Are We Having Fun Yet? --American Indian Fantasy Stories

Are We Having Fun Yet? --American Indian Fantasy Stories

3.67 of 5 stars 3.67  ·  rating details  ·  9 ratings  ·  3 reviews
Presents a collection of Native American fantasy tales, including The Undiscovered, The Scuttling, and Smoke..
Published May 10th 2002 by Wildside Press

Be the first to ask a question about Are We Having Fun Yet? --American Indian Fantasy Stories

Parallax
Short story collections are usually a mixed bag. Half of the stories were tedious or forgettable, while the other half were scathingly funny and left you food for thought. The dull ones were so blah I kept putting off finishing the rest, while the good ones were so good they were like a full meal unto itself. After finally finishing "Are We Having Fun Yet?", I am willing to look up Saunders' longer works in the hopes that they're like the good short stories.

The best ones of the bunch were:

*The...more
Deb
wonderfully inventive and rather sardonic fantasy stories by a Native American writer who doesn't pull punches or suffer fools gladly. Especially good story about Shakepeare in America as told by a Native American friend and one that responds to the kind of asshole who wants new immigrants to "go back where they came from" which, as viewed by a Native American, cam refer to most of us.
Sonia
Sonia marked it as to-read
May 21, 2014
Lissa
Lissa marked it as to-read
May 10, 2014
Gabrielle
Gabrielle marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2014
Mary Good
Mary Good marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2014
Sean O'neill
Sean O'neill marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2014
Maggie
Maggie marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2013
Tope
Tope marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2012
Veleda
Veleda marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2012
Susanna
Susanna marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2012
Dave
Dave marked it as to-read
Dec 20, 2011
Kelly Flanagan
Kelly Flanagan marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2010
Lynn
Lynn added it
Jan 07, 2010
Shanshad Whelan
Shanshad Whelan marked it as to-read
Nov 08, 2009
Tim
Tim marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2009
Joelle
Joelle marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2009
Colin
Colin marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2007
Qwo-Li
Qwo-Li marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2007
The Wild Blue and the Gray Journey to Fusang The Ballad of Bill Badass and the Rose of Turkestan East of the Sun and West of Fort Smith J.