Start by marking “Accidentally Were? (Huntingdawn, #1)” as Want to Read:
Accidentally Were? (Huntingdawn, #1)

Accidentally Were? (Huntingdawn #1)

Pearl Gordon wakes up after her first ever one-night stand to an empty bed, a plethora of love bites, and every stray canine in town serenading her bedroom window. Something's not right -- neither the dogs, nor the strange canine tooth marks in the middle of all the hickeys she now wears around her neck make any sense.

When her pal Shaun can't come up with any better excuse
Published November 20th 2007 by Loose Id, LLC (first published November 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Accidentally Were?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Accidentally Were?

Carolyn F.
Jun 14, 2011 Carolyn F. rated it it was amazing
Loved, loved this story. It was so cute and sexy. Great world building, loved the other characters. I'm definitely going to be reading more books by this author.

Pearl lets loose one night and is bitten by a were. She doesn't know this at first but can't figure out why all these dogs are following her around and leaving tapioca presents on her pants legs. Her friend tells her to go to a vet she knows that's also an MD. She goes and finds out or rather he finds out she's in heat and she's some so
Maura
Emily
Raised to uphold strong moral character and proper etiquette, Pearl can't believe she got wasted and ended up having a one night stand. What makes matter worse, the man bit her. Wanting to make sure she has not contracted anything contagious she goes to a Vet who quickly realizes she is his mate. How do you tell a prim and proper lady that she has just become a shifter and mate?

Cute story, Pearl is pretty funny as she tries to maintain her rigid standards, but when it seems that it was all for n
mlady_rebecca
One of those books that's a decent read, but ultimately forgettable.
Paranormal romance, heavy on the erotic aspect, light on plot. If it was a paperback, rather than an ebook, I'd throw it in the charity pile.

I liked the set-up better than the execution. A human woman who gets bitten by a Were (love bites during sex) and goes into heat before she has shifted, or even realized she's been changed.

The mixed "pack" of multiple Weres was a bit strange. As was the "being in heat" attracting Weres of
Debbie
Dec 01, 2014 Debbie rated it really liked it
This was my first read by Anne Douglas and I really enjoyed it. Pearl is a stiff straight-laced professional woman who, just once in her life, had a one-night-stand and was bitten by a Were. Well, her life was never the same after that night! She instantly goes into heat and has all the dogs in town sniffing at her. With the suggestion by her best friend she goes to see Rex, the vet/GP physician who is really a Were-bear and once he scents Pearl , Rex realizes she is his mate. This book had ...more
Netanella
Jul 18, 2009 Netanella rated it really liked it
A fun book - neither out loud belly laughs or quiet smirks at the witty banter between the lead couple - but cotton candy fun paranormal with explicit details. I would have enjoyed learning more about Pearl, as she went from Ms. Priss to She-Bear too easily to suite my fancy. The names were kinda hokey, too - Pearl with her pearls, Rex the alpha male, etc. Pearl's being related to the Grande Dame was just a little too coincidental as well, especially as how after she was introduced, her ...more
Judith
May 28, 2010 Judith rated it it was amazing
What a fun book!! The heroine is absolutely starched, stiff, straight-laced, thanks to her mother who was (unbeknownst to the heroine) a Were/human hybrid. Pearl was a 31 year old professional woman who, just once in her life, "blew off steam" with a one-night-stand, and her life was never the same. Meet Rex, the vet/GP physician who is really a Were-bear and who scents Pearl after her fateful night, and the hijinks never stop from then on. This is not a long book and it is not necessarily a ...more
Barbara ★
Shy librarian-type Pearl Gordon finally goes out on a date and wouldn't you know it, gets bitten by a were-creature. She instantly goes into heat and has all the dogs in town sniffing at her...er skirts. In desperation she heads to the local vet to see if he, Rex Dixon, has any ideas as to what the heck is going on. Low and behold, he's a were-creature too and immediately grabs her and hussles her out of town. The sparks fly, literally, and they are off and running.

This is a light-hearted romanc
Barbara
Dec 30, 2010 Barbara rated it really liked it
This story was absolutely adorable!

Straight-laced Pearl decides to hang out with the girls and "let loose" for one night. After lots of drinks, she wakes up the next day with hickeys that look like a canine bite and all the area dogs following her around. Going to see the local vet, Rex, in hopes he can tell her more about the bites, she finds that she's been bitten by a Were AND that she's in heat.

