Start by marking “Walter Wick's Optical Tricks: 10th Anniversary Edition” as Want to Read:
Walter Wick's Optical Tricks: 10th Anniversary Edition

Walter Wick's Optical Tricks: 10th Anniversary Edition

4.08  ·  Rating Details  ·  64 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
Walter Wick's amazing puzzler celebrates its 10th anniversary with a new redesigned foil cover and an eye-popping magic-picture postcard!

You may have seen drawings of impossible objects, but have you ever seen them photographed? Wick's book of optical illusions leaves readers of all ages wondering just how the I Spy photographer does it!

This book combines fascinating optic
Published October 1st 2008 by Cartwheel Books (first published September 1st 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Walter Wick's Optical Tricks, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Walter Wick's Optical Tricks

Charles
May 27, 2016 Charles rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a wonderful book for children of all ages, for it forces the viewer to look closely and understand how an image can deceive you. Each of the images appears to have a certain form, yet when examined closely or from a different perspective, it becomes clear that the structure is quite different.
I strongly recommend this book as a fun way to challenge youngsters and improve their observational skills. Optical illusions are some of the most entertaining things that are also educational.
Sarah Sammis
Aug 03, 2010 Sarah Sammis rated it really liked it
My kids love the I Spy books. The man behind the photography is Walter Wick. His photography has inspired some of my son's photography. So when we saw Walter Wick's Optical Tricks which explains how he makes his optical illusions for the I Spy books we had to check it out.

The book is a good but short introduction to setting up photographic optical illusions. The ones involving mirrors got Sean's attention most. I think because they are such simple devices but create such amazing results.

So our o
Debra
Feb 08, 2011 Debra rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
152.14 Wick. Kudos to Wick and the I Spy creators. The visuals are interesting in this take off on the much loved I Spy series. The optical illusions are a little more than just finding objects in a sea of other objects. Each page has an optical illusion problem to be solved. The answers are in the back of the book. I was willing to spend more time with this than I have ever been able to give to I Spy. The teachers at my school would prefer I not allow these books to be checked out, as there is ...more
Christopher
Apr 17, 2016 Christopher rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016-in-and-in
Is a mind blowing, tricky book.
Samantha
Can you trust your eyes? These optical illusions will have you turning the book upside down and right side up trying to figure out how he does it. Luckily the author reveals his tricks in the end.

This is a super fun book for young and old alike. It would make a great gift book and is a must for I Spy fans.
R. G. Nairam
Feb 21, 2016 R. G. Nairam rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-books
This is one of those books I completely forgot about from my own library-visiting childhood, and then a sibling brought it home and I went very OH MY WORD THAT BOOK I LOVE THAT BOOK on them and they looked at me strange.

Yeah.

It's fun.
Miri
Oct 22, 2012 Miri rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: juv-nonfiction
Optical illusions are always fun, and I feel like this could be a good gateway book to show kids that there's interesting stuff in nonfiction as well as fiction (or for kids who don't love to read in the first place).
Heather
Mar 27, 2014 Heather rated it it was ok
This was okay for a look, but it really wasn't all that great unfortunately.
Jamie
Please see my review of this book on my blog at: http://harvestparklibrary.wordpress.c...
Emily
Mar 18, 2009 Emily rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My 5 yr old and I loved this book. At the end it tells you how the photos are set up to make the optical illusions.
Christina
Ethan couldn't stop looking at this book with the boys. Optical illusions truly are fascinating!
Lorna Reed
Aug 08, 2009 Lorna Reed rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Optical illusions in photographs and helps to understand them in the back of the book.
Bree
Mar 19, 2013 Bree rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kids-nf-books
Notes:
9yo son loves this
photos are real life illusions
solve a puzzle on each page
Rocco Julian
Apr 18, 2013 Rocco Julian rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A book about optical tricks.
Noah Wenzl
Nov 25, 2009 Noah Wenzl rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
It was too hard!
Charlene Mitchell
Charlene Mitchell rated it liked it
Jun 11, 2016
Joey
Joey marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2016
Lewis
Lewis added it
Apr 09, 2016
O
O marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2016
Ian
Ian marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2016
Soul Village
Soul Village marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2016
Jared
Jared added it
Jan 20, 2016
Lauren Ogburn
Lauren Ogburn marked it as to-read
Dec 24, 2015
Cathy Reischl
Cathy Reischl rated it it was amazing
Oct 27, 2015
Kathy
Kathy rated it really liked it
Oct 19, 2015