Start by marking “The Mystery of the Stolen Statue” as Want to Read:
The Mystery of the Stolen Statue

The Mystery of the Stolen Statue (Third-Grade Detectives #10)

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  25 ratings  ·  4 reviews
The Third-Grade Detectives are looking forward to their field trip to a local art museum, where a priceless fifteenth-century statue of Joan of Arc is on loan from a Paris museum. But when they arrive, they discover that the statue has been stolen!
The police quickly find the statue -- smashed into pieces and thrown in a Dumpster. Why would someone steal the statue only t...more
Published November 1st 2004 by Aladdin

To ask other readers questions about The Mystery of the Stolen Statue, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Mystery of the Stolen Statue

Darlene
I read this book with my daughters.

We are enjoying this mystery series! This is the fourth one in the series that we have read, although we have not been reading them in order. Since each book can be read as a stand-alone, it does not matter if you do not read them in sequence.

The teacher of the Third Grade class is a former spy, and he gives the students code clues to help them solve mysteries. We always have a lot of fun trying to break the code or solve the riddles before we read ahead to fin...more
Dolly
Jun 02, 2012 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: children starting to read chapter books
This is the last of ten books in the Third-Grade Detectives series by George E. Stanley and Sal Murdocca. Our oldest began reading the books in this series independently, but we've read a few of them together and our youngest likes them, too.

We really enjoy learning about and solving the different kinds of puzzles. And I love that we learn about a new kind of puzzle in each book, and as in this case, we often see different ways to use the code. We read this book together and had fun solving the...more
Brittany Stevens
This is definitely a book that I found fun and a simple read. I would have my students who were uneasy about reading read this book. It is a fun who done it series that I will definitely want to have in my classroom library.
Andrew
This book gets sometimes scary but is a interesting book to read
Nicole Bowman
Nicole Bowman marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2014
Dtong
Dtong is currently reading it
May 30, 2014
Sara Clarke
Sara Clarke marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2014
Jan Tan
Jan Tan marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2014
Ann
Ann added it
Aug 03, 2014
Harjeevan
Harjeevan marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2014
Di'shon Johnson
Di'shon Johnson marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2014
Loral
Loral marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2014
Miriam
Miriam added it
Jan 05, 2014
Channa
Channa marked it as to-read
Dec 24, 2013
Pamela
Pamela marked it as to-read
Dec 19, 2013
Melanie
Melanie marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2013
Seth Buchanan
Seth Buchanan marked it as to-read
Oct 10, 2013
Libby
Libby added it
Sep 26, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
An extraordinarily prolific writer, George Edward Stanley has also found time to travel and teach, drawing many of the plots for his books from his diverse experiences and natural curiosity. In addition to penning numerous books under his own name, Stanley has also published under several pseudonyms, including the well-known house pseudonyms Carolyn Keene and Franklin W. Bramley.
More about George E. Stanley...
Night Fires The Cobweb Confession The Clue Of The Left-Handed Envelope: Ready-for-chapters (Third-Grade Detectives) Third-Grade Detectives #1-2: The Clue of the Left-Handed Envelope & The Puzzle of the Pretty Pink Handkerchief The Puzzle of the Pretty Pink Handkerchief