Start by marking “The Karma Machine” as Want to Read:
The Karma Machine

The Karma Machine

2.25  ·  Rating Details  ·  8 Ratings  ·  3 Reviews
Do you want to be reborn? Do you want your mind wiped clean? Do you want to wake up with no name, no past, no hang-ups, and with the future lying empty and glorious before you? Do you want the chance to discover your ultimate potential and who you truly are?

You are invited to journey into the near-future to the island of Sukhavati where the most ancient spiritual wisdom o
285 pages
Published April 1977 by Popular LIbrary (first published 1975)

To ask other readers questions about The Karma Machine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Karma Machine

Ubik
Aug 24, 2012 Ubik rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone with an open mind
Why (prior to my rating), this had an average of 1.33 is inconceivable! Sure, maybe I liked it more than another might, but 1.33!?!? I will admit, like every novel, it has its flaws. In this case, a couple of plot holes (what SF doesnt?), some overreaching, definitely many typos and even some glaring grammatical errors(increasingly as you get through the book-twice they use 'loathe' instead of 'loath'), and some repetitiveness, but I found this book absolutely incredible in every (other) way. Th ...more
Fritze
Sep 12, 2014 Fritze rated it it was ok
I really wanted to love this book, instead I want to rewrite it.

The concept/premise of this novel is really cool! A society has figured out how to wipe personal memories while leaving the "technical" memories so that a person can be "reincarnated". They feel they are born a new person, yet retain knowledge of language, art, science, etc.

There is a distinct caste system, and you know there is something wrong going on in the society, so there is tension and plot.

Unfortunately, the style of writ
Dynila
Sep 24, 2014 Dynila rated it liked it
Shelves: sci-fi, 2014, religious
Archaic, due to the age of the book, but good, in its way. A dense read, and thought provoking. Glad I read it, though I wouldn't call it life-altering (despite the cover hype, lol).
Andrew Flach
Andrew Flach rated it did not like it
Mar 30, 2016
June
June marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2016
Max
Max marked it as to-read
Dec 24, 2015
Rto
Rto marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2014
Em
Em marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2013
Jeremy Seigle
Jeremy Seigle is currently reading it
Mar 15, 2013
Trevor
Trevor marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2013
Broc
Broc added it
Oct 24, 2011
Kimberly Carle
Kimberly Carle rated it it was ok
Aug 30, 2011
Anastasia
Anastasia rated it did not like it
Nov 19, 2011
Raymond
Raymond rated it liked it
Jun 29, 2011
Nick
Nick rated it did not like it
Nov 24, 2008
Librarian note:
There is more than one author in the GoodReads database with this name
More about Michael Davidson...