Start by marking “Children of the Plains (Dragonlance: Barbarians, #1)” as Want to Read:
Children of the Plains (Dragonlance: Barbarians, #1)

Children of the Plains (Dragonlance: Barbarians #1)

3.89 of 5 stars 3.89  ·  rating details  ·  287 ratings  ·  4 reviews
From the mists of Krynn's earliest history came the Barbarians.
A young brother and sister escape a pack of predators and strike out on their own, their lives taking parallel courses linked to the destiny of different tribes.
But dark powers watch the rise of civilization with cold calculation and deadly intent.
Best-selling writing team Thompson and Cook make a long-await
Mass Market Paperback, 320 pages
Published September 1st 2000 by Wizards of the Coast

To ask other readers questions about Children of the Plains, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Children of the Plains

morecrispyplz
Every once in a while, I crack this book open and it's always a familiar, wonderful comfort-read. First time I read it was in Borders (r.i.p.), and I remember frantically purchasing the third book to finish reading the series at home. Loved it that much. I thought the pacing was well done, but the strongest aspect of the book that caught my attention was the riveting characters of Nianki, Amero and Duranix, and their awesome and complex relationship. Love how in Dragonlance books, some "bad" cha ...more
B.c.
I read this book back in 2001 and loved it. Honestly its the first D&D pulp fantasy type book that attempts to show how society in that world started. You see how elves were "light years" ahead of humans and how dragons helped to shape or destroy humanity. I think more fantasy worlds could use some form of pre-history tale as it truely helps the fiction. Its a shame that Dragonlance isn't more popular.
Emma
I read this one quite a while ago, and for a while it was my favorite book. It is purely fantasy, and a relatively good story. If you have better things to read, read those. Save this for when you're desperate for something to read, when you've exhausted your flow. Really it's not THAT great, but it's fun. Warning: cheesy and somewhat gorey.
Paolo Mangiarotti
Una storia fantastica sulle origini del primo villaggio umano su Krynn. Il primo volume di una trilogia che coinvolge senza stravolgere.
Crystal
Crystal is currently reading it
Nov 23, 2014
Zach Matheson
Zach Matheson marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2014
John Sharp
John Sharp marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2014
DragonFyre
DragonFyre marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2014
Stacey
Stacey marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2014
Sarah marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2014
Elizabeth Davis
Elizabeth Davis marked it as to-read
Nov 08, 2014
Brandon McKinniss
Brandon McKinniss marked it as to-read
Nov 08, 2014
Rosemarie
Rosemarie marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2014
Anne Chateau
Anne Chateau marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2014
  • The Clandestine Circle (Dragonlance: Crossroads, #1)
  • The Thieves' Guild (Dragonlance: Crossroads, #2)
  • Blades of the Tiger (Dragonlance: Taladas, #1)
  • Wizards' Conclave (Dragonlance: The Age of Mortals, #5)
  • The Rebellion (Dragonlance: The Stonetellers, #1)
  • Rebels & Tyrants (Dragonlance: Tales of the Fifth Age #3)
  • Murder in Tarsis (Dragonlance: Classics, #1; Forgotten Realms: Mysteries, #3)
  • Saving Solace (Dragonlance: Champions, #1)
  • The Inheritance (Dragonlance: Classics, #4)
  • Black Talon (Dragonlance: Ogre Titans, #1)
Darkness and Light (Dragonlance: Preludes, #1) The Qualinesti (Dragonlance: Elven Nations, #3) Firstborn (Dragonlance:  Elven Nations, #1) Riverwind the Plainsman (Dragonlance: Preludes, #4; Preludes II, #1) The Dargonesti (Dragonlance: Lost Histories, #3)