format, but these won me over. A re-imagining of the "Puss in Boots" story was one of my favorites.
Justine Mae
Justine Mae rated it really liked it
Dec 07, 2013
Luther Siler
Luther Siler rated it really liked it
Apr 22, 2015
Katherine
Jan 31, 2009 Katherine rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Michael
Michael marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2009
Miriam
Miriam marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2011
Lourdes Menendez
Lourdes Menendez marked it as to-read
Nov 10, 2012
Jolie Johnson
Jolie Johnson marked it as to-read
Nov 10, 2012
Amy Merrill
Amy Merrill marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2012
Brianowilliams
Brianowilliams marked it as to-read
Nov 14, 2012
Cathy
Cathy added it
Nov 18, 2012
Brooke
Brooke marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2013
Paws2go
Paws2go marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2014
Tracey
Tracey marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2014
Isabeau
Isabeau marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2015
Molly Miller
Molly Miller marked it as to-read
Dec 31, 2015
Sheryl
Sheryl marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2016
Caitlyn
Caitlyn marked it as to-read
May 13, 2016
She remembers being in the woods one time with two others. Something about this frightened her, so she ran away. When she tripped over a rotten log, a large spider ran across it. She screamed, and the others laughed. Eventually, she made it back to the house.

She believes this happened at the lake house that was sold when she was three, but some have assured her that the house did not look like tha
More about Katherine Lampe...