Start by marking “Sanctuary Lost (Red Rock Pass, #2)” as Want to Read:
Sanctuary Lost (Red Rock Pass, #2)
Read Excerpt

Sanctuary Lost (Red Rock Pass #2)

3.84 of 5 stars 3.84  ·  rating details  ·  602 ratings  ·  36 reviews
She's ready to fight at his side. He's fighting for the strength to let her go.

Red Rock Pass, Book 2

If there's one thing that Brynn Adler hates, it's feeling helpless and vulnerable in unfamiliar territory. Three weeks ago, life tossed her into just such a world. A world of werewolves she never knew existed--until she found out her sister was one of them.

The pack seems det
Published June 9th 2009 by Samhain Publishing Ltd

To ask other readers questions about Sanctuary Lost, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sanctuary Lost

Maria
Another very good story in the Red Rock Pass series by Moira Rogers ! “Sanctuary Lost” is a very interesting read about werewolves. With a lot of romance and adventure, it will be a nice and safe choice for all the fans of paranormal romance. I have to say that this book is more dark than the previous, because it has more tough choices and many uncomfortable scenes for the main characters.

The story is about Brynn and Joe. Brynn’s sister is Abby the main character from the previous story in this
Mandi Schreiner
Why I read: Loved book one!

Favorite Quote: “I’m not as wholesome as my sister.”
”Thank God for that,” he told her, his voice low and solemn. “I like my women a little kinky.”

The second book in this series picks up right where book one, Cry Sanctuary left off. Brynn was kidnapped by an evil alpha, Alan Matthews as a repercussion for her sister Abby escaping after he turned her into a wolf. Abby, her mate Keith and another alpha Joe rescue Brynn in book one. Now Brynn, still a human, is living
Mary: Harry Dresden's Love Slave
This was pretty good. I have a problem with Brynn saying multiples times that she wants to get kinky and then they don't get kinky. The sex scenes were pretty vanilla. But I like the series and the world set-up. I'll read more of the series.
Dorri
Jul 11, 2010 Dorri rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: smut
The second book in the Red Rock Pass series is a solid story by the duo that is Moira Rogers.

After surviving being brutalized by the mad Alpha, Matthews, all Brynn is doing is trying to survive in the world of werewolves that she suddenly finds herself thrust into. For her own safety, she finds herself living in Red Rock with her sister, Abby, a newly turned wereolf. Things get complicated when the sanctuary is attacked and Brynn, being human, is forced to flee the fight. Even as she runs to Joe
Larissa
Review of both Cry Sanctuary and Sanctuary Lost!

*4 & 1/2 starts out of 5!

It’s a well known fact that i have a penchant for alpha males, specially the shape shifting type. So, Moira Rogers’s Red Rock Pass series is right up my alley and I have to say I loved it.

Sanctuary is actually two stories in one book. Cry Sanctuary and Sanctuary Lost both came out before in ebook version and now they have been put together and are coming out in one print volume.

The modern world and society are hell on w
Christie
I enjoyed the second installment of the Red Rock Pass series even more than the first. When I first started reading I didn’t think I could love Joe more than Keith. Was I ever wrong! His sense of humor did me in. There is just something about a guy who is sexy and can make me laugh. Present me with that combo and I’m a goner.

Sanctuary Lost is Brynn and Joe’s story. Brynn is a law student who finds herself immersed in werewolf drama after she is kidnapped by a psychotic alpha. Brynn is young, sa
Caroline The HEA Lover
(This was originally published on Book Lovers Inc)

We meet Brynn and Joe in the first book. Sanctuary Lost takes place a few weeks after the end of Cry Sanctuary and we are thrown into the action from page 1! Brynn is human and she feels helpless, she’s worried the alpha from Helena will find a way to take her back and change her in order to torture her endlessly. Brynn wants to be able to fight, she wants to become a werewolf, but this decision is not only hers to make. Joe is worried this hasty
Sandy M
I’ve been in a shifter mood lately and what better way to feed that mood than to read a Red Rock Pass book by Moira Rogers. I’ve been anticipating this book since I read and reviewed the first book in the series, Cry Sanctuary, last year. Not only do we get a new romance in this book, but we also get to catch up with all those previous characters. And instead of slaking my hunger for shifters, SL only made me want more.

Joe Mitchell is a Guide, one who helps newly turned wolves through their jour
Tiffany Danner
Series Review:

I <3 this series. Each installment is between 125-160 pages but Moira Rogers packs so much story into those few pages I never feel shorted or left wanting. Each book seamlessly continues the story of the Red Rock Pass sanctuary while delivering an engaging romantic story. I love the friendship and loyalty each character brings to the story, but even more than that I love that we never really say goodbye to any of the characters. Each book may focus on a new couple, but previous
Steph
Red Rock is being repeatedly attacked by Mathews and his minnions. He is furious about losing his potential Alpha female Abby and is desperate to get his revenge on Abby or any person she has ever cared about.
Joe and Brynn are the hero and heroine of this story. Brynn was being used as leverage by Mathews (in the previous book) to get to Abby. Keith, Abby and Joe went in to retrieve her. Joe was the one to save her and Brynn has had a bit of a soft spot for him since.
Again the humour in thi
Kelly
Where I felt that the first book in the series left me wanting more in the way of werewolf mythology, this one gave it to me and gave it to me hard. Picking up Brynn's story after she was rescued from the mad Alpha's grasp, she's now living in Red Rock, trying to learn all about this new world she's been thrust into. However, Alan Matthews isn't dead and he keeps sending his wolves into Red Rock to try to capture both Brynn and Abby. Joe, the Alpha wolf who rescued her, can barely keep his hands ...more
Shiran
Red Rock is under attack by Alan Matthews, an evil alpha from the small town of Helana. He is pissed that he lost his alpha female Abby and he is going after her loved ones to get her back. Brynn is not an alpha but she is still strong and when Matthews tries to use her to get to Abby she will not give in.

