And the Crowd Goes Wild: Relive the Most Celebrated Sporting Events Ever Broadcast (Audio+cd-ROM) [With Audio CD]

4.04 of 5 stars 4.04  ·  rating details  ·  45 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Fans Wept. The Crowd Cheered. The Announcers Went Wild. You Just Had To Be There. And You Can Be.
In words and images--and on two audio CDs narrated by award-winning sports journalist Bob Costas--And The Crowd Goes Wild brings to life the spine-tingling moments that brought us to our feet.
From bleachers to box seats to living room sofas, devoted fans and casual observers...more
Published December 15th 2000 by Sourcebooks (first published 2000)

To ask other readers questions about And the Crowd Goes Wild, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about And the Crowd Goes Wild

Tracey, librarian on strike
This was fun! I'm allergic to most sports, reading this purely to fill in a gap because I could end up on Jeopardy!, and I need to know about Babe Ruth and Wilt Chamberlin and so forth. But even I have been known to enjoy a "sports movie" like Field of Dreams or Brian's Song; in these films the sport in question is winnowed down to the most thrilling and intense, most life-altering moments, and packaged up for even an ignoramus like me to be able to appreciate. And that's just what this book is:...more
Carol
I love listening to these CDs. I can especially listen over and over again to "The Play": Cal vs. Stanford, November 20, 1982: "the most amazing, sensational, traumatic, heartrending, exciting, thrilling finish in the history of college football!" HooRAYYYYY!" The book, of course, is great, because you learn about all these other famous sporting events.
Jay
Apr 08, 2007 Jay rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Someone who likes audio with their books
This is a fun book to read/listen to on a rainy day. You flip through several pages while the announcers original play by play is going. Bob Costas does a great job helping you visualize by setting the scene. Not for someone with kids that like to continuously interrupt.
Paul
Jan 09, 2008 Paul rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: sports
A fun look at the most memorable events in sports history. The CD that comes with the book is pretty fun too.
Michael
Cool selection of memorable sports moments along w/ cds containing the actual call of the big moment.
Ron Kaplan
event,broadcasting,photography
Linda
Linda added it
Aug 06, 2014
Shirley Eiswerth
Shirley Eiswerth marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2014
BJC
BJC marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2014
Jay Verhorevoort
Jay Verhorevoort marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2014
Jeremy
Jeremy marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2014
Caryl
Caryl added it
Mar 20, 2014
Matt
Matt added it
Mar 13, 2014
Grant
Grant marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2014
Allison
Allison marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2014
Nicci Obert
Nicci Obert marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2014
Randy Sublett
Randy Sublett marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2013
Carl
Carl added it
Aug 16, 2014
Jeff Werkheiser
Jeff Werkheiser marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
We Interrupt This Broadcast: Relive the Events That Stopped Our Lives...from the Hindenburg to the Death of Princess Diana (book with 2 audio CDs) 100 Yards of Glory: The Greatest Moments in NFL History Now Showing: Unforgettable Moments From The Movies Stay Tuned: Television's Unforgettable Moments We Interrupt This Broadcast: The Events That Stopped Our Lives...from the Hindenburg Explosion to the Attacks of September 11