Start by marking “The First Stone (The Last Rune, #6)” as Want to Read:
The First Stone (The Last Rune, #6)

The First Stone (The Last Rune #6)

3.95 of 5 stars 3.95  ·  rating details  ·  363 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Throughout history, the parallel worlds of mystical Eldh and modern Earth have been strangely linked. Now, in the riveting conclusion to Anthony's saga of magic, adventure, and suspense, these worlds--and those who move within them--are about to face utter annihilation. Original.
Published August 3rd 2004 by Spectra Books

To ask other readers questions about The First Stone, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The First Stone

Joel Flank
The conclusion to the Last Rune series starts at an odd place. At the end of the previous book, the Pale King has been defeated, as well as the old god Mogh who wanted to remake the world in his image. Travis Wilder re-created the world as it was to let his friends and the people of Eldh continue living their lives, in peace and happiness, and his closest friend, also from Earth, begin her rule as the Queen of the reborn kingdom of Malchior. What could possibly go wrong?

Three years later, they f
Claire
Nov 02, 2013 Claire rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2013
Really enjoyed this series -- it was in many ways sort of a pulp sf blend of, like, the Lord of the Rings with Back to the Future and a dash of super sweet pining and romance. Really enjoyed the matter of fact depiction of gay and lesbian characters, of people being bi and of the trans* character. These books had a lot of heart, too, and I was definitely cheering for not just the main characters that we grew to know and enjoy but a huge number of the background minor characters too -- the author ...more
Inara
Aug 01, 2007 Inara rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: people who like to read fantasy with slight m/m
The story picks up three years after the events of book five. Travis and Beltan live together now in London (finally), Vani has disappeared (I don´t care) and Grace has made her home at Gravenfist Keep. But one day Vani stays before Travis´ and Beltan´s door with her (and Beltan´s) daughter. She tells Travis that the Lost City of Morindu the Dark has been found and that the sorcerers of Scirath are already seeking it out. Travis must return to Eldh..
For a last ime Travis has to go back to Eldh t
Caroline
Such a deeply mediocre series, but I do enjoy it so. I have a real fondness for the characters, even if the writing becomes a bit of a slog. This particular book is great if you are into reading about a character reading someone's diary where they are writing about reading another diary.
Rosa Aquafire
"It was amazing."

God, I loved this series so much.

I never would have looked twice at these books if not for how much I loved Anthony's other books under his Galen Beckett pen name. But I'm so glad I did. I adored them. I adored this.

Beltan and Travis happy together. Grace finally content with her life. The secrets of the Seekers and Morindu revealed at last. The amazing mix of science and magic that makes me love these books so much, how the Void and the Worlds are just Antimatter and Matter, th
Jason
For a book that concluded a series that really was finished after book 5, it really is a good read. Very fast paced, lots of action, magic, blood sorcery, and runes. This series as a whole is a must read in the fantasy genre. Travis and Grace are fabulous heroes that made this series so enjoyable. I have read most of these books more than twice now, and they are always better with each read. Highly recommend these books!
Amy
Good book and continuation of the story. Nice ending to the hero's tale. It did slow down and get a little hard to read once the journal was found, but once you got past that it picked up and continued on nicely.
Caroline
One of my all-time favorite fantasy series. It's pretty cheesy at times, but I had a lot of fun reading it and thought overall it was well-written and enjoyable, with a great cast of characters.
Em
Brilliant end to the series. The story lines were all tied up nicely, (though I didn't understand one of the main character's final decisions).
Erin
I don't think there are words for how completely bizarro these books are, in a good way.
Daniel
Not my favorite ending. Good series though.
T.kuennecke
T.kuennecke marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2015
Daniel Mayhall
Daniel Mayhall is currently reading it
Jan 10, 2015
Brandy
Brandy added it
Jan 03, 2015
Mel
Mel marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2014
Amanda Gesovski
Amanda Gesovski marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2014
Dave Varley
Dave Varley marked it as to-read
Dec 01, 2014
  • The Still (Rodrigo of Caledon, #1)
  • Dragon's Treasure
  • The Stone Prince (Branion, #1)
  • The Standing Dead
  • Avaryan Rising  (Avaryan Rising, #1-3)
  • Shadows Return (Nightrunner, #4)
  • The Fire's Stone
  • Lord of the White Hell (Lord of the White Hell, #2)
  • Full Circle (Castings, #3)
  • Kei's Gift (Darshian Tales, #1)
  • Shadowdance
  • The Wraiths of Will and Pleasure (Wraeththu Histories, #1)
  • Through a Brazen Mirror: The Famous Flower of Servingmen (The Ultra Violet Library , No 3)
  • The Mirador (Doctrine of Labyrinths, #3)
  • Mariner's Luck (Scarlet and the White Wolf, #2)
  • Daughter of Exile
  • Point of Hopes (Astreiant, #1)

Mark Anthony learned to love both books and mountains during childhood summers spent in a Colorado ghost town.

Later he was trained as a paleoanthropologist but along the way grew interested in a different sort of human evolution—the symbolic progress reflected in myth and the literature of the fantastic. He unde
More about Mark Anthony...

The Last Rune (6 books)
  • Beyond the Pale (The Last Rune, #1)
  • The Keep of Fire (The Last Rune, #2)
  • The Dark Remains (The Last Rune, #3)
  • Blood of Mystery (The Last Rune, #4)
  • The Gates of Winter (The Last Rune, #5)
Kindred Spirits (Dragonlance: Meetings Sextet, #1) Beyond the Pale (The Last Rune, #1) Crypt of the Shadowking (Forgotten Realms: The Harpers, #6) The Keep of Fire (The Last Rune, #2) The Dark Remains (The Last Rune, #3)