This is book 2 in the Red Rock Pass series and like the first book I enjoyed the story and history of the wolves. I also loved the characters in this book. I liked that Brynn wasn't an alpha b
Darcy
With the last book I wondered if Brynn would need/want to make the choice that she was thinking about in this book. I think it would be awkward to be the human among all werewolves. I thought that Brynn's way of thinking was right, not just knee jerk reaction.

I did get tired of how Joe hemmed and hawed about things with Brynn. Instead of comforting Brynn, his words made her more anxious. I did like how everyone was trying to give advice to Joe, too bad he didn't take it.

I was surprised by the ba
SheLove2Read
I didn't enjoy this one as much as Cry Sanctuary. Brynn was whiny and had issues with control that just seemed far fetched. I thought she was wasted on Joe, who deserved a much better female to bond with. I would only recommend this to someone who is reading the series, as there are a few things that arc in this book and foreshadow events to come.
Cheryl
I like Moira Rogers' Southern Arcana series, which led to my reading both this book and the preceding one in this series, Cry Sanctuary. Both are quick, easy reads with characters that I *could* be drawn to, but both books are underdeveloped and end far too quickly.
Wendy coling ( trowbridge)
Bryanny is saved by Joe and turn of events the alpha after her sister..... sends someone to hurt her again to hurt her sister cause he can't have her. Bryanny is hurt badly so she's changed on as full moon. Joe's her guide has to help her as she more feral than the normal wolf turned. Wholesaling for her. She falling for him. Good story. Love Abigail and Keith. These too and lovely too......their alpha are great and like match makers.
Liz B
Very enjoyable indeed, especially for such a short novel. The worldbuilding is solid, and if I found the impending werewolf war more interesting than the romance--well, that just means that this is more on the Patricia Briggs side of urban fantasy/ romance.

I really liked the heroine--damaged, yet strong--and not, thank goodness, yet another alpha.
Holly
I didn't enjoy this one as much as the first, though I did like it. I had issues with the secondary characters. But I think it's b/c I was so in tune with the heroine. So..probably the author did a good job. I'll have to think a little more before writing a full review.
Tara Cadenelli
i don't know why, but i really dig these werewolf stories. especially the ones in series, where you get to revisit characters from previous books. also like the blend of my two fave types of escapist reading: romance/erotica & mystery/thriller. highly enjoyable.
Brenda
This book takes up immediately after Cry Santuary, so we not only get to read the story of Joe and Brynn, but the other characters' stories continue too. I really enjoy the way the authors do this in the series-
Ashley Kannenberg
i think i prefer keith and abby brynn is way to whiny her sister just wants to help and all she can focus on is how she wishes her sister wouldn't help grr but i was glad about the end of the book he so had it coming
Aria
There is a part of me that wishes I were a fly on the wall as Moira Rogers (both of 'em) creates this seriously action packed yet intimate world. Really badly...
Styles
I presume you know what the book is about. I'm letting you know what I liked or disliked about it.

I'm hesitant to recommend this book.
Michelle the Romance Witch
pretty good werewolf story and wrapped up much better than the first one... I seriously enjoyed this one... hope the serious continues past book 4
Anne
I enjoyed this story. Lots of action, some good relationship building, and it moved the story arc along very nicely.
Kaytee
This series has sucke dme in! I can totoally get past the "romance" wiht a great story liek this one! :)
Suz
Aug 02, 2011 Suz rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: pnr
3.5. Not a bad follow up, but a bit too much angst for me. Overall a decent addition to the series.
Angela
Aug 10, 2009 Angela rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: paranormal fans, weres
Wow, I thought Keith (Cry Sanctuary) was hot, but he has nothing on Joe!
Dren
It's more like 3.75 LOL
Review coming soon!
Rhian Cahill
A welcome addition to a winning series.
  • Wolf Line (Granite Lake Wolves, #5)
  • Asmodeus (Fallen Angel, #2)
  • Never Have I Ever (Reynolds Pack, #1)
  • To Challenge A Dragon (Dragon Kin, #1)
  • Skin Tight (Skin, #2)
  • Steel Beauty (Halle Pumas, #4)
  • The Wizard's Spell
  • Foxy Lady (Cougar Falls, #3)
  • Wolf's Valentine (Westervelt Wolves, #3.5)
  • Kiss and Kin (Werewolves in Love, #1)
  • Resurrection (Scions, #1)
  • No Prince Charming (Grimm's Circle, #2)
  • Deal with the Devil
  • Now You See Him...
How do you make a Moira Rogers? Take a former forensic science and nursing student obsessed with paranormal romance and add a computer programmer with a passion for gritty urban fantasy. Toss in a dash of whimsy and a lot of caffeine, and enjoy with a side of chocolate by the light of the full moon.

By day, Bree and Donna are mild-mannered ladies who reside in the Deep South. At night, when their h
More about Moira Rogers...

Red Rock Pass (4 books)
  • Cry Sanctuary (Red Rock Pass, #1)
  • Sanctuary's Price (Red Rock Pass, #3)
  • Sanctuary Unbound (Red Rock Pass, #4)
Crux (Southern Arcana, #1) Kamikaze (Last Call, #1) Cry Sanctuary (Red Rock Pass, #1) Crossroads (Southern Arcana, #2) Wilder's Mate (Bloodhounds, #1)

“I’m one hell of a public speaker, baby. I’m going to let them see the pain, but if you turn around and start treating me like some damaged little victim, I will murder you. In your sleep.” 10 likes