Start by marking “Blood-Curdling Box” as Want to Read:
Blood-Curdling Box

Blood-Curdling Box

All the foul favourites from the Horrible Histories series presented in a blood-curdling box with flip-top lid. It contains 20 books, including 'Rotten Romans', 'Terrible Tudors' and 'Awesome Egyptians'.
Published October 6th 2008 by Scholastic

Nazrul
Jul 01, 2012 Nazrul rated it it was amazing
Thought this Horrible Histories set would be fantastic for children in KS2 going onto KS3.

It is a must have literature for everyone as it makes 'boring old History' in to a fun, exciting and engaging way to learn about world history, drawing out the 'fun' aspects (with a particular focus on the gorey parts, which in all honesty is appealing to most people).

Even if you are not a fan of history, these books will plant seed of new found enthusiasm in you!

And the best thing about this is, the whole
Sakuko
Feb 09, 2017 Sakuko rated it it was amazing
Die Bloodcurdling Box of Books enthält 20 Ausgaben Horrible Histories. Von den Steinzeitmenschen, Ägypter, Römern, Griechen, Azteken und Inkas hin zu der Geschichte Großbritanniens: Kelten, Wikinger, Saxen, Normannen, die Königshäuser der Stuards und Tudors, sowie der erste und zweite Weltkrieg sind vorhanden.
Die Bücher sind eigentlich an Kinder gerichtet, und daher alle angenehme ca. 160 Seiten lang. Für Kinder eine überschaubare Dicke, für interessierte Erwachsene gut an einem Tag zu lesen.

Die
Lisa
Apr 12, 2013 Lisa rated it it was amazing
These are a great set of books that can read by anyone, Young and old. I got these bought for me but and have found my Nieces and Nephews reading them many times, Even my Mum and Dad has read bits of them. They go from the Stone Age right through to the Blitzed Brits and are a bargain at around £20. There plenty of pictures and facts that are easy to understand and children and adults alike will learn lots of fact from them.
Mickadoo
Apr 13, 2015 Mickadoo rated it liked it
This "box of books" was really good, and do NOT get me wrong, Terry Deary is an amazing author and I write to him regularly.

It's a bit young - but neither is it meant to be used for essays. Therefore my 3/5. It gets boring. But it helped me remember all of my history facts.

It's funny and in Grade 4, all of my friends loved it.
Trista
Trista rated it really liked it
Jul 11, 2014
Turknoys Demirkol
Turknoys Demirkol rated it really liked it
Mar 15, 2014
Sarah Cunningham
Sarah Cunningham rated it it was amazing
May 04, 2015
Tasha
Tasha rated it really liked it
Jan 03, 2015
Rubi
Rubi rated it it was amazing
Jul 13, 2011
Jane
Jane rated it it was amazing
Jun 07, 2016
joanna ludlow
joanna ludlow rated it it was amazing
Oct 31, 2015
Michael de Plater
Michael de Plater rated it really liked it
Nov 28, 2013
Courtney
Courtney rated it it was amazing
Nov 21, 2014
Jude
Jude rated it it was amazing
Jan 24, 2017
Shuhuan Yu
Shuhuan Yu rated it it was amazing
Jul 01, 2015
Jemma
Jemma rated it it was amazing
Dec 15, 2014
Elizabeth
Elizabeth rated it it was amazing
Oct 18, 2014
John Allgood
John Allgood rated it really liked it
Jul 16, 2014
Orankytank
Orankytank rated it it was amazing
Aug 26, 2014
Meg Gross-Gentile
Meg Gross-Gentile rated it really liked it
Aug 30, 2015
Simon
Jan 31, 2015 Simon rated it really liked it
History made fun for kids - I love it!
Ellie Blow
Ellie Blow rated it it was amazing
Mar 14, 2016
Rach
Rach rated it it was amazing
Dec 19, 2016
Trina Borenstein
Trina Borenstein rated it it was amazing
Nov 23, 2012
Amy
Amy rated it really liked it
Jan 05, 2015
NP HOSKIN
NP HOSKIN rated it really liked it
Feb 19, 2017
Ellie
Ellie rated it liked it
Jun 16, 2014
Lucas
Lucas rated it really liked it
Jan 05, 2015
Vikash Singh
Vikash Singh rated it it was amazing
Feb 09, 2017
Kirsty Snozwell
Kirsty Snozwell rated it it was amazing
Nov 28, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
A former actor, theatre-director and drama teacher, Deary says he began writing when he was 29. Most famously, he is one of the authors of the Horrible Histories series of books popular among children for their disgusting details, gory information and humorous pictures and among adults for getting children interested in history. Books in the series have been widely translated into other languages ...more
More about Terry Deary...