Start by marking “And the Crowd Goes Wild: Relive the Most Celebrated Sporting Events Ever Broadcast (Audio+cd-ROM) [With Audio CD]” as Want to Read:

3.93 of 5 stars 3.93  ·  rating details  ·  54 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Fans Wept. The Crowd Cheered. The Announcers Went Wild. You Just Had To Be There. And You Can Be.
In words and images--and on two audio CDs narrated by award-winning sports journalist Bob Costas--And The Crowd Goes Wild brings to life the spine-tingling moments that brought us to our feet.
From bleachers to box seats to living room sofas, devoted fans and casual observers
Published December 15th 2000 by Sourcebooks (first published 2000)

To ask other readers questions about And the Crowd Goes Wild, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about And the Crowd Goes Wild

This was fun! I'm allergic to most sports, reading this purely to fill in a gap because I could end up on Jeopardy!, and I need to know about Babe Ruth and Wilt Chamberlin and so forth. But even I have been known to enjoy a "sports movie" like Field of Dreams or Brian's Song; in these films the sport in question is winnowed down to the most thrilling and intense, most life-altering moments, and packaged up for even an ignoramus like me to be able to appreciate. And that's just what this book is: ...more
I love listening to these CDs. I can especially listen over and over again to "The Play": Cal vs. Stanford, November 20, 1982: "the most amazing, sensational, traumatic, heartrending, exciting, thrilling finish in the history of college football!" HooRAYYYYY!" The book, of course, is great, because you learn about all these other famous sporting events.
Apr 08, 2007 Jay rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Someone who likes audio with their books
This is a fun book to read/listen to on a rainy day. You flip through several pages while the announcers original play by play is going. Bob Costas does a great job helping you visualize by setting the scene. Not for someone with kids that like to continuously interrupt.
Jan 09, 2008 Paul rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: sports
A fun look at the most memorable events in sports history. The CD that comes with the book is pretty fun too.
Cool selection of memorable sports moments along w/ cds containing the actual call of the big moment.
Ron Kaplan
Robin added it
Sep 07, 2015
Matt marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2015
Brian Weisbrod
Brian Weisbrod marked it as to-read
May 13, 2015
Jennycrawford1 marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2015
Mike marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2014
Sue added it
Nov 08, 2014
Linda added it
Aug 06, 2014
Shirley Eiswerth
Shirley Eiswerth marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
We Interrupt This Broadcast: Relive the Events That Stopped Our Lives...from the Hindenburg to the Death of Princess Diana (book with 2 audio CDs) 100 Yards of Glory: The Greatest Moments in NFL History Stay Tuned: Television's Unforgettable Moments Now Showing: Unforgettable Moments From The Movies We Interrupt This Broadcast: The Events That Stopped Our Lives...from the Hindenburg Explosion to the Attacks of September 11