Start by marking “The Plant Finder: The Right Plants for Every Garden” as Want to Read:
The Plant Finder: The Right Plants for Every Garden

The Plant Finder: The Right Plants for Every Garden

Doing research and making informed choices save the gardener money, work and time. The best plants for a location and a good plan will provide rewards for many years.

At almost 1,000 pages, The Plant Finder is big enough to contain 5,000 carefully researched entries on the best garden plant varieties for every zone. Yet it's compact enough to be portable. Kept on the booksh
Published March 16th 2007 by Firefly Books

To ask other readers questions about The Plant Finder, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Plant Finder

GoldGato
Oct 25, 2011 GoldGato rated it it was amazing
This is a Big Mama book. This complete reference guide for plants of every shape and size and attitude is perfect for any gardener, regardless of skill set. I particularly liked how it is set up by color coding for each chapter (such as Trees And Shrubs, Annuals And Perennials, Fruit And Nut Trees). Until I found this, I relied upon my smartphone to answer my questions when in a nursery, but some rural locations have poor data coverage, so now I bring Big Mama with me.

In order to have descriptio
Sara
Jun 06, 2008 Sara rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: gardeners who move a lot
A little boring, a little outdated, a little impractical because everything's jumbled together - zone 2 to 10, and just a few words devoted to each plant. But it's an encyclopedia. What did you expect?
Katherine
Katherine rated it really liked it
Jul 31, 2011
Maire
Jun 15, 2009 Maire rated it it was ok
No cross reference of common names to genus entry.
Suzanne
Suzanne rated it it was amazing
Jan 02, 2015
Karen Cinnamond
Karen Cinnamond rated it it was ok
Feb 17, 2015
Brad VanAuken
Brad VanAuken rated it liked it
Dec 29, 2013
Susan
Susan marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2012
Tommy
Tommy added it
Jun 14, 2013
Roy
Roy marked it as to-read
Nov 27, 2016