Start by marking “The Dumb Bunnies' Easter (The Dumb Bunnies, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Dumb Bunnies' Easter (The Dumb Bunnies, #2)

The Dumb Bunnies' Easter (The Dumb Bunnies)

Bunnies rule in this slapstick comedy of errors that belongs in every child's Easter stocking (or Christmas basket). Full color. 32 pp. Ages 5-8. Pub: 3/98.
Published March 1st 1998 by Blue Sky Press (first published 1995)

The Country Bunny and the Little Gold Shoes by DuBose HeywardThe Runaway Bunny by Margaret Wise BrownThe Easter Egg by Jan BrettThe Golden Egg Book by Margaret Wise BrownThe Egg Tree by Katherine Milhous
Easter Books
25th out of 180 books — 63 voters
Pete the Cat by Kimberly  DeanThe Runaway Bunny by Margaret Wise BrownPeppa's Easter Egg Hunt by Neville AstleyLlama Llama Easter Egg by Anna DewdneyThe Berenstain Bears and the Easter Story by Jan Berenstain
Children's Easter Books (Non Religious)
47th out of 66 books — 3 voters

More lists with this book...

Mar 19, 2013 midnightfaerie rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens
No educational value whatsoever but absolutely hilarious. Lots of fun reading with my 5 yr old about the dumb bunnies who get all the holidays mixed up. Lots of fun and a nice break to really appreciate the joy of reading with my child.
Dec 23, 2010 Leslie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s-lit
My son's favorite Christmas presents so far this year are three books by his favorite writer, Dav Pilkey. Sue Demim, say that fast three times. Does it sound lilke pseudonym? Ha! Dav Pilkey deserves his reputation for being one of the best writers for children ever. The Dumb Bunnines Easter is another very silly story of our family's favorite bunny family. They are celebrating Christmas actually, but as usual, have everything mixed up. The illustrations are as much fun as the story. ONe never kn ...more
May 02, 2015 Devan rated it it was amazing
A bunny family celebrates Easter, but not in the traditional way. The bunnies combine Easter, Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas into one holiday. They also do everything "wrong". The put the tree upside down, watch a literal football on top of the tv, hang tree decorations on themselves among other things. They also call it the worst Easter they ever had, but to us that would be like saying the best Easter we ever had.
This book is a funny book that even young children will
Rebecca McNutt
I had this book back in grade five, it was incredibly strange. It was funny but predictable and not really worth reading.
Nov 29, 2012 Brooke rated it it was amazing
it is a funny book because they think it's easter but it is not easter.
Rosalie Ruff
I love the humor in this book. I think the literal humor is great, that is, explaining concepts such as matching the right signs with the right holiday (e.g., Merry Christmas sign on Christmas Eve instead of a Happy Halloween sign).
Christine Rains
Jun 03, 2016 Christine Rains rated it really liked it
Absolutely hilarious story about a family of idiotic bunnies and their strange celebration of all holidays at once. My six-year-old laughs hysterically when we read this together.
Cinco Sequelo
Dec 11, 2014 Cinco Sequelo rated it liked it
in this unbalanced holiday book, a family of bunnies celebrate "easter" in their household, but their twist on the holiday is a bit different from the way others would celebrate.
Heather Jo
May 31, 2016 Heather Jo rated it really liked it
Shelves: meggie-list
Sep 26, 2014 Audra rated it really liked it
Shelves: little-girls
A cute little book along the lines of Matilda the Chicken, but gets my kids saying the word "dumb" over and over. Of course, they love it :)
Aug 16, 2011 Terry rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Dav Pilkey fans, those who enjoy humor
These Dumb Bunnies may be dumb, but they're geniuses when it comes to being funny! (Or rather, their creator Sue Denim is). The Dumb Bunnies books are perfect for the young and young at heart.

Think your family's confused during the holidays with all the commotion going on? Well think again.

