Start by marking “Sebastian Darke: Prince of Pirates (Sebastian Darke, #2)” as Want to Read:
Sebastian Darke: Prince of Pirates (Sebastian Darke, #2)

Sebastian Darke: Prince of Pirates (Sebastian Darke #2)

3.65 of 5 stars 3.65  ·  rating details  ·  268 ratings  ·  31 reviews
Sebastian Darke, his opinionated buffalope, Max, and the fierce fighter Cornelius are heading to the bustling port of Ramalat to embark on a perilous sea journey. They are ready to risk their lives in search of the fabled lost treasure of the pirate King, Captain Callinestra. But first, they must make it through the dark and mysterious forest of Geltane and
survive an encou
Published April 14th 2009 by Delacorte Books for Young Readers (first published February 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Sebastian Darke, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sebastian Darke

Stef Rozitis
It was ok, reminiscent of Geoffrey McSkimming. Plenty of jokes and mucking around and dialogue that is supposed to be witty. The female characters are active and capable but all beautiful and all sexualised in reference to the main character (yawn of tedium). I would love a book like this with female characters that were equally active and capable but not attracted to or attractive to the main character and not always descibed so much in terms of beauty and slimness.

It didn't suck. Read it if yo
Hazel West
Thoughts on the Overall Book: I thought it was a good book, it wasn't great, but it wasn't the worse thing I have read either and I did enjoy it. It was a classic adventure story, and if it was a bit cliché, than that is just typical of the genre, so I'm okay with that.

Characters: Sebastian, Cornelius and Max are a fun trio, and again typical of the adventure genre. I enjoyed their banter and how they interacted with each other. I also liked Jenna a lot, though I was afraid she was going to be o
J.M. Cornwell
A motley crew of adventurers on the trail of hidden pirate treasure and danger.

Sebastian Darke is a half-elf, half-human whose father bequeathed him the family business: itinerate Prince of Fools. Sebastian unfortunately has no talent for jokes or juggling, as his last job proved, but he does have a talent for getting in the way of trouble.

Heart-broken and on the way to Ramalat to hire a ship to take him, his cantankerous buffalope, Max, and the fierce Golmiran warrior, Cornelius, to sea to fi
Yunita1987
Akhirnya buku Sebastian Dark kelar juga dibaca, sepertinya butuh waktu yang lama untuk membaca buku ini. aku bingung apakah karena ceritanya yang gak terlalu menarik perhatianku atau karena niat membaca sedang berkurang..hehehe..

Buku ini ternyata buku lanjutan alias buku kedua. Tapi sepertinya setiap buku memiliki pertualangan yang berbeda sehingga jangan khawatir kalau belum membaca buku pertama tapi sudah membaca buku keduanya, seperti aku ini,,hehehe

Dibuku ini, Sebastian bersama dengan teman
*Queen Diva*
Actual rating: 3.5 stars

I really am enjoying these books. Sebastian is still sort of nerdy, though I also wonder how all the ladies swoon over him (like Cornelius wonders). Oh well, guess he has some sort of charm the women pick up on ;)

I really wish Jenna had a different name because it doesn't really fit her character. I can't decide what her name should be (unusual for me in these sort of situations) but I didn't think Jenna fit her at all.

The ending surprised me a bit. I was expecting somet
Ira Book Lover
Suka...petualangan lautnya keren. Meskipun si Sebastian Darke ini tampaknya bukan tipe pahlawan favorit saya. Lemah terhadap wanita dan perlu banyak keberuntungan. Tapi saya suka sama sifat Sebastian yang sangat menyanyangi Max.

