Start by marking “Mom, Will This Chicken Give Me Man Boobs?: My Confused, Guilt-Ridden and Stressful Struggle to Raise a Green Family” as Want to Read:

After moving to ultra-eco-conscious Vancouver, Robyn Harding vows to decrease the size of her family’s carbon footprint. Ten-year-old Ethan worries about getting moobs from hormones in the food supply, so Robyn commits to buying organic. She quickly discovers that to keep the family in organic milk, she’ll have to sell a kidney. Then, eight-year-old Tegan becomes obsessed ...more
Published April 1st 2009 by Greystone Books (first published March 15th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Mom, Will This Chicken Give Me Man Boobs?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mom, Will This Chicken Give Me Man Boobs?

Tofu Fairy
Sep 17, 2011 Tofu Fairy rated it it was amazing
OMG so freaking funny and so true. I don't even have kids and could relate to this book! If you are a greenie and have struggled to get there and stay there, this book is LOL funny! Must read!
Spuddie
Dec 31, 2011 Spuddie rated it it was ok
Autobiographical account of the struggles of a whiny Canadian woman with trying to be "green" and live an eco-friendly life. I guess I was just expecting more hints and tips--or even some real INFORMATION about living a green life rather than just a long-winded justification as to why she didn't/couldn't/wouldn't do certain 'green' things. She tried to be funny, but the humor was forced and most of the time didn't even elicit a smile from me. She mostly sounded like a spoiled brat whose sole pur ...more
Angela
Mar 20, 2010 Angela rated it liked it
Shelves: 2011-books
This was a quick, entertaining book. I could relate to some of her concerns, such as with diary and skin products. I would recommend this to any mom who ever has had concerns about the environment, organic food, or parabens. If you don't know what parabens are, this book is not for you.
Lisa
Sep 20, 2009 Lisa rated it really liked it
This book was so funny! True and blue environmentalist will not like this book but I thought it was so funny. I too suddenly realized my environmental choices were not always the "right" ones and there are too many comical choices out there.
Rachelle
Oct 07, 2011 Rachelle rated it liked it
The title is very self-explanatory. A non-fiction, journal-like version of a woman's attempt to be as green as possible, and her successes and failures along the way. Probably most well-liked by women with young kids who need some VERY light, sometimes humorous reading.
Pamela
Sep 26, 2011 Pamela rated it really liked it
This woman is funny! She is trying to make the most healthy and "green" choices for her family, but is realistic in the process of how much she is willing to spend and do. It made me laugh more than once. Good book.
R
Dec 14, 2010 R rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
hopefully review in the spotlight!
Heather Perry
Heather Perry rated it it was ok
May 16, 2011
Jessica
Jessica rated it really liked it
Aug 07, 2009
Samantha
Samantha rated it it was ok
Nov 11, 2009
Maryla
Maryla rated it it was amazing
Dec 27, 2012
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it it was amazing
Jul 25, 2012
Angeline
Angeline rated it liked it
Nov 01, 2012
Shannon
Shannon rated it liked it
Jan 13, 2016
Carrie
Carrie rated it really liked it
Apr 07, 2013
maddi1134
maddi1134 rated it did not like it
May 22, 2013
Cheryl
Cheryl rated it really liked it
Dec 03, 2012
Jenny Stoldt
Jenny Stoldt rated it it was amazing
Sep 10, 2015
Marie-France
Marie-France rated it really liked it
May 22, 2012
Judith
Judith rated it really liked it
Jun 24, 2012
Marcia
Marcia rated it liked it
Jun 05, 2013
Laura Macintosh
Laura Macintosh rated it really liked it
Jul 10, 2012
Tia
Tia rated it it was ok
Dec 31, 2009
Ig-88
Ig-88 rated it it was amazing
Feb 21, 2017
Tanya
Tanya rated it really liked it
Aug 06, 2010
Sarah Armstrong
Sarah Armstrong rated it really liked it
Jan 01, 2015
D
D rated it liked it
Jan 03, 2014
Pamela
Pamela rated it really liked it
Jul 18, 2013
Meredith
Meredith rated it it was amazing
Mar 11, 2010
Robyn Harding is the author of several books and has written and executive produced an independent film. She lives in Vancouver, BC with her husband and two children.

To learn more about Robyn's books visit: http://www.robynharding.com. Or follow her on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AuthorRobynH...

More about Robyn Harding...