Rex has some secrets of his own and together they discover that things (and people) aren't always
Nicole
Oct 13, 2009 Nicole rated it really liked it
Shelves: e-books
Prim and proper lady is bit by a werewolf. Oops. She is claimed as a mate by the resident vet. Luckily, she is no pushover, but gives back as good as she gets. Well-written, though I didn't care as much about the Pack protocols. The romance was more interesting.
Andrea
Nov 11, 2012 Andrea rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Light story and quick read. It was ok, but not much to the plot. What was there was a little fluffy.
Jaclyn
Jan 23, 2012 Jaclyn rated it it was amazing
Shelves: series_challange
This was a fantastic book! I absolutely loved Pearl and Rex. I cannot wait to read the rest of this series!
Tina
Oct 25, 2015 Tina rated it really liked it
Shelves: shifters
Nice story line. Beginning and end were a bit abrupt, however I will chalk it up to writing style. Pic on front doesn't really match the heroine very well.
Denise
May 26, 2014 Denise rated it it was amazing
Loved this book. It was a really good read. Lots of funny parts to make it interesting. Will definitely be looking for more of this author's books.
Bungluna
Mar 03, 2014 Bungluna rated it liked it
Good premise that got a bit lost in the execution. Both hero and heroine were likable. Towards the end the piling on of coincidences and mystic stuff weighed the story down.
Rebecca
Feb 28, 2010 Rebecca rated it really liked it
To me this is a very good book with zero conflict which to me keeps it from being five star. A little more external conflict would have gone a long way...
Elke
Oct 26, 2011 Elke rated it it was ok
It was okay but I woudln't bother reading it again. I think werewolves and eroticism don't match in my head. It's not my genre but it was nice to try it out...
R
This was a fun read, some twists and turns, so glad there was a pt 2 of the series. I I was left wanting more
Tara
May 22, 2014 Tara rated it really liked it
It was a cute story. Thought it could have been developed more though and the ending was a little abrupt. Otherwise it was a good quick read. >_<
Darla Johnson
Feb 12, 2016 Darla Johnson rated it it was ok
Way too explicit and not enough story. That is saying a lot coming from me because if there is a shifter or vampire involved I'll try to read just about anything.
Jane Malan
Jane Malan rated it liked it
May 30, 2013
Suzanna
Suzanna rated it it was amazing
Sep 07, 2013
Courtney Alston
Courtney Alston rated it liked it
Jul 09, 2012
Alyson
Alyson rated it really liked it
Mar 01, 2012
Belinda White
Belinda White rated it really liked it
Jul 08, 2014
Rose
Rose rated it really liked it
May 15, 2015
Ange
Ange rated it liked it
Oct 10, 2014
Cassidy
Cassidy rated it it was ok
Mar 27, 2016
Pamela Kource
Pamela Kource rated it it was amazing
Jan 05, 2016
Pam
Pam rated it really liked it
Mar 29, 2013
Romance Novel Boo...: SOLVED - Searching for Bear Shifter Romance 6 27 Jul 26, 2015 01:42AM
  • Big Bad Wolf
  • His Teddy Bear
  • Vulfen Alpha's Mate (Vulfen Cadre, #1)
  • Mary and the Bear (True Mates, #2)
  • Alpha Turned
  • Yours, Mine and Howls (Werewolves in Love, #2)
  • Shifters' Captive (Magical Ménages, #1)
  • Blane (Blood and Sex, #3)
  • Can't Bear It (Greer #1)
  • Sharp Change (Black Meadow Pack, #1)
  • Cat's Cradle (Lords of the Were Universe, #12; Tales of the Were: String of Fate, #1)
  • To Trust a Wolf (Whispering Springs Werewolves, #1)
  • Wolf Flight (Granite Lake Wolves, #2)
  • Mating Claire (Sea Island Wolves, #1)
  • Meeka's Reluctant Mates (Beckett's Wolf Pack, Triad Mates #5)
  • Pack Territory (Were Chronicles, #3)
  • Loving Her (Keeping Her #2)
  • Keeping Pace
Anne started writing smutty stories in 2006 on the advice of her girlfriends who declared, “You’ve read so much of that stuff you should be able to write it in your sleep!” Turns out it wasn’t such a bad idea.

Not one to be shy, she jumped into the publishing pool with both feet and is now multi-published, as well as award nominated.

She’s a transplant, like most of the rest of Florida, although she
More about Anne Douglas...

Huntingdawn (2 books)
  • Witch Vamp Were?  (Huntingdawn,  #2)