Start by marking “Read to Your Bunny” as Want to Read:
Read to Your Bunny

Read to Your Bunny

3.68 of 5 stars 3.68  ·  rating details  ·  260 ratings  ·  28 reviews
Read To You Bunny is an invitation to the world of reading -- a poem your child will want to hear again and again. Make it a prelude to reading with your own little bunnies every day -- and soon they'll be reading back to you.
Published August 1st 1999 by Scholastic Paperbacks (first published January 1st 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Read to Your Bunny, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Read to Your Bunny

Watership Down by Richard AdamsThe Velveteen Rabbit by Margery WilliamsThe Tale of Peter Rabbit by Beatrix PotterAlice's Adventures in Wonderland & Through the Looking-Glass by Lewis CarrollBunnicula by James Howe
Rabbits
112th out of 130 books — 44 voters
The Runaway Bunny by Margaret Wise BrownGoodnight Moon by Margaret Wise BrownThe Velveteen Rabbit by Margery WilliamsThe Adventures of Bunny and Jody by Mandy GrayPat the Bunny by Dorothy Kunhardt
Best Picture Books about Rabbits
83rd out of 103 books — 23 voters

More lists with this book...

Shawn
This book is perfect for beginners. The illustrations went so well with the book. The book talksa about all the places you could read to your bunny in day, at night, at the beach and in the tub. In the end if you read to your bunny enough, your byunny will someday read to you. There is plenty to learn for a parent and a child for reading this book. It was quick and to the point. I was very pleased while reading this book.
Aiyana Martinez
This cute book is based on bringing parent and child together to read. Hints the title Read to your bunny, Referencing that you read to your child. Its a cute animated little cartoon book that a mother reads to her baby bunny which brings them together and lets them have bonding time when all they are doing is homework.

-The text of this book is all rhyme, which brings usually the fu in reading because it all rhymes and makes it more interesting to the child instead of ordinary reading. Which I p
Debbie
This story was very short book. The moral of the story is to read to children 20 minutes a day. The colors of the pictures were amazingly bright which I like to see in children's books. The colors keep me engaged. Beside suggesting you read to your kids I think the bonding time with the kids is also implied because the parent reads in the bathtub, outside in the sun, in bed, at the kitchen table, while you are ice skating and a boat.
Jonathan Ryal
Read to Your Bunny by Rosemary Wells is short and simple story that aims to get parents or adults and children reading every single day. The book is centered on multiple sets of parent bunnies and their child. Each page has a sentence no longer than 5 words on the left side that references 20 minutes and what those 20 minutes are like. On the other side there is a picture of the adult reading to the child attempting to make the setting fun. In actuality, it is a dull and minimal book that makes ...more
Mary Anne
Sweet simple text and adorable illustrations encourage readers to read to your bunny. A perfect little book to read to your youngest little picture book fans.
Earl
This sweet little poem encourages adults to read to youngsters. The importance of doing so is discussed a little bit after the message.
Christina Myers
I think this book would be more suited for toddler age children. It has a very simple plot( a bunny explaining the importance of reading), yet the illustration is fairly detailed. I probably would not read it to elementary age students, but pre-school age kids might enjoy it.
Cashele
This book is a very cute ryhming book about a mother bunny and her baby. The book encourages reading between family member for at least 20 mintues in a fun rememberable way. This is definently a book i will encourage my students to have the parents read to remind them of how important and fun reading can be together.
Stephanie
I send this book home with each of my students inside a little backpack. I also include a small stuffed rabbit and a tiny notebook. The kids listen to their parents read the book and then they read it to their bunny. After they read, the kids write a message about what they learned from the book. It is priceless!
Meg McGregor
A great book to show even the youngest child that reading is one of the most fun activities as you meet new friends and have new adventures.

Read to your children at least 20 minutes a day and remind the older ones they need to read at least that much everyday too!
Krista
This is a cute short story that parents should read to their young children. It encourages them to read and shows that reading is fun to do wit others, or even alone. The illustrations are cute and familiar as well (if they have seen max and ruby on tv).
Cindy
I LOVE this book. Not only is it a story, but it also shows that reading is important to children, 20 minutes a day is all it takes. Now time for me to go read to my bunny.. :)
Little Miss and the Legomeister
This is not so much as children's story as propaganda to encourage parents to read to their kids. But as such it works pretty well. The ending is cute.
Rebekah
It's certainly a cute book and of course it's important to read to our bunnies but I'd rather read a book with a real story.
Christi
The idea of the book is great, but one of the illustrations is the mom or dad bunny IN the bathtub with the kid bunny. Uh, no.
Datoria
I would read this book on open night to the parents. I show the importance for reading to kids everyday.
Michelle
Wells' book promotes emergent literacy and reading to the young. The kids love the familiar bunny pictures.
Jo
Jun 22, 2008 Jo rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Early readers and adults...
Recommended to Jo by: Library
Shelves: childrensbooks
Early reader expressing the importance of reading 20 mi. a day with someone. Nicly done.
Sarah Sammis
This must have been my very first Rosemary Wells book. I read it with my son.
Erin
An adorable book that I have actually read to my bunnies. :)
Shannon Clark
A great message about literacy and family connections.
Lynn
Jul 27, 2011 Lynn rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: preschool parents
This is really a book for parents of young children.
Used for Baby Loves Books storytime April 2009.
Courtney
Love, love, love Rosemary Wells.
Trisan
Reminder to read to your child.
Suzanne
Aug 30, 2007 Suzanne rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Babies, Toddlers, and Preschool
I read to my bunny 20 minutes.
Tommy
A gift from the doctor.
Danny
A gift from the doctor.
Lauren
Lauren marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2015
  • Here Are My Hands
  • Clifford To The Rescue
  • I Love You, Little One
  • Too Purpley!

Rosemary Wells is the author of a number of popular children's books, most notably the Max and Ruby series which follows the everyday adventures of sibling bunnies - curious three year old Max and bossy seven year old Ruby. She gets the inspiration for Max and Ruby from her two daughters and the experiences they
More about Rosemary Wells...
Bunny Cakes Noisy Nora Yoko On the Blue Comet Mary On Horseback: Three Mountain Stories