Does your family cut down an Easter tree from your neighbor's front yard? Do you find yourselves singing these all-time favorite carols: "Jingle Eggs", "The Little Drummer Turkey", and "I'll be Home for Presid
Apr 08, 2014 Bree rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
my kids love funny books and neither of them liked this; a few chuckles here and there followed by 'that was almost too dumb'
Sharon Nakagawa
A fun study of holiday traditions turned upside down in ways only the Dumb Bunnies could achieve.
Oct 16, 2014 Kaylie rated it it was amazing
Jan 01, 2016 Kelly rated it liked it
Shelves: children-s
Apr 26, 2011 Dolly rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
The dumb bunnies get their holidays all mixed up with humorous results. Children who are in the stage where they enjoy potty humor will also enjoy the slapstick silliness of this book. It's definitely a strange and farcical tale, but the absurdity has its own charm. Our girls laughed a lot as we read this book aloud.
Feb 20, 2010 Michelle rated it it was amazing
How could I have missed adding this family favorite?! ALL my boys have loved this book. I read it to little Daniel (4) last night for the first time and he couldn't stop giggling over the funny pictures, Jacob (11) had to come and sit with us so he could read it, too.
Apr 08, 2009 Julie rated it really liked it I know it seems a tad kooky to rate the Dumb Bunnies up there with David Sedaris. But then, you don't know the Dumb Bunnies like I know the Dumb Bunnies. So there. If you haven't read this book with a pack of 5 year olds, you are really missing out.
Sep 19, 2012 Shunta rated it it was amazing
One of the 1st graders introduced me to this book and he was super excited about it. I figure any book that gets a child that excited has got to be worth reading. Indeed its a funny book. I could have them make their own silly story with mixed up events.
Feb 26, 2009 Molly rated it it was amazing
What can I say I love the dumb bunnies. They are stupid weird ridiculous fun. I love that they cut down the neighbors tree and that.... well I don't want to ruin your fun. Great for silly silly boys! Ages 3+
Library Quine
The family of bunnies get confused and think its Easter at Christmas time. More of a Christmas than an Easter book. Not a big fan, but feel a group of older children like our after school club would enjoy it.
Barb Simpson
Oct 19, 2013 Barb Simpson rated it it was amazing
Hilarious! Maybe I will be a willing participant in the Captain Underpants books after all ;) My 6 yo was cracking up through this entire book of silly fun!
Dec 08, 2010 Jenn rated it liked it
If you are looking for a silly (bordering on dumb) book that mixes up all the holidays in order to celebrate Christmas, this is the book you are desiring.
Mar 17, 2010 Aimee rated it it was amazing
This book is so dumb I'm giving it 5 dumb stars. If you have little ones who think words like "dumb" are scandalous, then this book is dumb enough for you.
Jul 15, 2014 Maura rated it liked it
Shelves: children
This kind of reads like a knock off version of The Stupids, but with a family rabbits instead. It's clever and cute and I'd let my kids read them.
The sarcastic humor might not work for little little kids, but this hilarious parody of holiday traditions definitely works for elementary aged kids.
Horrible. I could barely make it through this book. It is utterly dumb in every sense of the word. Why do people write this crap?
Clint Roberts
Mar 09, 2012 Clint Roberts rated it liked it
First of "The Dumb Bunnies" books I bought for kids. Made for a great silly story that made my daughter and I laugh
Jan 21, 2010 Juliet rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is super-duper funny! It takes place on December 24th and there celebrating everything EXCEPT Christmas!
Aug 27, 2008 Lisa rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens-books
silly silly silly.....gotta love the Dumb Bunnies :)
Dave Pilkeys illustrations are great!
  • Kat Kong
  • The Little Rabbit
  • Kiss Kiss! (Mini Edition)
  • There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Chick!
  • I'm Not.
  • Angelina at the Fair
  • Mike Fink: A Tall Tale
  • The Easter Egg Artists
  • Merry Christmas, Stinky Face
  • Never Take a Shark to the Dentist: (and Other Things Not to Do)
  • Beware of the Frog
  • Farewell to Shady Glade
  • Babar's Yoga for Elephants
  • The Bears' Christmas
Sue Denim, George Beard, and Harold Hutchins are pseudonyms used by Dav Pilkey.
More about Sue Denim...

The Dumb Bunnies (6 books)
  • The Dumb Bunnies (The Dumb Bunnies, #1)
  • Make Way For Dumb Bunnies (The Dumb Bunnies, #3)
  • The Dumb Bunnies Go To The Zoo (The Dumb Bunnies, #4)
  • Dumb Bunnies Collection