Start by marking “Dr. Fegg's Encyclopedia of All World Knowledge: Formerly the Nasty Book” as Want to Read:
Dr. Fegg's Encyclopedia of All World Knowledge: Formerly the Nasty Book

Dr. Fegg's Encyclopedia of All World Knowledge: Formerly the Nasty Book

An illustrated compendium of humorous facts such as the recipe for oxygen tart and an explanation of how man evolved from small rocks.
Published May 1st 1985 by Peter Bedrick Books (first published 1976)

To ask other readers questions about Dr. Fegg's Encyclopedia of All World Knowledge, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dr. Fegg's Encyclopedia of All World Knowledge

Manny
I bought a copy of this marvelous book when I was a first-year undergraduate, and it became a favorite in my circle of friends. We would frequently quote from it. There is a decent article in Wikipedia. Here are the first two paragraphs:
Bert Fegg's Nasty Book For Boys And Girls is a humorous book first published by Methuen in 1974 which purports to have been written by a psychopathic character, Dr. Fegg. In fact, the book is the work of Terry Jones and Michael Palin, who adapted a range of mater
Tallburt
May 31, 2013 Tallburt rated it it was amazing
Shelves: humour, favorites
Undoubtedly the most important document ever written in English.
Steve
Apr 11, 2008 Steve rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: delinquents, frotters, nut cases
Recommended to Steve by: a funny smelling man
I read this back it when it was Dr. Fegg's Nasty Book of Knowledge. It is a sick, weird book of funny psychopathological ramblings about rats and the Bournemouth killings. There are songs, too, I think. It's the perfect gift for that maladapted teenaged relative with a crepuscular sense of humor.
Ian Wood
Sep 22, 2007 Ian Wood rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Python completists only
Shelves: monty-python
Dr Fegg’s Encyclopeadia of all World Knowledge was originally published in 1974 as Bert Fegg’s Nasty Book for Boys and Girls, it was re-published in 1976 and then revised Dr Fegg’s Encyclopeadia of all World Knowledge in 1984 when I bought it.

I think I know why it was written, after the success of ‘Monty Python’s Big red Book’ and ‘Another Monty Python Papperbok’ Jones and Palin realised that if they put some more of this rubbish out as a Jones and Palin they would be in for a two way rather tha
Johanna Stein
May 17, 2014 Johanna Stein rated it it was amazing
Disgusting and hilarious. One of the few comedy books that I loved and quoted as a kid that I still love and quote (though nobody gets the references) as an adult. A necessity for Monty Python fans.
Max Nemtsov
Feb 15, 2017 Max Nemtsov rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
подрывная мурзилка, кое-что отсюда потом реализовано в пост-питонье
grundoon
Maybe it's me, maybe it just doesn't stand the yes of time, or (most likely) maybe it simply wasn't all that good to begin with. Very Python-esque of course, yet in a very one-note way. Despite the variety in format, there's little variety in humor. Which is not to say I didn't smirk my way through much of it or snort a few times - Jones and Palin do a style that's fun and essential to the formula. But they were only one of the three writing teams, and that's pretty much what it feels like: a on ...more
Andrew
Aug 16, 2013 Andrew rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: python-etc, humour
Another must have for the Monty Python fan, this book from Michael Palin and Terry Jones has elements that are either inspired by or filtered through their previous work with Python or in Ripping Yarns. Very funny and although nominally a young adults read it is probably more suited for their parents.
Alex Stone
Sep 09, 2009 Alex Stone rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Here's an old classic from my high school and college days. Dr Fegg continues to influence my life, but mostly in terms of wondering exactly where Bournemouth is and wanting to call pianos "painos". Not to mention an appreciation for a good looking fish.
Karla Keffer
Aug 02, 2012 Karla Keffer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My mum bought this book for me the Christmas I was twelve, in 1988. At that time, we didn't know it would be our last Christmas together. She died of cancer in October 1989. I am thankful that one of my mum's last gifts to me was such a perfect exemplar of all I loved best about her.
Kevin
Jul 21, 2016 Kevin rated it really liked it
Absolutely hilarious.
Peter
Nov 25, 2015 Peter rated it really liked it
Simply put, if you love Python, you'll love this book. If you don't love Python, you won't.
Valerie Sherman
Dec 16, 2007 Valerie Sherman rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hilarious. Yerluvinunclebert.
Tara Calaby
Feb 05, 2012 Tara Calaby rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: britcom, humour, own
I was a bit disappointed by this particular Britcom book. Okay, but not sensational.
Matt
Matt rated it it was amazing
Feb 25, 2013
Mrbeaujangles23
Mrbeaujangles23 rated it really liked it
Oct 19, 2010
Ted Williams
Oct 14, 2014 Ted Williams rated it it was amazing
I read this many many years ago. along with Dr Feggs pop-up book (I think)
Stevie
Stevie rated it it was amazing
Apr 08, 2014
Stewart Tame
Stewart Tame rated it really liked it
Aug 29, 2013
Prue
Prue rated it really liked it
Jun 22, 2016
Erik
Erik rated it really liked it
Dec 13, 2007
Kirsty
Kirsty rated it liked it
Feb 25, 2017
Eamonn
Eamonn rated it it was amazing
Mar 18, 2016
Shashi Martynova
Shashi Martynova rated it really liked it
Jan 10, 2017
Slaa!!!
Slaa!!! rated it really liked it
Jan 15, 2011
Igolder
Igolder rated it it was amazing
Apr 15, 2010
A.K. Adler
A.K. Adler rated it it was amazing
Nov 11, 2014
Vicky
Vicky rated it it was amazing
Jun 25, 2016
David
David rated it it was amazing
Oct 01, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Terence Graham Parry Jones is a Welsh comedian, screenwriter and actor, film director, children's author, popular historian, political commentator and TV documentary host. He is best known as a member of the Monty Python comedy team.
More about Terry Jones...