Di sini Sebastian, Cornellius dan Max berpetualang mencari harta karun di sebuah pulau terpencil. Masalah pertama mereka temui saat melewati hutan dimana ada penyihir wanita cantik yang jahat. Masalah berikutnya terjadi di lautan di mana dengan kapal Sea Witch yang dikapt
Ala
This book was slightly better than the first one, although I'm not sure I liked tge ending as much. The witch's character seemed like an afterthought, even though she was present at the beginning. It added a little tension, but she should have been treated differently, ie. as more of a main character. I still love the main characters, despite their few flaws. I also love that in each book (so far) there is a strong female character. I found that somewhat lacking in the books I read as a kid, the ...more
Rulana Abidi
The path of danger and adventure that Sebastian has chosen gets entangled with pirates.
Mw12004735
Only a quarter through the book and I'm gripped tight to what will happen next.
Ang
The best of the three books, nicely paced with a pleasing humourous tone. Also loved the light-hearted and detailed illustrations by Julek Heller too.
Heather
I REALLY enjoyed this one, actually more than the first. I was trying to decide if I would simply recommend this one to a friend or if I would say read them both. I think read them both, because then the characters' relationships and personal motivations and group dynamic will make more sense. But the plot in this one was much funnier to me, and I really liked it. The characters are absolutely hilarious and really feed off of each other really well. I will be recommending this one!
Sara
Another fun installment in what appears to be the many careers of Sebastian Darke. In this one, he trades in his jester's hat for a tri-corn pirate's hat in search of a mythical treasure across the seas. The problem is, he and his friends are now plagued by a witch who has bespelled him and dogs their heels, throwing roadblocks in their way at every turn. Silliness and body humor included, this was a fun read that would appeal to both boys and girls, I think.
Michael
Sebastian Darke is back in another humorous and epic adventure, with his pint-sized warrior buddy, and his morose talking buffalope. This time he is trading in his jester’s cap for a sword and taking on huge snakes, enchantresses, sea monsters, and blood thirsty pirates. Anchors away with Philip Caveney’s “Sebastian Darke: Prince of Pirates”.
Bima Riswanta
as Phil read this book (and other couple books) for his son, then it's good for kiddies. but the humour lies within is fair enough for mid-adult reader. really nice cut from a thriller-based-writer !!??..

@_@
Zara KillingRomance1112
Also diese Frauengeschichten lassen mein Herz bluten.
Das Buch verflog wieder, aber ich persönlich brauche eine Pause bevor ich mir den dritten Band besorge und lese.

Immernoch gut für Zwischendurch.
Wahyu Nurasman
unnn....

okay...not as good as before..but still exciting to read the nest one.
new adventure, new friend and new love (?). LOL

so i think he'll have the third girlfriend on the next book
Subastian
Cerita petualangan yang seru dan kocak dengan bumbu ketegangan yang menghibur dengan Tuan Darke, tetap sebagai karakternya sang pangeran patah hati.
Boogle
The second in the series, I thought it captured my interest well, and I loved all the twists and new findings as the book goes on.
Gareth Campbell
Not entirely sure the witch even needed to be a part of this, only seemed to serve as an annoyance, not to Sebastion, but to me.
Merel
Stopped reading when I read about half the book. In my opinion, nothing really happens in the book. It's a little bit boring.
ayanapunya
harus diakui kehadiran max memberi sentuhan tersendiri pada cerita ini
Hobby

more about this book, just check my review at here :
( still in progress )
Susanti Priyandari
lebih seru dari buku satu, dan Sebastian Darke mulai menemukan jati dirinya ;-)
Adhe
Di buku ke dua ini kisah petualangannya lbh seru dr buku pertamanya.
Ian
Kocak aja sih, walo rata2 kejutan ny ud kliatan hehehehhe
Jenn
Witty and clever adventure story.
andayan_ni
friendship and more adventures.. ;)
Alex
really good.
  • Samuel Blink and the Runaway Troll
  • Drawing a Blank: Or How I Tried to Solve a Mystery, End a Feud, and Land the Girl of My Dreams
  • Pirate Emperor (The Wave Walkers, #2)
  • Stealing Death
  • Angel Isle (The Ropemaker, #2)
  • The God of Mischief
  • Cyndere's Midnight (The Auralia Thread, #2)
  • Landon Snow and the Auctor's Riddle (Landon Snow, #1)
  • The Feckin' Book of Everything Irish: A Gansey-Load of Deadly Craic for Cute Hoors and Bowsies
  • The TOON Treasury of Classic Children's Comics
  • The Man on the Ceiling
  • Auschwitz
  • World's End (Phoenix Rising, #3)
  • The Ratastrophe Catastrophe (The Illmoor Chronicles, #1)
  • Timecurse (Darkside, #4)
  • Never Trust a Dead Man
  • No Other Story (Whole Nother Story, #3)
  • You've Got Blackmail
Philip Caveney was born in North Wales in 1951. The son of an RAF officer, he spent much of his childhood travelling the length and breadth of Britain and spent several years in Malaysia and Singapore.

He attended the Kelsterton College Of Art where he obtained a diploma in Graphic Design. Whilst there, he became drummer (and latterly vocalist) with rock band, Hieronymus Bosch.

After leaving college
More about Philip Caveney...

Sebastian Darke (3 books)
  • Prince of Fools (Sebastian Darke, #1)
  • Sebastian Darke: Prince of Explorers (Sebastian Darke, #3)
Prince of Fools (Sebastian Darke, #1) Sebastian Darke: Prince of Explorers (Sebastian Darke, #3) The Sins of Rachel Ellis Crow Boy The Eye of the Serpent (Alec Devlin, #1)