Start by marking “Sanctuary Lost (Red Rock Pass, #2)” as Want to Read:
Sanctuary Lost (Red Rock Pass, #2)

Read Excerpt

Sanctuary Lost (Red Rock Pass #2)

3.86  ·  Rating Details  ·  678 Ratings  ·  42 Reviews
She s ready to fight at his side. He s fighting for the strength to let her go.

Red Rock Pass, Book 2

If there s one thing that Brynn Adler hates, it s feeling helpless and vulnerable in unfamiliar territory. Three weeks ago, life tossed her into just such a world. A world of werewolves she never knew existed until she found out her sister was one of them.

The pack seems dete
Published June 9th 2009 by Samhain Publishing Ltd

To ask other readers questions about Sanctuary Lost, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sanctuary Lost

Maria
May 19, 2012 Maria rated it really liked it
Shelves: magic, werewolves
Another very good story in the Red Rock Pass series by Moira Rogers ! “Sanctuary Lost” is a very interesting read about werewolves. With a lot of romance and adventure, it will be a nice and safe choice for all the fans of paranormal romance. I have to say that this book is more dark than the previous, because it has more tough choices and many uncomfortable scenes for the main characters.

The story is about Brynn and Joe. Brynn’s sister is Abby the main character from the previous story in this
Mandi Schreiner
Apr 22, 2010 Mandi Schreiner rated it really liked it
Why I read: Loved book one!

Favorite Quote: “I’m not as wholesome as my sister.”
”Thank God for that,” he told her, his voice low and solemn. “I like my women a little kinky.”

The second book in this series picks up right where book one, Cry Sanctuary left off. Brynn was kidnapped by an evil alpha, Alan Matthews as a repercussion for her sister Abby escaping after he turned her into a wolf. Abby, her mate Keith and another alpha Joe rescue Brynn in book one. Now Brynn, still a human, is living
Jessie Collins
Feb 06, 2016 Jessie Collins rated it it was amazing
Continuation of Red Rock Pass Series, this story tells about Brynn Adler sister of Abby, and Joe Mitchell enforcer for Gavin and Sam. It centers around Brynn’s rescue from bastard alpha Alan Mathew’s pack in Helena just up the road. The corrupt alpha has sent a message to Abby. I’ve got your sister. Abby and Keith set out to rescue Brynn with the help of Joe but they meet one challenge after another. Joe and Brynn are drawn to each other from the get go. But each has baggage that weigh down the ...more
Mary: Harry Dresden's Love Slave
This was pretty good. I have a problem with Brynn saying multiples times that she wants to get kinky and then they don't get kinky. The sex scenes were pretty vanilla. But I like the series and the world set-up. I'll read more of the series.
Cruth
Jun 26, 2016 Cruth rated it really liked it
A month ago she didn't know they existed. Now she thinks the only way to survive is to become one of them. Can she do it and still keep her humanity and sense of self?

Book 2 of the "Red Rock Pass" series. Book 1 [[ASIN:B001RV3ON6 Cry Sanctuary]] . Book 3 "Sanctuary's Price".
Books 1&2 available in paperback as "Sanctuary".

Plot:
Brynn reasons being changed into a wolf will at least allow her to *survive* whatever the Bad Wolves choose to throw at her next. But with turning come consequences, an
Dorri
Jul 11, 2010 Dorri rated it liked it
Shelves: smut
The second book in the Red Rock Pass series is a solid story by the duo that is Moira Rogers.

After surviving being brutalized by the mad Alpha, Matthews, all Brynn is doing is trying to survive in the world of werewolves that she suddenly finds herself thrust into. For her own safety, she finds herself living in Red Rock with her sister, Abby, a newly turned wereolf. Things get complicated when the sanctuary is attacked and Brynn, being human, is forced to flee the fight. Even as she runs to Joe
Larissa
May 09, 2010 Larissa rated it really liked it
Shelves: to-review
Review of both Cry Sanctuary and Sanctuary Lost!

*4 & 1/2 starts out of 5!

It’s a well known fact that i have a penchant for alpha males, specially the shape shifting type. So, Moira Rogers’s Red Rock Pass series is right up my alley and I have to say I loved it.

Sanctuary is actually two stories in one book. Cry Sanctuary and Sanctuary Lost both came out before in ebook version and now they have been put together and are coming out in one print volume.

The modern world and society are hell on w
Christie
Apr 19, 2010 Christie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2010
I enjoyed the second installment of the Red Rock Pass series even more than the first. When I first started reading I didn’t think I could love Joe more than Keith. Was I ever wrong! His sense of humor did me in. There is just something about a guy who is sexy and can make me laugh. Present me with that combo and I’m a goner.

