Handbook to Higher Consciousness

Handbook to Higher Consciousness

4.09 of 5 stars 4.09  ·  rating details  ·  172 ratings  ·  23 reviews
Clean unmarked vopy. Normal shelf and edge wear from handling. Mild foxing. Fifth edition 1987 - 24th printing. Satisfaction guaranteed!
Published January 1st 1993 by Love Line Books (first published 1973)

Polly Trout
Written in 1975, this is a New Age classic and a truly awful book. Normally I just ignore awful books, but I have some things to say about exactly why the worldview presented by Keyes is toxic.

The post-colon half of this book's title is "The Science of Happiness," which points to two ways this book is false: first, it teaches that spirituality is a science (it is not, it is an art). Second, it teaches that the goal of spiritual development is personal happiness (and it's not -- personal happines...more
Stu Webbb
This is the most profoundly practical book to clean up your unhappiness act and choose a happy way of life. It's neuroscience reprogramming before its time. (It sold a million copies in the 1970's. I just reread it and am amazed how much working with it had bettered my life. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!
David Santa cruz
A sloppy book in my opinion; yet if you can use his model without sticking to the book I'd expect great success. A nice book to get started on a positive path in life.
Fabienne
While reading one of my older books by Iyanla Vanzant, I came across the name of this book which she credited as one of the books that helped her in her spiritual journey. I couldn’t find this book online or at my library but luckily, after googling the author’s name, I found a PDF copy of the book online available for download – for free!
If I hadn’t read Eckhart Tolle’s “Power of Now”, I admit that this book would have made no sense to me. Even so, I feel that I will need to read this again and...more
Gayle Ferguson
This book helped me to recognise how to change things that I did not know how to change about myself.For someone who did not possess the skills needed to begin making changes in my life, this guided me in a gentle,practical way.I still use some of it daily.It helps you to begin the internal dialog needed to begin healing a cycle of wrong thinking.If you know someone who is struggling with trying to do better but they honestly do not know how, suggest this book to them or make sure they get a cop...more
Anni
I choose to read this book, because it was mentioned in 'the Conversations with God' books and so it didn't really provide me with any new information about the benefits of sprituality. But what I liked about this book is the "how to" explanations, the steps to grow towards a higher conciousness. I'm looking forward to using them! They are simple and easy to understand even though the discriptions of the different paths are quite lenghty and therefore a little difficult to learn by heart. Overal...more
Helene
Five semi-ironic, semi-insincere stars for Ken Keyes Junior. The functioning of my biocomputer has reached the Cornucopia Level.
Peyton
Genius book. So many modern self-help books probably rip this one off. Seriously. Wayne Dyer wrote a preface for one edition, yet Ken's far more profound. His focus on a system for happiness is great. Even his hippy attitude is tolerable in mod times. Eliminating addictions is key with him, which is spot-on. However, the book organization is not the best.
Caroline
Just reading this book made me feel calmer. It offers great advice, and can truly help you to see life in a more mature, healthier way. A bit repetitive at times, but overall, definitely worth a read if you are looking for tools to handle everything in life in a more balanced, positive way.
Lauri
Wow. Everyone should read this book. Defining the "obvious." Teaching how to operate from higher consciousness, and what that means, instead of animalistic-automatic-emotion-backed-responses. Great stuff. Life changing in an internal way... reprogramming.
Lucy
Jun 08, 2012 Lucy added it
i read this after i got my degree in astrology at 13 from sylvia sherman's school in west orange nj - when i got this book they dude at the store said " you're the youngest person to have ever bought this book"
heh
old old old
and forever young
Marc
I can't believe I missed this book along the way.

This book is from 1975. Ideas presented predate and are incorporated by Anthony Robbins in Awaken the Giant Within and Eckart Tolle in his books. A precursor for sure.
Peter Devall
I want to buy this book let me comunicate with you by e-mail. let me know your e-mail please that I be able to send you the cost of the book and also your telephon number thank you peter Devall.
Carol Hope
This book breaks down in a step by step manner how to let go of programming that does not serve you and how to replace it with bliss. Great workbook that greatly influenced my life.
Margie
Apr 08, 2007 Margie rated it 5 of 5 stars Recommends it for: Everyone
This book laid the groundwork for a lifetime of spiritual achievement. Revisited many times over the years, and each visit brings new insights.
Charles
All Us Living Love Always. This is a beautiful message. Read it with an open heart and mind, and, it will change your life.
Geva
I read this book at age 15. I can still say that it is one of the most influential books I ever read.
William
The best and easiest formula for reprogramming the mental operating system!
Imren Aloba
Aug 23, 2009 Imren Aloba rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition Recommends it for: for higher concious
Recommended to Imren by: Newspaper editorial

At the stage of my life span it will help me to deal with the world.....
Tammy Williams
To be able to observe and not kvetch...oy vey.
Faatimah
Excellent! Highly recommended!
Elizabeth
different cover c 1974 good condition
Graig Yarbrough
Keys really understood human nature.
Akarsh Ajith
Akarsh Ajith marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2014
Adam Ryman
Adam Ryman marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2014
Johannes Rebane
Johannes Rebane marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2014
O.zaki
O.zaki marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2014
Ricardo  Devore
Ricardo Devore marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2014
Ki Diz
Ki Diz marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2014
  • Living in the Light: A Guide to Personal and Planetary Transformation
  • Sorcerer's Apprentice: My Life with Carlos Castaneda
  • The Only Dance There Is
  • The Joyous Cosmology
  • Science and the Akashic Field: An Integral Theory of Everything
  • The Nature of Personal Reality: Specific, Practical Techniques for Solving Everyday Problems and Enriching the Life You Know
  • The Science of Mind
  • Spiritual Growth: Being Your Higher Self
  • Your Soul's Plan: Discovering the Real Meaning of the Life You Planned Before You Were Born
  • The Mind of the Soul: Responsible Choice
  • Your Heart's Desire: Instructions for Creating the Life You Really Want
  • The Tao of Inner Peace
  • The Power Is Within You
  • Killing the Buddha: A Heretic's Bible
  • Dark Nights of the Soul: A Guide to Finding Your Way Through Life's Ordeals
  • How Good Do We Have to Be?: A New Understanding of Guilt and Forgiveness
  • Edgar Cayce on Atlantis
  • From Panic to Power: Proven Techniques to Calm Your Anxieties, Conquer Your Fears, and Put You in Control of Your Life
The Hundredth Monkey Handbook to Higher Consciousness: The Workbook A Conscious Person's Guide to Relationships The Power of Unconditional Love: 21 Guidelines for Beginning, Improving and Changing Your Most Meaningful Relationships How to Enjoy Your Life In Spite of It All

“A loving person lives in a loving world. A hostile person lives in a hostile world.” 16 likes
“Love everyone unconditionally, including yourself.” 2 likes