Sanctuary Lost is Brynn and Joe’s story. Brynn is a law student who finds herself immersed in werewolf drama after she is kidnapped by a psychotic alpha. Brynn is young, sa
Caroline The HEA Lover
May 06, 2010 Caroline The HEA Lover rated it it was amazing
(This was originally published on Book Lovers Inc)

We meet Brynn and Joe in the first book. Sanctuary Lost takes place a few weeks after the end of Cry Sanctuary and we are thrown into the action from page 1! Brynn is human and she feels helpless, she’s worried the alpha from Helena will find a way to take her back and change her in order to torture her endlessly. Brynn wants to be able to fight, she wants to become a werewolf, but this decision is not only hers to make. Joe is worried this hasty
Sandy M
Jul 27, 2011 Sandy M rated it it was amazing
I’ve been in a shifter mood lately and what better way to feed that mood than to read a Red Rock Pass book by Moira Rogers. I’ve been anticipating this book since I read and reviewed the first book in the series, Cry Sanctuary, last year. Not only do we get a new romance in this book, but we also get to catch up with all those previous characters. And instead of slaking my hunger for shifters, SL only made me want more.

Joe Mitchell is a Guide, one who helps newly turned wolves through their jour
Tiffany Danner
Jun 09, 2010 Tiffany Danner rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2010-reads
Series Review:

I <3 this series. Each installment is between 125-160 pages but Moira Rogers packs so much story into those few pages I never feel shorted or left wanting. Each book seamlessly continues the story of the Red Rock Pass sanctuary while delivering an engaging romantic story. I love the friendship and loyalty each character brings to the story, but even more than that I love that we never really say goodbye to any of the characters. Each book may focus on a new couple, but previous
Steph
Jan 26, 2012 Steph rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-read
Red Rock is being repeatedly attacked by Mathews and his minnions. He is furious about losing his potential Alpha female Abby and is desperate to get his revenge on Abby or any person she has ever cared about.
Joe and Brynn are the hero and heroine of this story. Brynn was being used as leverage by Mathews (in the previous book) to get to Abby. Keith, Abby and Joe went in to retrieve her. Joe was the one to save her and Brynn has had a bit of a soft spot for him since.
Again the humour in thi
Kelly
Jun 29, 2010 Kelly rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2010
Where I felt that the first book in the series left me wanting more in the way of werewolf mythology, this one gave it to me and gave it to me hard. Picking up Brynn's story after she was rescued from the mad Alpha's grasp, she's now living in Red Rock, trying to learn all about this new world she's been thrust into. However, Alan Matthews isn't dead and he keeps sending his wolves into Red Rock to try to capture both Brynn and Abby. Joe, the Alpha wolf who rescued her, can barely keep his hands ...more
Shiran
Feb 13, 2012 Shiran rated it really liked it
Red Rock is under attack by Alan Matthews, an evil alpha from the small town of Helana. He is pissed that he lost his alpha female Abby and he is going after her loved ones to get her back. Brynn is not an alpha but she is still strong and when Matthews tries to use her to get to Abby she will not give in.

This is book 2 in the Red Rock Pass series and like the first book I enjoyed the story and history of the wolves. I also loved the characters in this book. I liked that Brynn wasn't an alpha b
Claire
Markedly improved from the first in the series - much better world building, character interactions and dialogue. I liked Brynn and Joe together, and it was nice to see Dylan get his moment to shine near the end.

I bought the series when it was on sale for .99 cents for each book, so expect reviews (such as they are) for books #3 and #4 coming soon!
Charlotte Skibicki
Couldn't put down!

Great continuation in the Red Rock Pass series. Brynn might not be an alpha but she is still a strong woman learning to deal with her new reality.
Darcy
Nov 28, 2013 Darcy rated it it was ok
Shelves: e-book, pnr, shifters, 2013
With the last book I wondered if Brynn would need/want to make the choice that she was thinking about in this book. I think it would be awkward to be the human among all werewolves. I thought that Brynn's way of thinking was right, not just knee jerk reaction.

I did get tired of how Joe hemmed and hawed about things with Brynn. Instead of comforting Brynn, his words made her more anxious. I did like how everyone was trying to give advice to Joe, too bad he didn't take it.

I was surprised by the ba
Psycgirl
May 15, 2016 Psycgirl rated it liked it
3.5 stars. Great world building. Really liked the couple and enjoyed the story a lot. Will continue with the next in the series.
SheLove2Read
Aug 05, 2010 SheLove2Read rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2010
I didn't enjoy this one as much as Cry Sanctuary. Brynn was whiny and had issues with control that just seemed far fetched. I thought she was wasted on Joe, who deserved a much better female to bond with. I would only recommend this to someone who is reading the series, as there are a few things that arc in this book and foreshadow events to come.
Cheryl
Feb 28, 2012 Cheryl rated it liked it
Shelves: paranormal, 2012
I like Moira Rogers' Southern Arcana series, which led to my reading both this book and the preceding one in this series, Cry Sanctuary. Both are quick, easy reads with characters that I *could* be drawn to, but both books are underdeveloped and end far too quickly.
Wendy coling ( trowbridge)
Bryanny is saved by Joe and turn of events the alpha after her sister..... sends someone to hurt her again to hurt her sister cause he can't have her. Bryanny is hurt badly so she's changed on as full moon. Joe's her guide has to help her as she more feral than the normal wolf turned. Wholesaling for her. She falling for him. Good story. Love Abigail and Keith. These too and lovely too......their alpha are great and like match makers.
Liz B
Sep 04, 2011 Liz B rated it liked it
Very enjoyable indeed, especially for such a short novel. The worldbuilding is solid, and if I found the impending werewolf war more interesting than the romance--well, that just means that this is more on the Patricia Briggs side of urban fantasy/ romance.

I really liked the heroine--damaged, yet strong--and not, thank goodness, yet another alpha.
Holly
Jul 14, 2009 Holly rated it liked it
I didn't enjoy this one as much as the first, though I did like it. I had issues with the secondary characters. But I think it's b/c I was so in tune with the heroine. So..probably the author did a good job. I'll have to think a little more before writing a full review.
Tara Cadenelli
Jun 11, 2009 Tara Cadenelli rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance-erotica
i don't know why, but i really dig these werewolf stories. especially the ones in series, where you get to revisit characters from previous books. also like the blend of my two fave types of escapist reading: romance/erotica & mystery/thriller. highly enjoyable.
Brenda
May 29, 2011 Brenda rated it really liked it
This book takes up immediately after Cry Santuary, so we not only get to read the story of Joe and Brynn, but the other characters' stories continue too. I really enjoy the way the authors do this in the series-
Ashley Kannenberg
Aug 04, 2011 Ashley Kannenberg rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed, own-ebook
i think i prefer keith and abby brynn is way to whiny her sister just wants to help and all she can focus on is how she wishes her sister wouldn't help grr but i was glad about the end of the book he so had it coming
Aria
Nov 30, 2010 Aria rated it really liked it
There is a part of me that wishes I were a fly on the wall as Moira Rogers (both of 'em) creates this seriously action packed yet intimate world. Really badly...
Styles
May 18, 2010 Styles rated it it was ok
I presume you know what the book is about. I'm letting you know what I liked or disliked about it.

I'm hesitant to recommend this book.
Michelle the Romance Witch
May 22, 2011 Michelle the Romance Witch rated it really liked it
pretty good werewolf story and wrapped up much better than the first one... I seriously enjoyed this one... hope the serious continues past book 4
Anne
Feb 04, 2013 Anne rated it really liked it
Shelves: z2013-bir
I enjoyed this story. Lots of action, some good relationship building, and it moved the story arc along very nicely.
  • Wolf Line (Granite Lake Wolves, #5)
  • Asmodeus (Fallen Angel, #2)
  • Cabin Fever
  • Skin Tight (Skin, #2)
  • To Challenge A Dragon (Dragon Kin, #1)
  • Foxy Lady (Cougar Falls, #3)
  • Running With the Pack (Cannon Pack, #3)
  • Ready to Run (Werewolves in Love, #3)
  • Seduced by the Wolf (Heart of the Wolf, #5)
  • No Prince Charming (Grimm's Circle, #2)
  • The Fallen Queen (The House of Arkhangel'sk, #1)
  • Lycan Lust (Lycan, #2)
  • Wolf's Valentine (Westervelt Wolves, #3.5)
  • Deal with the Devil
  • Steel Beauty (Halle Pumas, #4; Poconos Pack, #0.5)
How do you make a Moira Rogers? Take a former forensic science and nursing student obsessed with paranormal romance and add a computer programmer with a passion for gritty urban fantasy. Toss in a dash of whimsy and a lot of caffeine, and enjoy with a side of chocolate by the light of the full moon.

By day, Bree and Donna are mild-mannered ladies who reside in the Deep South. At night, when their h
More about Moira Rogers...

Red Rock Pass (4 books)
  • Cry Sanctuary (Red Rock Pass, #1)
  • Sanctuary's Price (Red Rock Pass, #3)
  • Sanctuary Unbound (Red Rock Pass, #4)

“I’m one hell of a public speaker, baby. I’m going to let them see the pain, but if you turn around and start treating me like some damaged little victim, I will murder you. In your sleep.” 11 likes